PDA

View Full Version : Alternator ?

Lee'sdaytona
06-20-2006, 10:47 PM
Hey everyone,
I have my 89 caravan (2.5 turbo) that I just bought with a different looking alternator from my 87 daytona (2.2 turbo). Brackets look similar, belt tensioners are different. My daytona has a fairly new BOSCH alternator ($200) and I want to swap it to my mini. Is this ok? Anyone know if it is the same amperage output and all? The harness is the same
-Lee

turbovanmanČ
06-21-2006, 12:48 AM
You should be able to just bolt up the unit. If the alt in your Mini is very small looking, leave it alone, this is the Nippodenso unit and its the best alternator out there. PUtting the Bosch in is like going from sticky tires to bald tires, :lol:

Lee'sdaytona
06-21-2006, 10:52 AM
Just went out and checked...the smaller alternator says Denso on it, no Nippo...lol....is that it? better off with the bosch?
thanks,
Lee

turbovanmanČ
06-21-2006, 01:21 PM
Just went out and checked...the smaller alternator says Denso on it, no Nippo...lol....is that it? better off with the bosch?
thanks,
Lee

NippoDenso, :thumb: , so yes, its the same one. Leave it in there.

tryingbe
06-21-2006, 03:53 PM
Bosch sucks, rebuilds one are worst.

Lee'sdaytona
06-21-2006, 04:53 PM
NippoDenso, :thumb: , so yes, its the same one. Leave it in there.
Wow, I'm glad I asked. I figured Bosch was the best, the rebuilds suck, (3 of them in 3 months), but a brand new bosch for $200 I figured should be a good alt. It still runs, but I'll put it on the shelf for if and when the Denso dies:thumb:
-Lee

zshadow
06-22-2006, 10:40 AM
Wow, I'm glad I asked. I figured Bosch was the best, the rebuilds suck, (3 of them in 3 months), but a brand new bosch for $200 I figured should be a good alt. It still runs, but I'll put it on the shelf for if and when the Denso dies:thumb:
-Lee

good idea, i had a bosch rebuilt and it went within a month... then picked up the denso and its been running superb ever since. PLUS! the denso offered the 80 amp instead of the standard 60, which in my case... running two 15's at 1800watts is nessicary! :)

Lee'sdaytona
06-22-2006, 05:21 PM
which in my case... running two 15's at 1800watts is nessicary! :)
haha, awesome, we're both Denso people now:nod: , Maybe in the fall, I'll pull it and powder coat the case at school.....:eyebrows:
-Lee