PDA

View Full Version : Turbos/Intercoolers: wanted: Super60 with .63 chrysler housing

TonaKid62
10-02-2010, 05:55 PM
im looking for a super 60 turbo with a .63 chrysler housing. it will be going on my slightly modded TII daytona. if anyone has one or has a better suggestion as for a good turbo that will get me in the 300hp range let me know. thanks. oh and im looking for something that will be as bolt on as possible.

trannybuster
10-02-2010, 09:11 PM
Older style s60 are nearly impossible to find parts for, I wouldnt buy another used one, I just went through the ordeal.

Turboomni
10-02-2010, 10:39 PM
Older style s60 are nearly impossible to find parts for, I wouldnt buy another used one, I just went through the ordeal.

Could you explain this further? I have a Turbonetics super 60. Will it be a problem to rebuild it when the time comes?

BadAssPerformance
10-03-2010, 09:18 AM
im looking for a super 60 turbo with a .63 chrysler housing. it will be going on my slightly modded TII daytona. if anyone has one or has a better suggestion as for a good turbo that will get me in the 300hp range let me know. thanks. oh and im looking for something that will be as bolt on as possible.

Super 60 is a damn good turbo for a "Stage 1" type upgrade and with balanced powerband. Also it is a direct bolt on to a TII Daytona as well.

What other mods do you have done? What are your goals with the car other than 300hp?

I have a Turbonetics super 60. Will it be a problem to rebuild it when the time comes?

The kits are still available and our vendors rebuild them all the time.

trannybuster
10-03-2010, 03:42 PM
^^Yeah funny everyone says that but when I sent mine to Turbosunleashed to be fixed they said the parts were nla from Turbonetics as they didnt make the wheels anymore and IF I wanted to fix it the cost would be the same as buying a new T3/T4 plus the exhaust manny....always easy to say something, sligtlhy harder to do it.

BadAssPerformance
10-03-2010, 06:43 PM
Standard rebuild = bearings and seals. Wheels and housings are another story.

TonaKid62
10-05-2010, 06:11 PM
ok, well right now all i have is "plans" as im currently in the Army. but as for right now it will probably be a very slightly ported head, forged pistons and rods, and a stage 3 ecu from fwdp. plus any supporting mods necessary. but like i said, im not really able to do anything right now, its just my dad fixing the things he can back home.

BadAssPerformance
10-05-2010, 08:22 PM
Plans are good! And THANK YOU for your service to our country Kid! :clap:

Chris W
10-06-2010, 03:20 PM
^^Yeah funny everyone says that but when I sent mine to Turbosunleashed to be fixed they said the parts were nla from Turbonetics as they didnt make the wheels anymore and IF I wanted to fix it the cost would be the same as buying a new T3/T4 plus the exhaust manny....always easy to say something, sligtlhy harder to do it.

Turbonetics has changed the design of their products a few times and in many cases the parts cannot be interchanged. They started by going to a large diameter turbine shaft, associated bearing housing and compressor wheels. Then they switched to their "F1" turbine wheel design meant to compete with Garrett's GT Series style turbine wheels. This also meant that new Turbonetics turbine housings would be machined for the F1 wheels only, not the standard early Stage 1 through 5 sizes. The cost of a replacement F1 turbine wheel is unacceptable for most. We do keep all the standard turbine wheels in stock just in case. If the internals are intact and all you need is a rebuild, we can definitely help you. If you damage your small shaft Super 60 compressor wheel you will most likely not find a replacement. Fortunately, we have several other compressor wheels which will get you back on the road.

Chris-TU

trannybuster
10-07-2010, 11:23 PM
Turbonetics has changed the design of their products a few times and in many cases the parts cannot be interchanged. They started by going to a large diameter turbine shaft, associated bearing housing and compressor wheels. Then they switched to their "F1" turbine wheel design meant to compete with Garrett's GT Series style turbine wheels. This also meant that new Turbonetics turbine housings would be machined for the F1 wheels only, not the standard early Stage 1 through 5 sizes. The cost of a replacement F1 turbine wheel is unacceptable for most. We do keep all the standard turbine wheels in stock just in case. If the internals are intact and all you need is a rebuild, we can definitely help you. If you damage your small shaft Super 60 compressor wheel you will most likely not find a replacement. Fortunately, we have several other compressor wheels which will get you back on the road.

Chris-TU

My comment was by no means((if it read like that)) a attach on yourself Chris, I just tired of hearing everyone contradict me when I say 'its hard to get parts for the older turbos' when it is, well a few anyhow! People need to be aware of the availibilty of not just seals, but the hard parts because they wont be happy when that time comes and everyone says 'you can gets parts no problem' and they cant.

J&H Ryan
10-22-2010, 11:11 PM
I haven't read the whole thread, but I have a turbonetics Super 60 I got from Chris a couple years ago (must be the latest style). Has a couple hundred miles. $700 shipped.