PDA

View Full Version : Master rebuild kit 413

135sohc
10-03-2010, 01:32 AM
priced out some of the stuff from chrysler and its very reasonable but to the best of my findings there is no 'master overhaul' kit put out by mopar ? so I'm stuck buying stuff piece by piece or one of the things I found

http://www.importperformancetrans.com/catalog/chrysler-jeep-dodge-transmission-rebuild-kits/a413-a470-a670-ipt-performance-transmission-rebuild-kit-1642.html

Would that include everything as far as seals and all the little misc parts ?

Looked into the Sonnax offerings and will be doing all of the those parts as well.

Should the rear band be replaced ? Most seem to mention that it never really wears out or goes bad. The front looks to be common enough and included with every kit but the rear is a dealer only part (~$50~) unless your buying a relined one ?

Automagics are a very new and foreign thing to me :)

shackwrrr
10-03-2010, 01:51 AM
kit looks to use alto red eagles. Though Ive never heard of problems in other high performance applications, some here have had problems with the teeth on the inside not grabbing all that great.

turbovanmanČ
10-03-2010, 04:31 AM
I priced out a kit for Mr Overkill, I supply the Gasket and seal kit, filter, steels and fibers for the rear clutch, extra clutch's and steels to put 5 clutch's in the front clutch, HD band strut, both bands, modified rear sun gear housing with a needle bearing, both welded pinions, front is 5 pinion upgrade, $450.

Speedeuphoria
10-05-2010, 10:28 AM
Steve Locket was selling kits on neons.org

Here's the complete kit.

Modifyed kickdown piston for a faster 1-2 shift and much less wear
on the band.

Softer kickdown piston return spring, helps with 2-3 flare

Softer high gear piston return spring for both more pressure on the
pack and to reduce 2-3 flare.

Carbon lined band with spot welded tabs for faster 1-2 shift and to
keep the tabs from breaking off the band with higher line pressures.

Complete reseal kit, all seals including axle and pump.

Thrust washer kit

Alto high gear clutch pack with 6 red disc's and Rabesto's steels

Stock forward clutch pack with clutch's and steels.

Filter

HD rear band strut, the stock one will fold up at high pressures..

What you don't get is gaskets, most of us silicone the covers back on
like the factory does. But Mopor DOES sell a very trick oil pan gasket.
It's steel with a rubber liner on it, can be reused as ofter as you want.
A good idea on a race trans that has it's filter changed often.. Costs like
$35 at the dealer.

The full kit is $250 plus I need your old springs and piston back..

Line pressure for this should be around 135 psi, that's about as high as
I would go with a stock input shaft...

Vigo
10-05-2010, 11:39 AM
That mopar gasket for $35 is a NICE piece and i would recommend it for everyone who's doing their own trans work, ESPECIALLY if this is your first time.

In fact, if you want to save yourself even more hassle in the long run, drill the pan for a drain plug while you're at it. A drain plug and that gasket is the bomb diggity. lol.

WHIPAV8
10-14-2010, 04:51 PM
Steve Locket was selling kits on neons.org

Has any one delt with him on this kit.

Dave
10-14-2010, 10:07 PM
Interesting tricks there I've never heard of...^^^

R/T
10-15-2010, 07:55 AM
I've had good luck with these folks, many different kits depending on what you need/want to spend, or just parts ala cart..... :nod:

http://www.transmissionpartsusa.com/

R/T
10-15-2010, 07:59 AM
priced out some of the stuff from chrysler and its very reasonable but to the best of my findings there is no 'master overhaul' kit put out by mopar ? so I'm stuck buying stuff piece by piece or one of the things I found

http://www.importperformancetrans.com/catalog/chrysler-jeep-dodge-transmission-rebuild-kits/a413-a470-a670-ipt-performance-transmission-rebuild-kit-1642.html

Automagics are a very new and foreign thing to me :)

WOW!! That's expensive!!! :confused:

What does your trans need???

If it's just slipping new fibers can be had for about $20.00 or so.....;)

R/T
10-15-2010, 08:06 AM
Looked into the Sonnax offerings and will be doing all of the those parts as well.

Should the rear band be replaced ? Most seem to mention that it never really wears out or goes bad. The front looks to be common enough and included with every kit but the rear is a dealer only part (~$50~) unless your buying a relined one ?

Cheap Bands: http://www.transmissionpartsusa.com/A404_A413_A670_transmission_bands_s/8864.htm

R/T
10-15-2010, 08:11 AM
kit looks to use alto red eagles. Though Ive never heard of problems in other high performance applications, some here have had problems with the teeth on the inside not grabbing all that great.

Ohio Rob has used the 6 clutch kit - blowded it up. :yuck:

The 5 OE clutch setup seems to work great. :amen:

Mr overkill
10-15-2010, 09:02 AM
YEA TRANSMISSIONPARTSUSA has some nice pricing. I am trying to see if i can get enough cash to give to simon since he has helped me out with a bunch of questions and his price includes all the guesswork out with cleareances and all. PLUS its better to support a TM member

TheCanadian007
10-18-2010, 05:31 PM
Anyone have the part number for that reuseable pan gasket from Mopar?

Cheers, TheCanadian

turbovanmanČ
10-18-2010, 05:51 PM
YEA TRANSMISSIONPARTSUSA has some nice pricing. I am trying to see if i can get enough cash to give to simon since he has helped me out with a bunch of questions and his price includes all the guesswork out with cleareances and all. PLUS its better to support a TM member

Aww shucks, thanks, blushing, :p

Anyone have the part number for that reuseable pan gasket from Mopar?

Cheers, TheCanadian

Check page 5 of the old FAQ's or the top of the transmission section, its stickied.

135sohc
10-19-2010, 12:06 AM
$60 for a f'ing pan gasket ? :wow1:

I hate RTV with a passion and have stated so many times but damn... I could buy 12 tubes of goop and each one would probably last 3 complete transmission overhauls for one gasket.

black86glhs
10-19-2010, 12:54 AM

I hate RTV with a passion and have stated so many times but damn... I could buy 12 tubes of goop and each one would probably last 3 complete transmission overhauls for one gasket.

Dude, GM has been using these things for years and they are worth it. Especially how well 413's eat trans fluid....LOL. Relax Simon, it was a joke.:eyebrows:

RoadWarrior222
10-19-2010, 07:04 AM
Yo Simon, they've got a power steering cooler cheap in the garage sale section there...
http://www.transmissionpartsusa.com/Transmission_coolers_s/14723.htm

/threadjack

Bah, their bushing kits are OOS.

turbovanmanČ
10-19-2010, 01:18 PM

RTV, what a pain, ack. I would rather spend $60. I've had my pan off like 30 times, so RTV, ack, what a pain, :p I love trying to seal the pan with fluid constantly dripping off the trans, its damn near impossible, :o

Dude, GM has been using these things for years and they are worth it. Especially how well 413's eat trans fluid....LOL. Relax Simon, it was a joke.:eyebrows:

See above, lol.

Yo Simon, they've got a power steering cooler cheap in the garage sale section there...
http://www.transmissionpartsusa.com/Transmission_coolers_s/14723.htm

/threadjack

Bah, their bushing kits are OOS.

Fixed it, I updated my thread on that, :nod: