PDA

View Full Version : need info's on 88 a413

shelbymonster
10-17-2010, 05:20 PM
i just bought a 88 pacifica and im thinking converting it to t2 electronics , i have all the stuff needed to convert it , but will the stock a413 will stay alive , im not planning to be very hard on it and i will drive it all the winter

RoadWarrior222
10-17-2010, 05:54 PM
Thing most likely to kill it in winter with or without power upgrades would be spinning one wheel and throwing the diff pin out. So you could do the diff pin saver mod.

Otherwise, nothing REALLY necessary IMO until you break into the 300s HP wise, but the shift kit mods are fun, and add durability and performance.

All this is presuming that it's all good and working, properly adjusted, etc before you mess with it. If it's worn out it will break. Maybe it breaks a couple of thousand miles sooner with more HP, but it would have broken anyway.

But if you wanna do a complete rebuild there's a good laundry list of stuff you can do to make it handle up to (mumble mumble) HP.... heh, that's because some folks have more luck than others.... but in the mid 400s things start to get "interesting"

shelbymonster
10-17-2010, 05:59 PM
i just want a dd for the winter , but when money will be there i will build a good one good 413 , the thing i know i need to to first , inspect and a trans cooler

turbovanmanČ
10-18-2010, 06:33 PM
I would add the larger cooler and do the valve body mods, this helps any trans live longer.

shelbymonster
10-18-2010, 07:52 PM
thanks , i heard to get line pressure up too , is that right ?

turbovanmanČ
10-18-2010, 09:26 PM
thanks , i heard to get line pressure up too , is that right ?

Yes, just a few turns, I'll find and post up the spec to use, so you don't go to far. Also drill the case so you can tweak it if need be without dropping the pan.

shelbymonster
10-22-2010, 01:42 PM
next week im gonna go get the car , i would be happy if the melted pistons did'nt broke anything so i could reuse the crank , and for the 413 , i guess i would be better to get it off before playing with it ? its my first time with auto trans

turbovanmanČ
10-22-2010, 02:00 PM
next week im gonna go get the car , i would be happy if the melted pistons did'nt broke anything so i could reuse the crank , and for the 413 , i guess i would be better to get it off before playing with it ? its my first time with auto trans

Depends on how it shifts now and if you drop the pan, how much crud is there.

shelbymonster
10-22-2010, 02:03 PM
yeah will see next week , im worried