PDA

View Full Version : ajustable fuel pressure regulator

shelbymonster
09-24-2010, 11:51 AM
i got a ajustable reg , bought that couple years ago and tried to instal it on my 2 piece fuel rail , the problem is that it doest sit far enough , adding a O ring in the rail ??

Chris W
09-24-2010, 12:00 PM
i got a ajustable reg , bought that couple years ago and tried to instal it on my 2 piece fuel rail , the problem is that it doest sit far enough , adding a O ring in the rail ??

Should look like this when installed.

Chris-TU

shelbymonster
09-24-2010, 12:05 PM
i dont have washers and still doesnt sit in the bottom of the cup

cordes
09-24-2010, 12:23 PM
What type of regulator?

shelbymonster
09-24-2010, 12:27 PM
no name on it , but very similar at the accufab one

turbovanmanČ
09-24-2010, 01:21 PM
Post up a pic of it and then installed on the fuel rail.

shelbymonster
09-24-2010, 01:24 PM
i will , but cant get there before tomorrow , i was mad when i saw that , a can see the little plastic piece over the o-ring ...

shelbymonster
09-26-2010, 08:47 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/2ivenud.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/bhipz7.jpg

i beleave its not a 2.2-2.5 regulator, its missing a 1/4 inch to reach the bottom of the cup

shelbymonster
10-01-2010, 08:48 AM
anyone knows that regulator ?? ive tried to put 2 o-ring in the cup and bolt the reg there , i wish it wont leak ... (brand new paint under the hood ...)

22shelby
10-01-2010, 09:39 AM
looks nothing like a accufab.... looks like a modified stocker to me...it looks like its in pretty far to me.... i fought a fuel rail "afpr demon for a while too, just to find a very small nick in the cup that wou cut the o-ring, well after fixing that, i soon learned the where the cup meets the rail there was a failure there also, so went and got me a different rail...

i have a 1 piece but im sure the same applys in this manner...

throw yout old fpr back on and see if it leaks....if that does, you have other issues than just a o-ring prob...

shelbymonster
10-01-2010, 12:11 PM
its not a stocker for sure , its made in alluminum , the rail itself is in great shape , i removed the stock fpr and no fitting problem , i guess i maybe have a vw aftermarquet fpr or maybe a gn one ?

contraption22
10-01-2010, 12:55 PM
its not a stocker for sure , its made in alluminum , the rail itself is in great shape , i removed the stock fpr and no fitting problem , i guess i maybe have a vw aftermarquet fpr or maybe a gn one ?

I had one like that. It is a modified stocker.

The vac side of the OE regualtor is cut open, than an aluminum cup is slid over it. Your cup looks like it is held on with set screws, which may be ok.

On mine, the aluminum cup was held onto the regulator with screws that were driven through the crimped flange of the regulator. BAD idea.

The diaphragm on mine eventually ruptured while I was driving one night, unbeknownst to me and a puddle of fuel formed on my intake manifold, eventually spilling onto the exhaust manifold, and as you would expect, it caught fire.

Luckily i noticed the flames as I was pulling into my driveway, and had an extinguisher in my car, and lost only an injector harness.

shelbymonster
10-01-2010, 03:52 PM
thanks guys , more i look at it and it makes sense , can i get away with it or maybe rebuilt mine with my 87 reg and maybe seal the housing ?