PDA

View Full Version : What would be my best benefit? (Carbeurator Question)

DC Turismo
06-21-2006, 12:50 PM
To begin, we are having to swap the spare 2.2 N/A motor into the Turismo next week once I return home from school since, on Friday, the #2 piston ultimately developed some type of hole or warp of some sort causing air to get into the block, hence smoke coming out of the dipstick, oil cap, and out the exhaust like you would not imagine.

With this quick swap just to get the car back on the road for the summer, I am debating about whether to swap the stock Holley carb. it has been running onto this other engine, OR take the new Weber carb (still in original box) that was originally going to be used for my Supercharger kit and install it instead. I am thinking it would be best to go with the Weber, although I am not sure of what benefits I would gain. I just figure a new carb would be far more beneficial than the previous one that has been run for thousands of miles.

What way would you folks lean towards? I would simply have to fab up some linkage (probably with electric zip ties lol...) for this carb. to work. We are friends with a carb. specialtist who has worked on everything from 2.2 Holley carbs to four barrel carbs and six pack setups who would help to assure everything is tuned and critiqued jsut right.

I look forward to any input, thanks!

mpgmike
06-21-2006, 08:28 PM
You know how the Holley runs, try the Weber. If you don't like it for any reason, it shouldn't be that tough to swap back to the Holley. I acquired a set of motorcycle carbs I want to modify a TBI intake (cut it off about 2" from the head) and mate it to my '84 Charger. Get creative and see what you can do.

Mike