PDA

View Full Version : Can you fix LC1's?

turbovanmanČ
08-27-2010, 03:46 AM
I have an older Haltech/Innovate LC1 that fries the sensor and I bought a used LC1, which I just found out doesn't work, it gets hot but won't power up the heater on the sensor, running it thru an Xd16 gauge, then tried to talk to it with a computer and it can't find it, so its not powering up, :(

wallace
08-27-2010, 08:14 AM
Hey you might want to just call innovate. lots of times they'll fix for no charge or just ship you a new unit instead when they get the old one from you. just tell them you bought it new and it quit working after a while.

shackwrrr
08-27-2010, 11:06 AM
I have an lc1 that stopped working before I even got the sensor installed. If you send it to innovate out of warranty it is a flat fee of 40 bucks to fix it. I am guessing they can do that since there is probably only 20 dollars worth of electronics actually in the thing.

I know the problem with them is that innovate used some components that cannot withstand underhood temps and they get fried. I decided not to use mine because of the design it is not easy to mount one *not* under t the hood

GLHNSLHT2
08-27-2010, 08:00 PM
Mine are both underhood resting on the drivers tranny mount. They've worked fine for the last 3-4 years. I did have a problem with my XD-16 gauge changing the fuel type though. Innovate replaced it free of charge. I'll keep using their products with customer service like that.

shackwrrr
08-28-2010, 12:35 AM
Some have problems, some do not. You probably aren't stressing the components as much there. I checked out there forums and people have sent them back so many times that they gave up and started just replacing the components by themselves.

Bardo
08-28-2010, 12:55 AM
Some have problems, some do not. You probably aren't stressing the components as much there. I checked out there forums and people have sent them back so many times that they gave up and started just replacing the components by themselves. what components are they replacing and where do you get them from?

shackwrrr
08-28-2010, 01:00 AM
I dont quite remember but I am thinking it was the "232" serial chip. I just checked and their board is down at the moment.

x.Gen
08-28-2010, 11:20 AM
I dont quite remember but I am thinking it was the "232" serial chip. I just checked and their board is down at the moment.

I think their boards will be down for a while, they have been for a couple weeks. they are re-structuring or something. I do remember reading on the forum before I bought mine last year that they are usually quite good about warranty/repairs (wouldn't have bought it otherwise).

turbovanmanČ
08-28-2010, 02:42 PM
Thanks guys, I'll give them a call.