PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: Buy it before I part it! 89 CSX #179

ShadowFromHell
10-05-2010, 02:27 PM
Here is the deal, this is a good little car. Ive had it 4 or 5 years. I NEED to sell it. I have been out of work, and need the $$$. I have tried selling it in the past few months at $2500 and got little to no interest. The value of the shelby parts is higher then what I am asking, not to mention the new motor, clutch, and 555. Also has good rubber on it. This is a rust free p-body. I am going to give it a couple more weeks, and I will start parting it out. I am not going to sell the car for 1250 bucks so someone else can part it, after they give up on saving it. My plan is to part the shelby items, and turn whats left into a track/race car.

The good
*NO RUST
*motor and clutch have 1500 miles. Stock rebuild with pt lifters.
*Decent Fiberides. One has a little damage (easily fixable IMO) others are great.
*8/10 reccaros. There is some wear on the drivers bolster but it is not worn through. The passenger seat, rear seat and door panels look like new.
*Car has shelby steering wheel w/horn button
*all shelby "markings" are there. Rear medallion, dash plaque, shelby VC, ect.
*tires have 75-80%.
*Stock IC, radiator, fan, is all there.
*Has shelby wing, grill and side GFX. Passenger side lower skirt has small tear, very repairable.
*Has 3inch crush bent exhaust. Can be swapped for stock exhaust with flowmaster.

The bad
*Damaged on passenger side. Needs new fender and door. I have door that can/will go with car. Rear quarter needs some work, but its very repairable. (I use to be a body/frame guy)
*Missing front and rear shelby bumpers
*PS pump has been removed.
*VNT turbo is in a box. Car currently has a T1 turbo with a T2 comp housing. It seized less then a mile from the previous owners house (no joke!). The VNT turbo and all associated parts will go with it. I also have the stock airbox, and it will go with the car.
*I had some issues with it getting hot this summer when it was over 100 degree's outside. Its fine now that it cooled off.

I really do want to part this car. If I did not have to sell it, I would just let it sit. But I do need the money, and something has to go. If you want to save it, PLEASE DO! It would be a really nice car with new bumpers (that you can still buy) some paint, and a little body work. It has a new motor, and runs great. It has no rust, and IMO I would much rather change bolt on body parts, and fix a quarter then fix rust. The car is also driveable as it sits.

I am still asking $2500. I am rather firm on that number, but cash talks.

Here is a link to the album with all the photo's. http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/ll308/TurboshadowWA/csx/

EDIT: Price drop to 2k FIRM!

ShadowFromHell
10-06-2010, 03:04 PM
Every one complains about rust, but no one wants a rare car that is rust free?

Bump

inplansight
10-06-2010, 03:15 PM
Not a bad looking car , wrong cost for me.

Free:bump2:

Paul B

88lancershelby
10-06-2010, 05:59 PM
I'd bet if you were on the other coast you'd have it sold long ago? I'd buy it fer sure.

tsiconquest88
10-06-2010, 08:22 PM
thats exactly what the problem is!!!! poor guy is all the way over there lol

Badger
10-07-2010, 01:27 AM
sorry to hear your out of work.

turbors89
10-07-2010, 10:53 PM
why cant you be closer :mad:

blk86trbo
10-09-2010, 02:15 AM
I'd bet if you were on the other coast you'd have it sold long ago? I'd buy it fer sure.

why cant you be closer :mad:

More than likely if it had lived it's life farther east, it wouldn't be around any more because of rust issues :(

In the long run it's worth the extra money (vs the cost of rust repair) to travel for, or pay to ship, a rust free vehicle. And don't take this the wrong way, but if someone doesn't have an extra $500-$1000 handy (above the cost of the car), then they're probably looking at cars in the wrong price range.

Seriously, doing what it takes to get a rust free example is immeasurable. Just ask Jon Trotter (minigts) if his cross country roadtrips for a IROC R/T and GLHS were worth it!

BTW good luck with the sale...hopefully someone out there will be inspired to do "whatever it takes" to take possession :thumb:

ShadowFromHell
10-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Dropping the price to 2k FIRM. That should cover a portion of you guys back east's shipping cost. If I do not get any serious inquires by wed, the parting will start.