PDA

View Full Version : cleaning the tranny/clutch with brake clean... details inside.

zshadow
06-23-2006, 12:31 AM
before i pulled the tuna off the road i blew my rear cam seal, and all of the oil that was in the motor basically drained into the timing light slot ontop of the tranny.

since the oil drained into there, and the clutch was brand new i asked a couple people and they recommended that i pull the tranny off, get a new disc (which i have) and spray the piss out of the flywheel and clutch.

anything else i should do while im in there? clean the inside of the tranny with anything special? i put like 300 miles on the clutch untill i blew the seal. which didnt make me happy... i know that the disc is organic and the oil just destroys it.

BadAssPerformance
06-23-2006, 12:47 AM
Might want to get the flywheel turned and put a light non-directional finish on the pressure plate with a sandpaper disk on an air grinder

tryingbe
06-23-2006, 03:13 PM
Might as well change the transmission's input shaft seal while you're at it. Cost you $8 in part.

I didn't changed it while I put a used tranny in my car, and guess what, a week later, I was pulling out the same tranny again. :(

zshadow
06-23-2006, 03:45 PM
:thumb: deff did that already! replaced the rear main seal when i had the tranny off the first time... i plan to make some sort of cover for the slot up top so if it happens again im no SOL

BadAssPerformance
06-23-2006, 04:19 PM
There was a plastic plug on them from the factory some years