PDA

View Full Version : Shelby Omni Decal Dimensions

kleiner
09-27-2010, 01:06 AM
Would anybody be able to tell me the size of the decals on a omni. Repainting mine and well I took pics of them before I stripped them off, but without a ruler . I was planning on getting them from someone, like Positive Impressions. He tells me that he does not have all of them, only some and it will be ahwile before he makes some more. A friend in the family has a decal shop so if I can get the dimensions he can make me a set.
I would really appreciate the help.
Cheers
Kleiner

4 l-bodies
09-27-2010, 12:06 PM
Kleiner,
If I were you I would try to exhaust all options before having someone start from scratch again. It is my understanding that the font used is somewhat unique. I have seen some really bad examples of reproduced ones. That is a easy way to make a fresh paint or restoration look "bad" or at the least "not right".
Phoenix graphics should have these as well as Positive Impressions. I have not personally seen the GLHS decals from Phoenix graphics, but have installed decals from them on several other vehicles. The quality seemed very good.
Check with David Lucidi AKA Laserxt1986 (he is a vendor on this forum) and Kurt AKA Devlish. They both are in the graphics industry and have reproduced decals for Turbo Dodges in the past. In fact at one time, David Lucidi used to supply David Salamon From Positive Impressions with his product.
I personally would go without decals on the car until you can find ones that are a near perfect reproduction. FYI, there are some people that remove the decals on cars for that stealth look. In fact Carroll Shelby's own personal GLHS #001 has had the decals removed.
Todd Nelson

kleiner
09-30-2010, 01:23 AM
Ok,
Thanks for the contacts and Info Todd
I will give them a go

kleiner
10-09-2010, 02:53 PM
I tried to contact to contact both of them. Devlish got back to me and said he does not have a kit for the shelby. Does anybody else have any contacts?
Thanks

4 l-bodies
10-09-2010, 11:51 PM
I tried to contact to contact both of them. Devlish got back to me and said he does not have a kit for the shelby. Does anybody else have any contacts?
Thanks
Did you try Phoenix graphix? Phone is 800-941-4550. They claim: Remember: "Any Decal, Any Car, Any Year!"
Didn't see it listed in catalog but they do have GLHT and Shelby charger decals. BTW- what's the deal with Positive Impressions? What was David's reason for not having them? Temporarily out of stock or ?...
Todd

kleiner
10-11-2010, 02:22 PM
Thanks
and yep temporarily out of stock. It sounded like he wasn't sure when he would get them. Said in the last few years a bunch of people painted them, and now there is not too many people interested.
He did have some decals, but was missing a bunch as well.
I will try Phoenix

javedjee79
10-23-2010, 01:18 PM
Thanks! This is something I've really missed and was very happy to find. :)

4 l-bodies
10-24-2010, 04:13 PM
I was doing a bit of house cleaning and ran into a Phoenix Graphix catalog. They do have a listing for the 86 GLHS. Part # is listed as 8687GLHS At the time of catalog printing it was $99. The 84-86 GLH is # 8486GLH $79. Catalog is no more than a couple years old. Their phone # once again is 1-800-941-4550.
Edit: Catalog is dated 2010 so it is current
Todd

kleiner
10-28-2010, 01:15 PM
4 L-bodies
Thanks for the help,
I just called them, Here is how the conversation went.
"Hello Phoenix Graphics"
Hi I was looking for some decals for an 86 shelby omni?
"Nope sorry don't have any"
Oh, well I have a guy here that gave me a part number....
"Nope sorry don't have them."
Ok, um do you have an idea when you might get somemore?
"No"
Ok, any idea where I can get some?
"No"
Thanks for the help.
"Click"

So I guess these are a little harder to find than I thought. If anybody has any clue, it would be much appreciated
PS
Painting this weekend,,, yeehaaa

4 l-bodies
10-28-2010, 02:23 PM
Wow that is surprising! Seeing how they had them in the past, maybe they got their hand slapped for not going through the proper channels when reproducing them. I know David at PI donates to Shelby Heart fund. Here is a pic on the catalog, just so you know I wasn't yanking your chain. They also have Rampage and Shelby Dakota supposedly too.
Todd

4 L-bodies
Thanks for the help,
I just called them, Here is how the conversation went.
"Hello Phoenix Graphics"
Hi I was looking for some decals for an 86 shelby omni?
"Nope sorry don't have any"
Oh, well I have a guy here that gave me a part number....
"Nope sorry don't have them."
Ok, um do you have an idea when you might get somemore?
"No"
Ok, any idea where I can get some?
"No"
Thanks for the help.
"Click"

So I guess these are a little harder to find than I thought. If anybody has any clue, it would be much appreciated
PS
Painting this weekend,,, yeehaaa

Marcus86GLHS
10-28-2010, 06:49 PM
ouch. no reliable sources for GLHS decals? talk about one more piece of evidence that we are all the bastard stepchild of Mopar.

P.I. has been out of stock on these for well over a year, maybe going on 2 years? I wonder why Dave is so tight on carrying inventory?

4 l-bodies
10-28-2010, 07:37 PM
Opportunity is knocking you vendor & graphic sign guys! I think we should all email Phoenix Graphix looking for 86 GLHS & GLHT decals.:lol:
Todd

ajakeski
10-28-2010, 09:37 PM
I'm going to need a set for the '87 GLHS. I guess I better start looking now.

cordes
10-28-2010, 10:21 PM
Opportunity is knocking you vendor & graphic sign guys! I think we should all email Phoenix Graphix looking for 86 GLHS & GLHT decals.:lol:
Todd

I may have The Australian call tomorrow if I don't sub. Jimmy Johnson will get to the bottom of this for sure.

ETA: What city and state are they out of. Is there any unusual or unique fact about their company that anyone knows? How long have they been in business?

kleiner
11-01-2010, 11:18 PM
Wow just checked today, thanks for the input everybody. I do have a friend over here who dies pinstriping and putting decals on cars as a living. He told me he would be able to get them made, but I was a little hesitant since someone on here told me to be wary of decals that were not approved. I may need to go this route anyway. I will be seeing him this weekend, so I will ask.

The paint job is done :lol:
My wife is so happy:p , so am I.
Holly moly painting a car is wayyyyyy more work than anybody would know unless you have done it. :yuck:
It turned out pretty good. Not bad for a garage paint job anyway. The colour is the same. Glossy black
Will post up some pics when I get back to the garage. I tried right after I finished but the air was still misty and they did not turnout.

1BADVAN
11-05-2010, 10:17 AM
maybe if you hit up positive impressions with a group buy idea he might get some in knowing he can sell a few sets?? Just an idea

kleiner
11-05-2010, 11:09 PM
Got an e-mail a couple of days ago from Laserxt about decals.
-In short he has some, to sell me.
-He is giving me a great deal because I had to wait so long.
-The products are top quality. Says if I am not happy, full refund and he pays shipping.
-Through the conversations I have had, he seems like a top notch guy.
I 'll keep people posted on what happens, but so far so good.

kleiner
03-22-2011, 04:51 PM
So far nothing, I keep e-mailing him, but I get no replies.
Anybody have a number for Laserxt?
Cheers
Shawn

4 l-bodies
03-22-2011, 06:24 PM
Shawn,
Almost seems unbelievable it's that hard to get decals for a 86 GLHS. Try contacting David via instant messaging.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/member.php?2027-LaserXT1986
Todd

kleiner
04-03-2011, 12:48 AM
Ok tried instant messaging too, so far nothing. I really need these decals.

ajakeski
04-05-2011, 08:56 PM
I would like to get my hands on the large GLHS and Shelby ones for my car.

kleiner
07-23-2011, 06:43 PM
Up date.
Got some decals from David Lucidi. Looks like great stuff. Yeeee haaaa.