PDA

View Full Version : P0441

glhs875
09-06-2010, 06:30 AM
Anyone have any experience dealing with code p0441 on an '04 SRT 4? I've already replaced the gas cap and purge solenoid. Gonna start checking the vacum lines and charcoal canister.

CNH320
09-06-2010, 09:25 AM
Thats a purge flow monitor code. Check the vacuum line from the intake to the purge solenoid. It may also be the NVLD (Natural Vacuum Leak Detection) Device that is attached to the carbon canister but if its only the P0441 then my vote is a problem with the vacuum supply to the purge valve.

Shadowv4l
09-06-2010, 10:10 AM
check the diaphram in the purge solenoid by applying vacuum to it, it should be labled "vac" on one of the nipples. Its usually a cracked hose somewhere, i've seen mechanical and General evap failure codes caused by split hoses before, so before you replace anything i'd double check your connections

black86glhs
09-06-2010, 02:03 PM
check the diaphram in the purge solenoid by applying vacuum to it, it should be labled "vac" on one of the nipples. Its usually a cracked hose somewhere, i've seen mechanical and General evap failure codes caused by split hoses before, so before you replace anything i'd double check your connections

Very true. The larger evap leak code P0455 tends to be related to the vent solenoid.

glhs875
09-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Thanks guys. I'll check the vacum hoses first!

20w/ashelby
09-13-2010, 08:30 PM
Have you noticed a drop in fuel economy in relation with when the code first started happening? I've seen a few people have this code. With poor fuel economy. The theory is that the increased fuel consumption has triggered the NVLD monitor. I'm not sure it's possible and it's only a theory, but two people have claimed to replace an O2 sensor and the code went away.

glhs875
09-14-2010, 08:45 AM
Have you noticed a drop in fuel economy in relation with when the code first started happening? I've seen a few people have this code. With poor fuel economy. The theory is that the increased fuel consumption has triggered the NVLD monitor. I'm not sure it's possible and it's only a theory, but two people have claimed to replace an O2 sensor and the code went away.

It's my wifes car, and yes she did mention a fuel economy drop. I'll look into what you said. Thanks!