PDA

View Full Version : 84 Rampage T2 swap

W.P._Turbocars
08-24-2010, 01:39 AM
Well the time has come to start a thread. I'm currently pulling everything from my 82 Rampage to put into the low mile 84 I've been holding onto. Once I get this done I'll be starting on the good build... a 5 speed AWD, Holset powered 3.0 Rampage. Cant wait to start it. :)

So here goes. tear down pics of the 66k mile 84 Rampage!

Vigo
08-26-2010, 09:31 PM
Looking good man. After seeing and driving a guy's turbo rampage here lately, i might be starting to get the bug for one myself..:D

ShadowFromHell
08-27-2010, 11:04 AM
I've been borrowing my dads (had to umm move some stuff...) and its a 2.5T/auto and they are a blast. I think I'm gonna sell off a couple of my cars and buy it from him. My daughter really likes it because she gets to ride in the front!

Good luck Gary, you gonna make it in time for the car show?

W.P._Turbocars
08-31-2010, 09:39 PM
Didn't make it to the car show. Got a 92 sedan and 97 coupe Saturn S series in my way to getting to the basement with the second Rampage for tear down. Project back on hold till I get the 97 Saturn back up and going. :(

W.P._Turbocars
11-28-2010, 02:25 AM
Ahhh back to the build! My dad helped out tonight. We got the T2 drivetrain pulled out of the 82 Rampage and sitting off to the side. Sometime this coming week or next weekend I'll be setting the V6 and 5 speed down into the 82 and mounting the 84's k-frame under the truck so I can roll it out and free up my engine stand and some extra room in the basement.

Well, here's pics of tonight's work:

W.P._Turbocars
11-28-2010, 02:30 AM
Pic 3 is my old CAI, Pics 6,7,9 and 10 are of my boost-op cutout, which is still working after about 2 years of just about daily driving.

Pic #10 just goes to prove that the only thing a Ford is good for is a nice size "dump" :drum: :thumb:

W.P._Turbocars
05-25-2011, 02:00 PM
Engine is installed now along with intercooler and 90% of the interior. Last night we pulled the rear end, tank and exhaust. Tonight I'll re-install with the F.I. tank, 2.5" exhaust and disc rear end. Also included a pic of the old exhaust next to the new one with my Boost-op cutout.

Vigo
05-25-2011, 03:28 PM
I like the exhaust. Cant wait to see how it looks from the back when its on the truck.

W.P._Turbocars
08-30-2011, 01:14 PM
Been way too hot this summer to do any work or updating so it's time for a slight update. More pics when I get out to the shop to take them.

Most of the truck is done now. I still have to put the rack on the frame and reinstall it along with the wheel bearings, tidy up the engine compartment, etc. I got the interior almost back together and the seats in now. I started with a scrap piece of aluminum I had and started on a center console mock up that will cover up the A523 shifter cables, shifter and E-brake hole in the carpet. Tomorrow I order the full piece of aluminum so I can get it bent and mounted officially.

Here's a pic of the mocking up with the scrap aluminum.

ShadowFromHell
09-04-2011, 04:23 PM
Do you need a console Gary? My dad has a small collection of l-body consoles from when he had his rampage. Let me know.

W.P._Turbocars
09-04-2011, 10:14 PM
Nah. Thanks though man. I ordered a sheet of aluminum and am making a one piece console tomorrow. The stock unit wont cover the shift cables plus I moved the shifter back about a foot just where I want it at so it wouldn't line up right anyway.

Spycker
09-05-2011, 12:55 AM
love your new exhaust, my daytona and charger will have that soon!

W.P._Turbocars
09-07-2011, 01:21 AM
Was gonna put an oil pressure gauge in and start it but the "apparently" local parts store doesn't carry mechanical gauges. :( I went into the back of Orielly;s today and took a look myself and found one. I told them I wanted a discount since I can find the parts they can't and I don't even work there... I got my $25 gauge for $16 :thumb:
I'll be starting it tomorrow if I get a chance to go to the shop.

More interior pics:

W.P._Turbocars
09-07-2011, 01:24 AM
Also wanted to note that yes the console fits pretty tight and I need to do a little seat work still to get the seats to fit back in perfect and look right.