PDA

View Full Version : Suspension: 95-99 Neon KONI struts (2 fronts, 3 rears)

DC Turismo
11-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Bought all new struts for my R/T since these KONIs can use a rebuild (IMHO).

Selling both fronts, both rears, and an extra rear that I picked up along the way. Two of the three rears most definitely need a rebuild as they can be compressed extremely easily by hand. I'm saying you can probably get by using the fronts as they don't appear to be blown yet, and same goes for the one rear as I was planning on getting by with them thru the winter until the one rear strut got really obnoxious as of late. But I'll still suggest that they need rebuilt for the simple fact that they are now thirteen years old and I do not know the amount of miles on them having bought them last year and put ten thousand miles on them myself in addition to whatever was on them already. In other words, don't expect to put these on and feel like your riding on a floating couch. :clap:

*** These are the original ACR Koni blacks that came factory from Chrysler.

This setup includes all five struts I have listed as well as the two rear and two front mounting plates. I pulled the springs and installed them on my new KYBs.

Reason for selling: I bought new KYB Excel G's (or something like that) along with new strut mounts since I was wanting to get my car realigned anyways. KYB's are installed already and the KONIs are taking up space. I'd like to get $200 plus shipping for these. Yes that's right, $40 a piece per KONI strut plus the cost to get it to you.

Offering them up here first before posting on Neons.org and eBay/CL. Pictures available upon request, but again, nothing fancy. Typical daily driven struts covered in dirt and grime from the roads. KONI stickers are still visible though. Email me at lofinkw@hotmail.com or PM me. If you know someone looking for these, direct them my way. Local pickup is preferred of course! :amen:

And as always, serious inquiries only. :nod:

Sgt Craig
11-03-2010, 08:32 PM
:banghead:

glhs727
11-03-2010, 10:59 PM
Someone with a 95-99 neon should jump on these. Koni has discontinued the 95-99 struts, so buying used will be the only way to get a set in the future.

BadAssPerformance
11-03-2010, 11:18 PM
Are they adjustable?

86seeS
11-03-2010, 11:39 PM
shipping to 47362!!!!!!!!

Mopar318
11-04-2010, 04:36 PM
Are they adjustable?

Yup, ACR koni's are all adjustable.

DC Turismo
11-04-2010, 05:06 PM
shipping to 47362!!!!!!!!

PM'd!

DC Turismo
11-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Someone with a 95-99 neon should jump on these. Koni has discontinued the 95-99 struts, so buying used will be the only way to get a set in the future.

Yup, ACR koni's are all adjustable.

Thanks for the help! :amen:

fleckster
11-04-2010, 07:23 PM
Wow, Billy! Wish I had the money! They would be a sweet eventual upgrade for my R/T.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/562/medium/MVC-281F.JPG

BadAssPerformance
11-04-2010, 09:34 PM
PM'd!

Shipping to 60016 Please...

if Wes dont get them.

DC Turismo
11-04-2010, 11:26 PM
Wow, Billy! Wish I had the money! They would be a sweet eventual upgrade for my R/T.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/562/medium/MVC-281F.JPG

Very nice Fleck! We can always trade for those 2gn. R/T rims you got on there :eyebrows:

Shipping to 60016 Please...

if Wes dont get them.
Sounds good JT, I'll keep you posted. Didn't know you had a Neon!

BadAssPerformance
11-04-2010, 11:44 PM
Sounds good JT, I'll keep you posted. Didn't know you had a Neon!

Cool... yep, got this beaut a year ago to throw miles on, LOL

http://www.badassperformance.com/mrides/neon/purpleplymouth.jpg

DC Turismo
11-05-2010, 05:48 PM
Nice! sohc or dohc?

Sgt Craig
11-05-2010, 06:26 PM
Cool... yep, got this beaut a year ago to throw miles on, LOL

http://www.badassperformance.com/mrides/neon/purpleplymouth.jpg

My Style would own that thing!

BadAssPerformance
11-06-2010, 12:30 AM
Nice! sohc or dohc?

SOHC... going for 40mpg tomorow :)

My Style would own that thing!

LOL... Hellz yeah

DC Turismo
11-09-2010, 06:30 PM
PM'd with shipping quote JT!

ShadowFromHell
11-09-2010, 09:18 PM
THose deep purple neons are pretty rare! I have a deep purple coupe too, but it is a DOHC. Yours is in MUCH better shape!

BadAssPerformance
11-09-2010, 09:22 PM
Really? It has more dents in it than the moon!

DC Turismo
11-09-2010, 10:00 PM
Sold to JT, thanks everyone.

BadAssPerformance
11-09-2010, 11:11 PM
Thanks Billy... now, anyone got some ACR Springs? :eyebrows:

Mopar318
11-09-2010, 11:14 PM
Thanks Billy... now, anyone got some ACR Springs? :eyebrows:

Mopar High rates.

They are sweet but I think hard to come by. My car has them thought.

Its like a factory ride, which is odd because its sits about an inch lower, and is much stiffer, but still rides better than a regular neon.:confused2:

BadAssPerformance
11-09-2010, 11:19 PM
Yeah, those are what i want! LOL!

Mopar318
11-09-2010, 11:39 PM
Check it out. Also, that with no engine or drivetrain.

ShadowFromHell
11-10-2010, 02:04 AM
I have a set of ACR springs from a 95...

fleckster
11-10-2010, 10:52 AM
I was thinking that my '98 R/T also has the same springs as the early ACRs. I know they had the early Sport Coupe struts instead of the ACR Konis. They were still Arvin Struts but more dampening. With the non-Koni struts and ACR Springs it may ride different than the ACRs but hopefully stiffer and better than regular Neons, right? Anybody know if this is true?

ShadowFromHell
11-10-2010, 01:00 PM
Like I said I have a set of ACR springs. I did some research on them when I first got them, thinking they were going to be a WAY better spring then a stock neon spring. Turned out the spring rate is about 10lbs higher, that's all. I still plan on using them, but that's because I don't want to lower the car. If I wasn't against lowing it, I would find something else.

BadAssPerformance
11-11-2010, 10:13 AM
I have a set of ACR springs from a 95...

How much?

DC Turismo
11-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Next thing you know JT's going to be wanting to put a 2.4 in this thing :p

BadAssPerformance
11-11-2010, 02:16 PM
LOL, Naaah, this is my DD/MPH car, just looking to make it handle even better than it already does

Mopar318
11-11-2010, 05:44 PM
LOL, Naaah, this is my DD/MPH car, just looking to make it handle even better than it already does

SRT4 engine time! You did just say your MPH car right?

When I got my neon about 4 months ago I said I was going to keep the N/A setup and autocross it because it handled so well, well now its a few weeks away from the srt4 engine sitting in the bay.

Mopar318
11-11-2010, 05:45 PM
Like I said I have a set of ACR springs. I did some research on them when I first got them, thinking they were going to be a WAY better spring then a stock neon spring. Turned out the spring rate is about 10lbs higher, that's all. I still plan on using them, but that's because I don't want to lower the car. If I wasn't against lowing it, I would find something else.

I must have different springs that what your talking about. The guy that had the car said the car had mopar performance high rate springs. If you look at my picture the car is pretty low, and there is not an engine in it even.

BadAssPerformance
11-11-2010, 08:48 PM
SRT4 engine time! You did just say your MPH car right?

When I got my neon about 4 months ago I said I was going to keep the N/A setup and autocross it because it handled so well, well now its a few weeks away from the srt4 engine sitting in the bay.

LOL, damn, that musta been a freuidian slip up type thingy!

Yeah, no 2.4L for this skittle... I like the Daytona's HUGE engine compartment too much to think of souping up a neon!

Mopar318
11-11-2010, 10:16 PM
LOL, damn, that musta been a freuidian slip up type thingy!

Yeah, no 2.4L for this skittle... I like the Daytona's HUGE engine compartment too much to think of souping up a neon!

Yeah, the engine is about 28 inches from turbo to manifold. The engine bay is 29 or so inches. There isnt much room in there. 1/2 between the belts and frame rail too!

BadAssPerformance
11-11-2010, 10:27 PM
yeah.. have fun with that! ;)

ShadowFromHell
11-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Yeah, the engine is about 28 inches from turbo to manifold. The engine bay is 29 or so inches. There isnt much room in there. 1/2 between the belts and frame rail too!

That is one of the reasons I have never done alot of work to the neon's I have owned. Working on a P or K isn't bad, But I get mad working on my dads L. The neon looks worse!

inmyshadow
11-12-2010, 04:57 AM
wait until you need to do an in the car timing belt job.

I found out the hard way. It would've been quicker for me to pull the motor. The 2.4 is alot tighter on the passenger side then a stock motor. I had to disconnect three motor mounts so I could raise/lower the motor to remove the passenger motor mount bracket.

I've managed to resisted turbocharging my 2.4. I've been close several times these past three years. I just haven't found a decent price T3 flanged turbo for my stratus exhaust manifold.

later

ShadowFromHell
11-12-2010, 12:56 PM
Ive got lucky. I have bought all 3 of my neons from the same guy. They have ALL had HG's and timming belts done on them shortly before I have bought them. It has worked out great for me!

Mopar318
11-12-2010, 05:28 PM
wait until you need to do an in the car timing belt job.

I found out the hard way. It would've been quicker for me to pull the motor. The 2.4 is alot tighter on the passenger side then a stock motor. I had to disconnect three motor mounts so I could raise/lower the motor to remove the passenger motor mount bracket.

I've managed to resisted turbocharging my 2.4. I've been close several times these past three years. I just haven't found a decent price T3 flanged turbo for my stratus exhaust manifold.

later

Well I got an entire low mileage SRT4 engine for $1200 so I shouldnt need to do the timing belt for a long time. The car will probally only see 10k a year or so.