PDA

View Full Version : Death of A Very Rare Car

2.216VTurbo
06-24-2006, 12:09 PM
:(

It always hurts me a bit when I find a nice TD in the J-yard

It hurts even more when it's a car like I've owned

Were talking gut wrenching when it's a Whittier car or otherwise rare TD

Needless to say, when I found a 1 of 214 ever made car that I own (sort of), I am hating it:mad:

I Love my Rampage, I WISH it were an original DC Rampage- like the one I found in the Jyard yesterday:mad:

Garnet red with grey interior and obviously owned by someone who cared for it. florrmats, bed cover, overall good condition for a 22 year old truck.

I am too lame to insert pic so I sent them to the Frank to stick em in this post.

Bardo
06-24-2006, 12:32 PM
couldnt you buy it??

86Shelby
06-24-2006, 12:41 PM
At least grad stuff from it, if not try to convince the yard to let it go? It does suck when you see cool things like that in the yard.

Frank
06-24-2006, 12:44 PM
There you go dude!

GLHS592
06-24-2006, 12:46 PM
If they won't let you buy it, then strip it clean. You'll regret it if you don't. I can think of 25 or 30 cars I've seen in the yards around here that I should have stripped.

GLHSKEN
06-24-2006, 01:10 PM
How's the rust... If you can get it to topeka... Reeves and I will make it worth your while!!

Bardo
06-24-2006, 01:14 PM
i thought shelby never made a page??

BIG PSI
06-24-2006, 01:47 PM
There ia a Rampage here where I live that has NEVER been sold and NEVER been titled other than to the dealership that received it from Dodge. It sat inside the showroom for years as a display only vehicle and now it is in his garage at home. The miles are very-VERY LOW.

Chuck
:nod:

GLHS592
06-24-2006, 02:27 PM
i thought shelby never made a page??

http://www.xmission.com/~dempsey/shelby/sheldode.htm

2.216VTurbo
06-24-2006, 05:33 PM
Thanks Frank, some posts are worthless without pics:o

It's hard for you folks with plenty of space to understand, but there is just nowhere to put cars out here on my property or my Brothers or my Moms or Grandpa's... In fact, I only know one guy in our whole SD/TD club that has acreage to deposit 'future projects' onto. It's just too tight with regs etc. While doing a clutch on my Bro's TII Shadow, I got lazy and left the jackstands under the car Saturday and Sunday night (the car was covered) Monday mid day there was a notice from the city about "storage of inoperative/unregistered vehicals being against city code" and accompanying the note, a digital pic shot from a low angle showing the jackstands:( Now we are redflaged by our 'consevative' little city of Mission Viejo and I get all kinds city officials checking up on our property. Believe it or not, there are at least 10 cities in Orange County that not only tell you what color to paint your house (you have 5 preapproved colors to choose from) but what kind of trees/vegitation you can plant. And heaven forbid you leave your garage door open more than two consecutive hours... Much of the extra community service workforce are unpaid retirees armed with ticket books and too much time on their hands. So just staying under the radar with my 3 TD cars and my DD is a task.

Yes I am sorry to see a good car go to the crusher, but I am not really able to save them:o If you guys want to get on the horn and try it, the Rampage is at Ecology Auto (a self serve dismantler) Oceanside, CA (760)-757-7770

2.216VTurbo
06-24-2006, 05:37 PM
BTW a question for you folks who have seen another unmodded DC 'Page, is that Shelby sticker on the front nose original? I though they just had the tape strip? The sticker was very old like from the right erea but the things like the working dual exhaust show that the ower was a bit of a modder.:thumb: Also the DC 'Page specific side skirts are gone as is the front lower in the pics.

ShelbyMotorsports
06-24-2006, 06:26 PM
BTW a question for you folks who have seen another unmodded DC 'Page, is that Shelby sticker on the front nose original?

Nope the DC Rampages didn't say Shelby anywhere.

Here's a pic of a DC Rampage from back in the day. Only says Dodge.

Hey and it's a black one that people say don't exist.

turbo xtc
06-25-2006, 07:10 AM
to bad it's side skirts are missing my dad has been working on a shelby/page clone and he needs those the rampages are a little longer then the chargers that would complete his clone (he's a master-cloner) one 73 challenger r/t one 1966 elcamino s/s and a 1984 rampage shelby

mpgmike
06-25-2006, 12:22 PM
Damn, I really hope somebody is able to connive the JY to sell the complete truck. Too many people are on the forums screaming they want a 'Page, and there just aren't that many of them left. Then you have this one in such good shape, and such a rare piece waiting for some non-English speaking folk to cut it up! I'm in PA and couldn't possibly arrange to get that thing, but I'll post a link on some of the other forums to get the word out.

Mike

looneytuner
06-25-2006, 12:39 PM
See if a friendly junkyard will buy it intact for you and then sell it to you.

2.216VTurbo
06-25-2006, 02:27 PM
to bad it's side skirts are missing my dad has been working on a shelby/page clone and he needs those the rampages are a little longer then the chargers that would complete his clone (he's a master-cloner) one 73 challenger r/t one 1966 elcamino s/s and a 1984 rampage shelby

Just do what the factory did and 'graft' two sets of Charger skirts together. FWIW you HAVE to be able to do a better job than the factory did, theirs is only appoxied with a small scrap of the ABS material from the skirt as backing. After removing them they almost fell apart in my hands:( They will be altered substantially before they find their way onto my Rampage;) Ah yes, good to have those differnt than Charger rear pieces, been searching for those little jewels for years...

WVRampage
06-25-2006, 03:26 PM
If I had the money id fly out and get it back out here if I could.

Directconnection
06-25-2006, 05:01 PM
Just call... maybe...and a big maybe...if you convince them that it won't be registered and only a drag car, then there's no issue since they may have already turned in the title to the state. Or... do/say whatever in neccessary...I know I have before:eyebrows:

jaysshelby
06-25-2006, 09:04 PM
anyone interested, I have made a few sets of side skirts for the rampage. can send a pic of mine. look better than orginals. pm me if interested.

mpgmike
06-26-2006, 09:31 PM
anyone interested, I have made a few sets of side skirts for the rampage. can send a pic of mine. look better than orginals. pm me if interested.
Whatcha lookin to get for 'em?

Mike

Rosco
06-26-2006, 10:35 PM

Yes, very interested!:evil:

I would also like that Rampage if it wasn't on the wrong coast!:mad: :(

My Rampage:

http://www.mopar1.us/rampage/rampage6.jpg

My donor Scamp GT

http://www.mopar1.us/scamp/scamp2.jpg

jaysshelby
06-27-2006, 09:47 AM
what I have been doing is, send me 2 sets of Shelby Charger side skirts and for 75.00 plus return shipping, I will make a set for a Rampage/Scamp. all you will need to do is have them painted. I will have the area I spliced together in finished body work and primed. all your painter will have to do is seal and paint whatever color you want.

Jakem
07-01-2006, 04:17 PM
I'll Chime in. Jake here from www.jakesgeneralstore.com we built a Shelby Rampage Street Fighter. actually mated the front of he Shelby Charger to the back of a Rampage. http://www.jakesgeneralstore.com/Carpages/rampage/rampage.htm

2.216VTurbo
07-01-2006, 05:51 PM
Jake, We are glad you chimed in:thumb: That is a very nice conversion and AFAIK, the only Charger/Rampage sectioned truck. Very nicely executed. But what I would like to know more about is that one off bed cover. You gotta give some more detail on that piece!! Did you build a buck than lay out glass onto it? What about internal supports? How did you decide on the rise, is it for stiffness or just pure style? I plan on using a very strong set of strut rods sourced from a heavy-as-heck Cadillac Northstar hood. Now I can see where to where to mount them. You saved me a bunch of mock up time:thumb: Are you all done underhood or is it still in progress?

Ps on your next one, how about you stretch it a bit and give it a crew cab? Second one should only take you half as long right? Maybe one thousand hours instead:eyebrows:

Jakem
07-01-2006, 08:14 PM
Bed cap was done by a good fibergalss shop to the tune of $4k. Tough to do a rampage. I think they used a lund bed cap, cut it up, used steel re-enforcements, then put 2 inched of fiberglass underneat and repeated the process for the top. Thats all a guess. But they spent a ton of time and time is money. I bought the edging, shocks, front hinge with easy remove pins and all mounting hardware for $79.00 from Lund through a conversion truck shop.

THe bed cap closes INSIDE the tailgat so it is not obviously water tight. If it were to go up and over the tailgate I think it would have looked too high.

Thanks for the compliments. Lots of rampage/scamp people around.

daytonaturbo87
07-02-2006, 12:40 AM
jakem, that's a nice job on that one there. I know my brother would kill for one of those old DC bed covers for his, lol but 4k for that custom one, that's insane, though it looks pretty sweet.:thumb:

Directconnection
07-02-2006, 09:21 AM
someone save this car!
Amazed at how cars don't rust over there where you guys are!

PentastarTurbo
08-10-2006, 08:08 PM
Looks like the burgandy one's the real deal..

That black one posted looks to have been repainted..
nose stripes are a little off for a DC.. Still looks killer!

I too have seen a black one.. Black, Blue, and Garnet.. I also believe in Silver as well.. Someone sent me a picture of a door jam stating the correct 195's and Truck on it.. I responded back, no answer to em..

odd..

travis_k
10-29-2006, 12:37 AM
Its probably long gone by now, but if someone wanted it they would have sold it for $800 with the title. Its very very rare for someone to buy something like that, its alot eaiser just to not think about it and let it get crushed.

PentastarTurbo
10-29-2006, 09:50 PM
more along the lines of too lazy to do any extra paper work :)

travis_k
11-03-2006, 12:31 PM
Wouldnt have really been that much extra paperwork. rive down there with a trailer, buy it, put a new cat and gas tank in it, and take it in to be inspected by the dmv, and that would have been all you had to do.

mock_glh
11-03-2006, 02:30 PM
Jake, We are glad you chimed in:thumb: That is a very nice conversion and AFAIK, the only Charger/Rampage sectioned truck. Very nicely executed...

...how about you stretch it a bit and give it a crew cab? Second one should only take you half as long right? Maybe one thousand hours instead:eyebrows:

I have in fact seen a crew cab Rampage (unfortunately in the junkyard). Whoever did it did a good job because it didn't look custom at all. :)

Boyd

PentastarTurbo
11-04-2006, 12:53 AM
still around? able to get any pictures of it? Sounds neat..
I've oftin thought about an extended cab, no more than about 8" added to the cab.. :) A little wider would have been nice too..

mock_glh
11-04-2006, 02:53 AM
Nah, it's been several years. Surely been shredded by now.:(

Colorado Z
11-14-2006, 01:49 PM
It breaks my heart the things you see go to waist in the junk yards...