PDA

View Full Version : Big Air-Cooled VW Race at Famoso 6/24

2.216VTurbo
06-24-2006, 11:29 AM
My buddy runs Pro-Mod in his tube frame 152" wheel base 68 Fiat Spyder bodied strip/street car. It has taken him 8+ years to build it and although I spent countless hours at his house on it (and Drinking Coors Light:D ), I probably contributed less than 5% to the effort. Anyway, we think we finnally have the SDS/GT35/2180 motor tuned right after three sets of pistons, two cranks, and a couple of barrels:o It churned out 401 whp at 21 PSI. This is a car that weighs 1550 with him in it and is ballasted to 1600 to make class. At Sacramento a few weeks ago, he turned the fourth fastest time ever in the class 9.42 @ 148 MPH. Impressive thing is, there are no other street cars in this class:eyebrows: If you follow the aircooled scene, you have seen the car in Hot VW's last year.

I was supposed to be going with him when he left at o'dark-thirty this morning, but I am still in the doghouse from my little two day fishing trip off the coast on Moday and Tuesday:( No doubt I'll need to do a few honey do's before I go play at any races again:o

If you want the latest word from the drags at Bakersfield, check out CalLook.com

2.216VTurbo
06-26-2006, 11:21 PM
Pat made it to the final round-then got eliminated:( His final round run was 9.43 @ 146 with a 1.36 60':eyebrows: Too bad it was 115 degrees in the daytime and 94 degrees at night for the final round:eek: