PDA

View Full Version : Manual Fan Switch

Spraynlog
08-23-2010, 05:56 PM
So the '93 Spirit has A/C, but it used R12?:confused: I thought they switched to R34 in '92. Anyway, the radiator fan is not coming on, so I grounded the pressure switch to try and get the fan to come on with the A/C button, (no freon in the system) but it comes on and stays on with the A/C switch in either position. I could hook up a toggle switch, but what is going on here?

turbovanmanČ
08-23-2010, 06:07 PM
Your confusing me here, lol. Are you saying the coolant fan won't come on when it gets hot? If so, does it come on with the coolant sensor disconnected? If yes, replace the coolant temp sensor. If no, then you have a wiring issue to or from the rad fan relay or the relay is buggered. Remember, the factory cut point is like 220 deg.

Spraynlog
08-23-2010, 08:50 PM
Your confusing me here, lol. Are you saying the coolant fan won't come on when it gets hot? If so, does it come on with the coolant sensor disconnected? If yes, replace the coolant temp sensor. If no, then you have a wiring issue to or from the rad fan relay or the relay is buggered. Remember, the factory cut point is like 220 deg.
The fan doesn't come on when it gets hot. It does come on if the CTS is unplugged. I put a new CTS from NAPA in as part of the rebuild, I guess I'll try an old turbo car one and see if it works.:confused2:

turbovanmanČ
08-23-2010, 08:52 PM
The fan doesn't come on when it gets hot. It does come on if the CTS is unplugged. I put a new CTS from NAPA in as part of the rebuild, I guess I'll try an old turbo car one and see if it works.:confused2:

You need a scanner then to see what's going on. It could be simply your not letting it get hot enough.