PDA

View Full Version : Shelby Charger Door Seals

CDNTurboZ
06-23-2006, 10:42 PM
Where can I get charger door seals?? I am talking about the ones that run along the door jamb, and the one that goes around the hatch opening.

thanks
steve

GLHS592
06-24-2006, 08:36 AM
The junkyard is the only source. I'm afraid we'll never be able to purchase these items brand new.

85shelbycharger
06-24-2006, 11:46 AM
I'd love to get a set of NOS ones....
I do have a passenger side window seal that is NOS. It's the one that runs along the top of the window when the window is up.

CDNTurboZ
06-24-2006, 11:31 PM
Damn, I guess I'll have to see if someone local can make me a set, the hatch seal is easy as i can buy some generic seal, but the doors...............

85shelbycharger
06-25-2006, 12:13 AM
Damn, I guess I'll have to see if someone local can make me a set, the hatch seal is easy as i can buy some generic seal, but the doors...............

Yea the ones on the doors are a pain in my side....
Mine have tears in them where the little mounting tabs go, and they're starting to fall off, I can't keep them on :mad: To make it worse, there are practically no two door l-body's left in the junkyards around here for me to even search for some better ones :(

GLHS592
06-25-2006, 09:05 AM
I would offer to look in yards around here for you. If I see any good ones, I'm KEEPING them. :)

Force Fed Mopar
06-25-2006, 11:21 AM
Yeah mine are wearing at the corner of the windows, the upper rear corner. Once in a while I see a set of NOS ones come up on Ebay.

WVRampage
06-25-2006, 02:09 PM
They are few and far between,mine arnt to bad off but id like new ones.Also the window felt may still be availible but i cant be sure I got new ones 6 years ago.No 2 door L Bodys left in junk yards around here and very few turbo cars left all have been hauled off.

Holley
06-25-2006, 02:38 PM
Someone on TD.com replaced the top window seals in a Rampage using sealing material found at Home Depot - seeing how it turned out I recon a set for Chargers could be knocked up.

I'd kill for replacement sunroof seals!

GLHS592
06-25-2006, 03:16 PM
I'd kill for replacement sunroof seals!

I remember a few years back somebody talking about some GM sunroof seal that would work. I think you had to buy two of them for the large L-body sunroof. I had the part # until my last PC crashed. I think it was for a Beretta or something like that.

Holley
06-25-2006, 04:57 PM
Now you mention it, I remember you saying that before - could use that part number, lol. I also need an aftermarket sunroof for the Daytona ... the current one has alot of wind noise up above 80 ...