PDA

View Full Version : Wideband showing rich

GLHS144
09-14-2010, 05:23 PM
installed a new lc-1 wide band my a/f ratio is showing 9ish at idle and 10.3 at wot @12psi. 5 years ago the car and cal was tuned @ 19 psi with the dyno wideband showing 11.2. i do not want to turn the bost up yet as i just put the car back on the road after 5 years. have not changed nothing on the car as far as set-up. seams rich to me but plugs still look clean and does not smoke. is this normal?

cordes
09-14-2010, 06:25 PM
How old is your O2 sensor? Does your WB require any calibration?

turbovanmanČ
09-14-2010, 06:54 PM
What were you using for AF monitoring before?

Did you follow the calibration instructions to the letter?

GLHS144
09-14-2010, 07:19 PM
Did you follow the calibration instructions to the letter?

Funny u say that after i posted this i thought this is almost imposible went out dug around some more found i had the narrow band wire hooked up.:banghead::banghead: changed it now it shows 14.5ish idle and 11.2 wot thanks for the replies sometimes i cant hepl being a morron:D

cordes
09-14-2010, 07:25 PM
Funny u say that after i posted this i thought this is almost imposible went out dug around some more found i had the narrow band wire hooked up.:banghead::banghead: changed it now it shows 14.5ish idle and 11.2 wot thanks for the replies sometimes i cant hepl being a morron:D

Glad you figured it out. Sometimes it is the really simple stuff that slips by you.

GLHNSLHT2
09-14-2010, 07:25 PM
:lol: The yellow wire (NB output) goes to your ECU :) Brown wire runs the analog (non XD16) gauges.

turbovanmanČ
09-14-2010, 07:36 PM

Glad you fixed it and questioned it before you started leaning it out? :wow1:

GLHS144
09-14-2010, 08:09 PM
yea after getting my car back after 5 years last thing i want to do is kill it

bholland
09-16-2010, 09:49 PM
I am currently having a similar problem.

I have a stage 5 cal from FWD Performance, an AFRP on my fuel rail and a 255lb/hr fuel pump and an Innovate LC1 wideband O2 sensor. I have been using Logworks and the AFPR to get my WOT AFR at 11.8 or so. I also have an adjustable boost controller that is currently set to about 16.5 psi. When my car is at idle my afr shows about 11.5 and sometimes 10.0 and I can feel fuel coming out my tail pipe, sometimes it smokes. My car seems to be running extremely rich at idle. Should my cal be doing this? I assume I have the FP up to high, but if I lower the FP I don't seem to be getting the 11.8 AFR that I want at WOT. It actually goes above 12, which is not where I want to be. Any ideas on what might be wrong? Or how I can fix this?

Here is an image that shows my logworks data.
The data is from top to bottom:
Time, AFR, TPS, Coolant Temp, Oil Press (not working), FP (Fuel Pressure), RPM, CHT (Charge Air Temp), IDC (Injector duty Cycle), Boost, Acceleration

The first set of numbers on the left is where I floor it. The middle numbers are where the boost spikes and the right numbers are just before I get off the throttle. This run was made in 3rd gear. Hard to find a road that will let me do it in 4th :).
You can see that the FP rises as the boost does. This seems normal to me. But the question is is this pressure too high?

turbovanmanČ
09-17-2010, 02:30 AM
I am assuming purple is FP.

If so, that is right, the reg is 1:1, so one pound of boost raises the fuel pressure one psi, with the base set at 55 psi.

Contact FWD, sounds like your cal needs tweaking.

GLHNSLHT2
09-17-2010, 10:07 PM
nice log works setup. what are you using to log all that?

x.Gen
09-17-2010, 11:00 PM
10.0 is way too rich at idle; you might see that briefly on cold start-up, but you shouldn't otherwise.

get the cal tweaked, don't keep running it with the pressure up like that. keeping it too rich at idle is going to wash your cylinders with fuel. not what you want.