PDA

View Full Version : General: csx drivers door

SwinginACR
10-01-2010, 10:10 AM
Lookin to buy an 89' CSX drivers door. Do not need panel or any other piece other than just a working window with decent-->good---->great belt molding so I will no longer have to two hand the window every day when I drive on to base. I dont even car if the weather strip on the outside of the window is toast! Just dont want to end up with a door off another shadow that dosnt match the car in any way. Anyone that can help would be greatly appreciated

Chris.

And yes, I know these cars are very rare:eyebrows:

86Shelby
10-01-2010, 10:22 AM
Anything concerning a window, or the window regulator is the same part that would be on a 2 door Shadow of the same year. If the window has trouble going up and down, there are repair parts available at most parts stores. Just tryin to save you a few bucks and not risk having a mismatched door.

SwinginACR
10-01-2010, 04:46 PM
Anything concerning a window, or the window regulator is the same part that would be on a 2 door Shadow of the same year. If the window has trouble going up and down, there are repair parts available at most parts stores. Just tryin to save you a few bucks and not risk having a mismatched door.

Door needs a little more than just that:( Its a product of locking your keys in the car in the middle of no where. The top was bent out so far that it totally ruined the door. If I ever want to not get rained on again the door will need to be replaced. Ive gone through the trouble of hitting the local pick and pull and getting good belt moldings, but since the door is now kinked there is no need to try and make this door any more than it is.

DC Turismo
10-01-2010, 06:03 PM
I have a red 88/89 Shadow ES door... would need the holes drilled for that lower door GFX piece to be screwed on. Rust free though. Email me and let me know if interested and I'll grab pics - lofinkw@hotmail.com

rich tideswell
10-06-2010, 09:45 AM
Door needs a little more than just that:( Its a product of locking your keys in the car in the middle of no where. The top was bent out so far that it totally ruined the door. If I ever want to not get rained on again the door will need to be replaced. Ive gone through the trouble of hitting the local pick and pull and getting good belt moldings, but since the door is now kinked there is no need to try and make this door any more than it is.

when you replace the door, be sure to sut out the decals on the jams of the orginal so you can get them repopped, just a little thought.

SwinginACR
10-06-2010, 05:02 PM
when you replace the door, be sure to sut out the decals on the jams of the orginal so you can get them repopped, just a little thought.

Indeed, I also happen to have an entire set of NOS decals in case the car ever looked worthy of them.