PDA

View Full Version : mock up L-body front end?

OmniLuvr
10-03-2010, 03:14 AM
alright, so i had to cut up one of my glht omni's because of a front end accident that affected the frame, enough to make the "frame" start to separate from the strut "towers", but the body panels are fine. this also makes it not a good candidate for mock up suspension.

now i have already cut the roof and windshield, and the rear section from the rear seat buckets back. i plan on using the front end from firewall forward for mock up of intake and exhaust mani's, intercoolers and hoses, wiring harness's, fenders and hood, and possible motor mounts?

now here's my dilemma, this is a southern California car with no rust. so, if i cut the car where its easy to cut, use, and mock up, (somewhere in between the front seat mounts and the front of the door opening) then the usable area for rusty floor repair will be destroyed.

but, if i cut along the firewall above the seam, i can now save choice pieces for people in need of rust repair. but buy doing this, it will be harder on me and my equipment, and it will cut the rear k-frame mount from my mock up front end. this will make it harder for me to mount casters, and i wont get a good idea where the k-frame is located in the frame to make motor mounts?

what do you guys think, save the floor for others, and "maybe" make A buck (seriously:rolleyes:), or do i make it easy and just cut across the floor?

zin
10-04-2010, 02:53 PM
While it is noble of you to want to save the floors so that another might live, I think it is too much work for something folks aren't willing to pay much for and it complicates you other efforts...

Make it what you need it to be with a minimum of hassle, I for one won't blame you! So chop chop, and sleep good tonight!:nod:

Mike

"Top Fuel" Bender
10-04-2010, 05:35 PM
While it is noble of you to want to save the floors so that another might live, I think it is too much work for something folks aren't willing to pay much for and it complicates you other efforts...

Make it what you need it to be with a minimum of hassle, I for one won't blame you! So chop chop, and sleep good tonight!:nod:

Mike

pretty much so
I carried charger quaters around for 5 years waiting to get rid of them cheap
think there was a complete l-body floor plan done south for $125 and nobody would take it :eek:

Badger
10-04-2010, 11:17 PM
I suppose the hood is shot? What color is the interior?

OmniLuvr
10-05-2010, 05:22 PM
all the body panels are fine, i have the fenders, doors, hatch, hood grill, gfx, and gas tank in my garage. dont know whats going on with the hood and gfx yet.

this is rosies old black glht, and i said i would sell the car back to him when i got my other running, but the suspension failure that caused the accident happened first. so he is undecided if we are going to reincarnate a glh clone yet because hes building a SSGT (super scamp gt) and a shelby lancer.

the interior was already stripped when i got it, it was grey, and the dash is going in the scamp gt. what color AND pieces are you looking for badger?

and thanks for the input, rosie tried to sell the floor pieces multiple times with no luck, i may try to list them one more time. i would just cut the pieces, but i just had wrist surgery and i cant cut it myself, and this half omni can only stay in my friends backyard for so long.

Badger
10-05-2010, 05:46 PM
well, I need a hood,grille, drivers side front door panel (fabric on the door panel is ok, what I really need is the grey plastic area), weather stripping that goes around the doors on the drivers side, driver and passenger front door speaker covers

there might be other stuff to, I'll have to go look at the car again. In the meantime maybe you could talk to Rosie?

OmniLuvr
10-05-2010, 06:24 PM
so do you need a turbo hood, or just a hood? and the grill was already clearanced for an intercooler.

i think the door panel had water damage (are you saying you just need the top part were you rest your arm when the window is down?).

and by weather stripping, are you talking about the felt that goes inside the door and around the window or are you talkin about the window scapers? cuz felt is wrecked, along with every other l-body, im just going to cut my own i think...

both speaker grills were drop kicked a long time ago, but il check the yard the next time i go...

Badger
10-05-2010, 07:05 PM
sorry, should have been a little more specific. I need a turbo hood.

the door panel, If I remember correctly (Im not looking at the car) theres the window, then below that theres some plastic strip area, then under that is the material. I need the plastic strip area but just to be sure, I can go look at the car tomorrow and double check.

not the window scrapers, but the thick rubber that goes inside and around the door.

thanks again

Badger
10-07-2010, 09:53 PM
ok, regarding the drivers door panel I need the grey plastic strip that is right below the glass but above the cloth material. The door knob comes out of this area.

I might need other stuff, I'll continue looking at the car.

csomni
10-08-2010, 01:39 AM
might have some of those omni parts pm me a list . i have a 90 omni parts car ive been using for my 84.

Badger
10-08-2010, 03:44 AM
yeah ok. Is your interior grey? How about an armrest besides the other stuff I mentioned above. It would be nice to get it locally but beggers cant be chooser's.

Dangerous Darren
12-24-2010, 12:21 PM
i am in need of the passenger side c pillar from the drip rail down to the gas door.

OmniLuvr
12-25-2010, 04:40 AM
a little late buddy, i cut right through the c pillar (it was easier that way). cut the "A" pillar off also, but still have some of the floors left, i just couldnt make myself cut it yet.

OmniLuvr
12-25-2010, 04:59 AM
oh ya, and i cut the rear quarters off at the body line and saved them, the ones on my other car have been repaired with bondo, and i dont like that...

shmedley
12-25-2010, 08:37 PM
a little late buddy, i cut right through the c pillar (it was easier that way). cut the "A" pillar off also, but still have some of the floors left, i just couldnt make myself cut it yet.

Interested in the driver side floor if you still have it

Vader85
06-10-2011, 09:31 PM
No pics????????

OmniLuvr
06-11-2011, 02:04 PM
Not much to look at, its an l body with no fenders or hood(rite now) cut at windshield, and floors rite at the door opening, its rolling around on casters rite now, I'm getting the mock up motor in it this weekend, and prob gonna start fabbing on an intake or two, headers r next, gotta c how much room I'll have...