PDA

View Full Version : FS 84-89 G-body front and side 2.4 motor mounts

spoolinhard
10-05-2010, 05:38 PM
A fellow member and I are going to be mocking up a 2.4 in an 88 g-body. since we are going to have the body leveled and the engine at the right angle for mockup, I was going to offer to fab up a couple extra sets. This is a one time offer. If there is no interest, then the first set will be made and the engine permanently bolted in place. This offer will no longer stand at that point.
Specs:
sidemoun (pass.)t: uses stock g-body motor mount combined with stratus motor mount.
(this will come ready to bolt to the stratus mount, which is not included)

front mount: combination of a neon and stock g-body mount. Neon on engine side, g-body on frame side.

200 for the pair, would require a $25 deposit to ensure we dont go through the work and have spares lying around. These come unblasted and unpainted.

Basically what this is an offer for a direct bolt in for your 2.4 into a 84-89 g-body.

If there is any further interest I will edit this post for production date:eyebrows: which should be within the next 3-4 weeks.

BadAssPerformance
10-05-2010, 09:30 PM
You're not gonna have enough turbo-to-firewall clearance that way, been there, done that. I have dimensions of my setup and can help you if you want? If there is enough interest that is?

Moved to "group buys"

spoolinhard
10-06-2010, 11:59 AM
This is being made for an assembled stock srt engine with an srt turbofold.. Whatever needs to be done to correctly install this in the engine bay will be made. I thought that you used the OBX header and that needed a bit more room than normal?

banger68
10-18-2010, 05:11 PM
Any updates on these?

BadAssPerformance
10-27-2010, 02:04 PM
This is being made for an assembled stock srt engine with an srt turbofold.. Whatever needs to be done to correctly install this in the engine bay will be made. I thought that you used the OBX header and that needed a bit more room than normal?

Correct. So basically any manifold replacing the turbofold and pretty much any turbo larger than the turbofold will need different mounts that you can get away with using the turbofold

Got pics of what yer making?