PDA

View Full Version : best way to supply fuel for a nitous turbo motor?

bakes
10-25-2010, 11:47 PM
What is the best way to supply fuel for a nitrous turbo motor ? running off the fuel rail pressure? or running a dedicated fuel regulated at a static pressure?:confused2:

boost geek
10-26-2010, 12:02 AM
You go girl! I'm picking up my fogger2 nozzle tomorrow. :bounce2::nx:

BadAssPerformance
10-26-2010, 12:14 AM
I've used rail pressure without issue. It will be a tad on the richer (safer) side this way.

Fogger nozzle placement is important, and also driving style if it is a stick... our intakes were not designed to flow liquids (fuel) through them.

Basic instal... put the fogger in the elbow aiming down the plenum

If a stick, lift off the button a split second before you shift so the intake doe snto becoem a bomb when you lift throttle.

contraption22
10-26-2010, 12:20 AM
For a simple fogger system, use rail pressure.

If you are running a HUGE shot, you may want a dedicated fuel system with it's own pump, regulator, and return line.

Either way, if the point where fogger nozzle sees boost pressure, then the fuel pressure needs to be boost referenced or the fuel/nitrous ratio will be lean when the engine is in boost.

boost geek
10-26-2010, 12:22 AM
I've used rail pressure without issue. It will be a tad on the richer (safer) side this way.

Fogger nozzle placement is important, and also driving style if it is a stick... our intakes were not designed to flow liquids (fuel) through them.

You remember my intake? :eyebrows:

bakes
10-26-2010, 12:25 AM
So we are setting fuel nozzel size at are hightest boost level?

BadAssPerformance
10-26-2010, 12:28 AM
You remember my intake? :eyebrows:

Yep

So we are setting fuel nozzel size at are hightest boost level?

If you use the textbook nozzles and boosted fuel pressure you should be safe to start as the recomended nozzles are typically for N/A setups... like Contraption says, gotta counter the boost.

bakes
10-26-2010, 01:14 AM
If a stick, lift off the button a split second before you shift so the intake doe snto become a bomb when you lift throttle
There is going to be a Wot and stick mounted switch wired in series to protect between shifts.

RoadWarrior222
10-26-2010, 09:58 AM
I'd say strap a mexican to the hood with a 5 gallon can and tell him to pour it down the intake... ;)

Buuuut fer serious.... the rougher your intake surface finish is, the better aerosolised fluids will stay in suspension. Though there's practically religious wars about whether that should be golf ball dimples, grooves, 40 grit or "au naturel" factory casting spackle.

86Shelby
10-26-2010, 10:12 AM
When you guys say to use rail pressure are you taking the fuel from the fuel pressure gauge port or from the high pressure line before the rail? If you take it from the fuel pressure port wouldn't you run a risk of leaning out cylinders 1 & 2?

Pat
10-26-2010, 10:30 AM
I've always t'd the fuel feed line before the rail. While it may work fine, pulling fuel from a stock rail which already has limited capacity has always made me a bit uneasy.

contraption22
10-26-2010, 10:47 AM
I've always t'd the fuel feed line before the rail. While it may work fine, pulling fuel from a stock rail which already has limited capacity has always made me a bit uneasy.

I agree here. I tee'd into the fuel line before the rail as well.

boost geek
10-26-2010, 06:31 PM
What about a "hollow" T2 fuel rail, as in the internal tube removed?