PDA

View Full Version : Super60 Harness - Knock Sensor Wiring

Skibbe
09-06-2010, 05:32 PM
I was working on relooming my injector harness today, and noticed that my knock sensor wiring doesn't appear to be hooked up through the injector harness connector...

http://cgwrr.com/Mopar/86SCblue_files/S60-Injector-Harness-Notes.jpg

The main harness is a Mopar Super 60 harness. The single wire going into the two pin plug is green/black, as if it's the knock sensor wire. But, it is pinned wrong, and connects to the charge-air-temp sensor on my injector harness. This CAT plug actually doesn't even get plugged in on my car since the S60 harness has the charge air pigtail off the main harness right behind the intake.

Before I do the obvious and switch the single wire to the other pin location on the two pin plug, I thought I'd check in here to see if anyone else has had to do this with their S60 harness.
Replace your old parts or the broken ones with the new ones for the prices you can find on an Autozone Specials (https://www.especials.co.za/autozone/) sale.

Thanks!

Keito
09-06-2010, 08:36 PM
I thought Super 60 didn't use o2 feedback, ignored the o2 sensor?

BadAssPerformance
09-06-2010, 09:31 PM
Did you check continuity thru the wire and see which terminal it went to? Talk to Tommy, he showed me that same plug when we took the harness out and put the FAST in.

Skibbe
09-06-2010, 10:37 PM
I thought Super 60 didn't use o2 feedback, ignored the o2 sensor?

That was random...

You're right that the full package didn't, but I'm not running a S60 computer. I'm just using the harness. But either way, I don't know what o2 has to do with the knock sensor? ;)

BadAssPerformance
09-06-2010, 10:39 PM
BTW... gonna get out to Grove with us b4 the end of the season? ;)

Skibbe
09-06-2010, 10:41 PM
Did you check continuity thru the wire and see which terminal it went to? Talk to Tommy, he showed me that same plug when we took the harness out and put the FAST in.

No, but sounds like something to check.

I got impatient and switched the terminals on the injector harness and pulled out the extra CAT wiring at the same time. So whatever that wire is is hooked up to the knock sensor now. I can always unplug if something goes wrong.

Who needs knock anyway? :confused2:

Almost back together, battery charging now, may try to start it tomorrow.

Skibbe
09-06-2010, 10:42 PM
BTW... gonna get out to Grove with us b4 the end of the season? ;)

Hope to! Kinda of embarrassed it's been sitting since last October. Finally got moving this weekend with the nice weather, garage is more comfortable.

Turboomni
09-07-2010, 12:31 AM
I installed a Super 60 wiring harness on my 86 Glhs in the mid 1990's and the the connector to the knock sensor was wrong. The two wires each reached a dead end and I corrected that.

Keito
09-07-2010, 08:43 AM
That was random...

You're right that the full package didn't, but I'm not running a S60 computer. I'm just using the harness. But either way, I don't know what o2 has to do with the knock sensor? ;)

Oops little too much Grey Goose yesterday.

contraption22
09-07-2010, 09:19 AM
My S60 harness was the same way. I am not sure if this was done on purpose, or it was an error in mfg, but all I did to correct it was to take the connector apart and switch pins.

I have run my S60 harness with several smecs, and once this was done, the SMEC did pick up knock volts, and when using a stock or custom cal, there was 02 feedback.

Skibbe
09-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Cool, thanks guys.

4 l-bodies
09-07-2010, 12:49 PM
Same here. Every S-60 harness I have seen or heard of was connected this way at the detonation sensor. I too changed the pin around on every one I have installed. IMO, one would have to be crazy not wanting a detonation sensor signal on a turbo car.
Todd

Turboomni
12-26-2010, 11:35 PM
Yes sir!

shelbymonster
12-27-2010, 10:32 AM
the s60 kit didnt use the knock sensor and o2 , so this is why they arent hooked