PDA

View Full Version : Engine: 85 T-1 Factory Pistons

amcpacer
10-02-2010, 05:57 PM
I am looking for a set of factory mahle pistons that fit an 85 T-1 engine (G-Head 2.2). Must be for original bore size since the engine is not bored out.

I made a terrible mistake when I let my gas tank get very low and took a fast turn under high boost and suddenly I have blow by. Oh well it has been about 8 years since I last cracked a piston.

Let me know ASAP since this is my daily driver.

4 l-bodies
10-02-2010, 10:59 PM
I have a couple with rings and pin from 40k mile car. Sorry only two. LMK if you need them. They are either B or C size. $20 each plus the ride.
Todd

amcpacer
10-03-2010, 11:42 AM
I am definitely interested in both pistons. I probably only need one since it has low compression in one cylinder. I am not sure about the B or C. I have not taken the engine apart yet. Is it okay to use any letter size or are they very specific?

4 l-bodies
10-03-2010, 12:28 PM
I am definitely interested in both pistons. I probably only need one since it has low compression in one cylinder. I am not sure about the B or C. I have not taken the engine apart yet. Is it okay to use any letter size or are they very specific?
My understanding is each letter represented about .00025 size difference, so no they will work fine. Most are b or c sizes, a and d being the extreme, IIRC, E size was only sold through DC/MP. Largest to smallest represented about .001 in production motors.
Todd

amcpacer
10-03-2010, 06:23 PM
OK then I will definitely get both pistons from you. PM me total price and I will paypal right away.

amcpacer
10-14-2010, 10:45 PM
Both of the pistons arrived totally clean and in awesome condition!!! Thank you!!!

4 l-bodies
10-14-2010, 11:28 PM
Both of the pistons arrived totally clean and in awesome condition!!! Thank you!!!
Thought you would like them. Thanks for the biz and the easy transaction.
Todd