PDA

View Full Version : How To Make Your Own Boost Leak Tester

Ground Rat
06-24-2006, 12:32 AM
Here is a great article on checking your car for boost leak: http://www.boostcreeps.com/phpBB/boostleaktester.php

R/T
06-24-2006, 10:35 PM
But remember, you would need to take the IC line off at the intake manifold, and plug it there to seal the system - intake valves would be open and let the air pressure out.....

GLHNSLHT2
06-25-2006, 01:37 AM
Made one a while back. Grabbed an air line nozzle from work, and a 3" sewer pipe cap from Homie Depot. Drilled a hole inserted the nozzle and put a piece of hose and a clamp on the backside to keep it from blowing out. Accidently put about 80psi to the pipes and nothing blew off or up :) Figured that's good enough for me :) I'll probably use it again. Every turbo car owner should have one.

Ground Rat
06-25-2006, 03:36 AM
But remember, you would need to take the IC line off at the intake manifold, and plug it there to seal the system - intake valves would be open and let the air pressure out.....
Good point man. I need to test my van.

Stinkbox
06-30-2006, 08:14 PM
i just drilled a hole in a spray paint can lid and put a valve stem in it, works perfect, you can even take another lid and plug off the other end of the pipe if testing them individually.