PDA

View Full Version : FS: 88 Lebaron Convertible in SE PA

AMoparGirl
06-25-2006, 12:03 PM
Red w/white top & gray vinyl interior, located in Dover, PA 17315 It's in good shape & a pretty solid car. NO RUST. Definitely not a parts car, and I can't imagine there's many other 88's out there in better physical shape with 127,000 miles on them.

Here's the GOOD:
It was garage kept & only a fair weather car when I bought it in 11/02 with 76,000. So the undercarriage is clean, clean floors.
It was never hit before I bought it, that I know of, nor while I owned it (since 11/02).
A/C is COLD.
The top is good, but too tight. I was hoping to replace it either this year or next.
All windows in working order.
The top motor works fine, it was taken out of a newer vert that was totaled.
The interior is flawless too, with the exception of the right side of the driver's seat starting to get fold cracks, right under where your right thigh rests.
Both axles are new within the past year.
New 14" Dunlops in either 8/04 or 6/05, I can't remember, but can check.

Here's the BAD:
The headlights stopped closing some time ago.
The temp gauge stopped working & I never got as far to figure out why.
A lift & slip was done about 2 years ago on the head gasket & it started to leak again this year, but never more than a quart between 3,000 mile oil changes.
I put a new rad in about a year & a half ago & it started leaking again, so I had to keep up on the fluid level. Was planning to replace the rad about the time she left me sit.
Bernie said there's no compression at #1 & #2. He said the head should be gone over at least, just to be safe, but thought it might be less work to just exchange motors if I could get one that's pretty much ready.

I did all my own oil changes, unless I had it at Bernie's for some work. He did all the work on the car that I couldn't/wouldn't, so he probably knows it better than I do. That's where the car is now, in Dover. I sure do miss driving her, there's just something about those Jbody Lebarons that's cool! But I just don't have the need for another vert. I'm sure I'll have enough headaches once the Shelby is back on the road, and I definitely need a car that's less work & is under a warranty. THAT part is nice about my new car. Would you believe I haven't bought a NEW car since 1987!?! That was the 1st time too....LOL! All used Mopars ever since.....9 of them! I don't know if that's good or bad....LOL! Email for pics if interested, I have a ton!
Asking $1000, may be negotiable.
Thanx for your interest.