PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 87 Shelby Z hardtop

turbot11
09-17-2010, 08:12 AM
I have for sale a hardtop charcoal 1987 Daytona Shelby Z T2/A-555 car in North Carolina. I know I dont have many posts here, I usually post on Turbododge. I have a good feedback rating there that can be viewed, my username is the same on both sites

I picked this up earlier in the year and was going to use it for a daily driver, but I have too many projects and picked up another car so I need to sell this one. This is a rock solid, rot free car (as can be seen in the pics) that runs very well. It's the charcoal gray color that as far as I know was only used in 87, and even then just on high line Daytona's. When I bought it the interior was a mess, I took out the seats and carpet and cleaned it all up. The floors are just as solid on top as they are underneath.

The good

T2/A-555 runs strong, shifts good
Rock solid, not a rotbox, pans and rockers in great shape
8-way power enthuseist seats THAT WORK!
Complete gray cloth interior/ charcoal gray exterior
New(er) turbo I swapped the compressor housing from the blown turbo to a good T1 I got off the forums
2.25 Exhaust all the way back
2 good kum-ho ecsta ast 225-50-15 on back
New headgasket, replaced when head was pulled to swap turbo
Aftermarket blow off valve
6.5" Crab wheels
Replaced cylinder head with one that was planed (.020") Cleaned and had a 3 angle valve job
new axles installed at same time as head with new composite gasket and bolts

The bad:

Needs a real exhaust, I cobbled up a system out of pieces I had lying around and a glasspack.
Drivers Enthuseist is ripped on the seatback in a couple locations will need to be re-upholstered along with rear seat
rear wiper arm grommet missing (Mopar P/N 5027551AA), previous owner sealed off with some goop
Needs front tires, has Goodyear (melt down 365 used condoms and call it a good year) eagle-something dry rotted 205-50-15's on the front
Needs hinge pin bushing on the drivers door
passenger door needs window scraper
No intake airbox
radio circuit needs to be looked at, I put a radio in and it worked for 10 seconds, maybe just a junk radio
Shifter lock-out broken
Clear coat peeling on hood and roof

All in all I like this car and would like to keep it, but a 2.4 hybrid GLH is a more pressing project right now. At the moment its just about complete but the console is out along with the associated trim while I decide what to do with the shifter. As I am "retired" right now I can assist with delivery within about 400-500 miles of Charlotte N.C. Started it when I took the pics, fires right up and drives. Thanks for looking, feel free to call with any questions you may have 704/460/8128
Thanks, Chris

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p19/turbot11/Daytona%20Z/DSC04604.jpg

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p19/turbot11/Daytona%20Z/DSC04593.jpg

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p19/turbot11/Daytona%20Z/DSC04600.jpg

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p19/turbot11/Daytona%20Z/DSC04612.jpg

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p19/turbot11/Daytona%20Z/DSC04618.jpg

Force Fed Mopar
09-17-2010, 10:11 AM
Price?

turbot11
09-27-2010, 12:25 PM
I guess I'm a noob here and THOUGHT I listed the price, sorry. LOL I'm asking $2000.00 obo for it I have recently thrown new axles in it. I had one of my spare heads cleaned, planed (.020"), and given a 3 angle valve job. That was just put on at the same time as the axles, of course with a new gasket (composite) and bolts. I put an AC compressor and lines on it from my other Daytona that was lying in a box. Still have to put in under vacuum and charge it when Iget back into town. Sorry to take so long to respond, I'm used to recieving emails from the other site when someone responds to one of my threads, lol

blk86trbo
09-27-2010, 12:41 PM
Nice looking car Chris, good luck with the sale!

turbot11
09-27-2010, 01:15 PM
Thanks! Love that pic you have of the 3 blue Daytona's, sweet!

turbot11
10-15-2010, 06:36 PM
Bump, put new front wheel bearings in and u-joint in the intermediate shaft. car still available in NC

turbot11
02-27-2011, 10:50 PM
BUMP!

I've done a few things to the car and resolved some of it's issues, it's new status is:

The good:

CYLINDER HEAD PLANED (.021") WITH A 3-ANGLE VALVE JOB ON IT. AND OF COURSE NEW COMPOSITE GASKET AND BOLTS
NEW AXLES
NEW WHEEL BEARINGS FRONT AND BACK
NEW U-JOINT IN THE I-SHAFT
SHORT THROW SHIFTER OUT OF AN 89 DAYTONA
NEW FUEL FILTER
NEW(ER) HEADLAMP MODULE-RESOLDERED
NEW CLUTCH CABLE
NEW WATER PUMP, SYSTEM CLEANED AND FLUSHED

New(er) turbo I swapped the compressor housing from the blown turbo to a good T1 I got off the forums
8-way power enthuseist seats
Complete gray cloth interior/charcoal gray exterior
6.5" Crab wheels
Has aftermarket ELECTRIC oil pressure and water temp gauges installed
Has a decent clutch
Installed a parallel cooling fan circuit, driver can actuate fan at any time in addition to computer control
JOE-P manual boost controller mounted on the console just forward of drivers seat

The bad:

Needs a ball joint, I haven't replaced it yet
Motor mount isolators could stand to be replaced
Needs a real exhaust, I cobbled up a system out of pieces I had lying around and a glasspack.
Drivers Enthusiest is ripped on the seatback in a couple locations will need to be re-upholstered along with rear seat
rear wiper arm grommet missing (Mopar P/N 5027551AA), previous owner sealed off with some goop
Needs front tires, has Goodyear (melt down 365 used condoms and call it a good year) eagle-something dry rotted 205-50-15's on the front
No intake airbox
rear wiper doesn't work, haven't looked into it yet
Motor wasn't well taken care of by a previous owner, some clown at one point had T1 injectors in it. As such the tops of the pistons are a little chewed. Previous owner wasn't too fond of oil changes either, it started making noise so I threw 4 rod bearings in it to be safe.
Power locks make sound, but do not function
4-way Power mirrors only work 3 of the 4 ways
Passenger door doesn't open from outside
Window motors are a bit slow

Also have reduced price, now asking $1350
Thanks for looking,
Chris

carman
11-12-2013, 09:12 PM
I am new to this site and just seeing this post. I have looked for one for these for YEARS. I am hoping you still have the car. I tried texting the number listed on here and the person had no idea what I was talking about......... Am hoping you still have the car.
BUMP!

I've done a few things to the car and resolved some of it's issues, it's new status is:

The good:

CYLINDER HEAD PLANED (.021") WITH A 3-ANGLE VALVE JOB ON IT. AND OF COURSE NEW COMPOSITE GASKET AND BOLTS
NEW AXLES
NEW WHEEL BEARINGS FRONT AND BACK
NEW U-JOINT IN THE I-SHAFT
SHORT THROW SHIFTER OUT OF AN 89 DAYTONA
NEW FUEL FILTER
NEW(ER) HEADLAMP MODULE-RESOLDERED
NEW CLUTCH CABLE
NEW WATER PUMP, SYSTEM CLEANED AND FLUSHED

8-way power enthuseist seats
Complete gray cloth interior/charcoal gray exterior
6.5" Crab wheels
Has aftermarket ELECTRIC oil pressure and water temp gauges installed
Has a decent clutch
Installed a parallel cooling fan circuit, driver can actuate fan at any time in addition to computer control
JOE-P manual boost controller mounted on the console just forward of drivers seat

The bad:

Needs a ball joint, I haven't replaced it yet
Motor mount isolators could stand to be replaced
Drivers Enthusiest is ripped on the seatback in a couple locations will need to be re-upholstered along with rear seat
No intake airbox
rear wiper doesn't work, haven't looked into it yet
Motor wasn't well taken care of by a previous owner, some clown at one point had T1 injectors in it. As such the tops of the pistons are a little chewed. Previous owner wasn't too fond of oil changes either, it started making noise so I threw 4 rod bearings in it to be safe.
Power locks make sound, but do not function
4-way Power mirrors only work 3 of the 4 ways
Passenger door doesn't open from outside
Window motors are a bit slow

Also have reduced price, now asking $1350
Thanks for looking,
Chris

turbot11
11-13-2013, 10:06 AM
I'm sorry man, I moved to NY 2 years ago and brought the car with me. Didn't realize I still had the for sale post, I'm sorry but I sold it last winter :(

carman
11-14-2013, 09:30 PM
Oh man thats sucks!!! I am sure someone is ny jumped at a rust free car like that.
i'm sorry man, i moved to ny 2 years ago and brought the car with me. Didn't realize i still had the for sale post, i'm sorry but i sold it last winter :(

GLHNSLHT2
11-15-2013, 12:55 AM
I like that color. That was a factory color??? I don't think I've ever seen one that color

blk86trbo
11-15-2013, 10:29 AM
I like that color. That was a factory color??? I don't think I've ever seen one that color

Yes it was a option (pretty sure it's called "gunmetal"?), offered only in 1987. Here's a photo of a Daytona that I recently sold to a close friend that's still wearing it's factory original paint.

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee39/blk86trbo/1987%20Shelby%20Z/Aug302010030.jpg

GLHNSLHT2
11-15-2013, 09:17 PM
wow, that's nice, hows the underside look? good as the top? is it two tone or is that just the way the lighting makes it look? If your friend wants to sell it and it still is in that good of shape tell him to PM me. I like that better than my white ShelbyZ's.

moparzrule
11-17-2013, 08:55 AM
My 87 daytona Pacifica was the same color :)

blk86trbo
11-17-2013, 10:21 AM
wow, that's nice, hows the underside look? good as the top? is it two tone or is that just the way the lighting makes it look? If your friend wants to sell it and it still is in that good of shape tell him to PM me. I like that better than my white ShelbyZ's.

I just uploaded a bunch of pictures in an old thread if ya wanna check it out more

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?44530-Shelby-Z-pics

I'll let my buddy know you're interested :thumb: