PDA

View Full Version : Shadow update 13.11 @ 103.74

rpmguy
08-21-2010, 08:38 PM
We had a good time at the track last night. Ran on my new M&H, but could only pull a 2.02 60' But my buddy with a almost stock r/t spirit ran 1.88 60'. with my tires. The you tube video was not our best passes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHTjNxDHn04&feature=rec-LGOUT-exp_rn-1r-1-HM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHTjNxDHn04&feature=rec-LGOUT-exp_rn-1r-1-HM

rpmguy
08-21-2010, 08:44 PM
Here is the R/T 1.88 60' pass. Spanked a svo mustang. 15 lbs on the R/T +20% stock cal zener afpr no cat.http://www.youtube.com/user/nosguy#p/a/u/0/trafBVi0AOI

rpmguy
08-21-2010, 08:51 PM
This is all with a stock cal, I need a cal . Been waiting for one from Paul a long time. I may have to call Cindy. I tried one of Cindys before but just couldnt get it to work well. May have to try again. Anyone with a 90 2.5 Race cal for sale or rent??

3Bar_Mopar
08-21-2010, 09:06 PM
This is all with a stock cal, I need a cal . Been waiting for one from Paul a long time. I may have to call Cindy. I tried one of Cindys before but just couldnt get it to work well. May have to try again. Anyone with a 90 2.5 Race cal for sale or rent??

Rob Lloyd (Shelgame) does some good cals. I recommend him...and he's pretty cheap.

BIG PSI
08-21-2010, 09:12 PM
So how much BOOST are you running now ?
Tell me more about your set up !!

Chuck

rpmguy
08-22-2010, 01:00 AM
BIG PSI My combo, Stock 2.5 with new rings and rod bearings (147k on motor) , no balance shaft. Fresh valve grind and Mopar gasket and bolts stock cam. Stock intake and TB, China front mount, K&N cone filter. Ported exhaust manifold, 2 1/2 swing and down race bullet with side exit. T3/T4 .46 trim turbo with grainger, no computer control. +40% AFPR stock cal with fuel pressure down, zeiner AND map bleed. Meth kit (was spraying meth at track, but also had race fuel) Hughes converter and cheetah valve body.

I think that covers it, Not very happy with tune up, but it did get down the track. Seems to keep pulling some knock. Most of the time in cyl 3, but does move around. Was on race fuel and some meth. Base timing is 10 deg. Wondering if cal would help me due to not being so sensitive to knock at high rpm and boost. Oh Boost is way off the stock gauge. must be about 21-23. or 24 lol :thumb: I will get a gauge and thinking about a shift light. Tuning with OTC. .90-.92 o2 mv

turbovanmanČ
08-22-2010, 02:27 AM
What stage turbine and a/r?

Nice runs, you have some nice mph, :thumb:

BadAssPerformance
08-22-2010, 09:36 AM
Nice! :thumb: Post your time on the link in my sig! :thumb:

Keito
08-22-2010, 11:15 AM
Race gas, meth and still knocking?
I say with a good cal and meth you'd be deep in the 12's.

blk86trbo
08-22-2010, 04:06 PM
Race gas, meth and still knocking?
I say with a good cal and meth you'd be deep in the 12's.

Right, with only 10 deg timing I was thinking the same thing...get a good cal and it should move out well!

Nice vids too, thanks for sharing :nod:

rpmguy
08-22-2010, 07:32 PM
Turbo is a stage 1 .63 a/r .46 trim. Yea not sure about the knocking, wondering if Im getting false knock. Could it be something in my ignition like HEP sensor or china cap and rotor. I almost unhooked the knock sensor on the last pass, but didnt. I due drive it to work LOL.

cordes
08-22-2010, 07:39 PM
Turbo is a stage 1 .63 a/r .46 trim. Yea not sure about the knocking, wondering if Im getting false knock. Could it be something in my ignition like HEP sensor or china cap and rotor. I almost unhooked the knock sensor on the last pass, but didnt. I due drive it to work LOL.

I would not disconnect the knock sensor in our cars. They are pretty darn good. Better to trouble shoot the false knock than to unhook what is most likely a functional device.

gasketmaster
08-22-2010, 11:09 PM
Nice job Ryan :thumb:

Keito
08-23-2010, 11:51 AM
Could the knock sensor be loose or not tightened enough?
I've heard of that being a problem in SRT-4's.

rpmguy
08-23-2010, 02:32 PM
New knock sensor and torqued to spec. Maybe just picking up a little. Do the cals help with the sensitivity of knock with high boost and a worn engine. Motor may just have some internal noise when turned up.

cordes
08-23-2010, 08:34 PM
New knock sensor and torqued to spec. Maybe just picking up a little. Do the cals help with the sensitivity of knock with high boost and a worn engine. Motor may just have some internal noise when turned up.

You may want to try and datalog the knock values. I have read that some of the new sensors are over sensitive.

The best way to know what is really knock and what is not is to record the knock values every 500RPMs at cruise. Add 10% to those figures and you can set your knock table off of it.

rpmguy
08-23-2010, 09:12 PM
OK, now im interested. I think I can record some knock values at cruise, but I have know way of setting my knock tables. Maybe I will try the old orig knock sensor. Any idea what I should get for values at cruise. I tune with otc .

rpmguy
08-23-2010, 09:17 PM
Not into burning my own cals (yet) May have to due to low support of cals for these cars. I should ask on another thread , But what would it take to wire my car to 89 spec cal from a 90.

cordes
08-23-2010, 09:21 PM
Not into burning my own cals (yet) May have to due to low support of cals for these cars. I should ask on another thread , But what would it take to wire my car to 89 spec cal from a 90.

It would take a lot to do that. I wouldn't bother with it either. There are some decent SBEC cals out there.

I can post up a knock table for a 90' cal if you want. What cal are you using now?

turbovanmanČ
08-23-2010, 09:22 PM

Why? Just use a chip converter then you can use a regular chip and if you want, an Ostrich.

cordes
08-23-2010, 09:25 PM
Why? Just use a chip converter then you can use a regular chip and if you want, an Ostrich.

I'll give it to him that there is far superior support for the 88-89 stuff than there is for the 90+ stuff. Heck, my shadow runs well enough with the current cal in it that I've not tried out TSBEC yet. I haven't really had the time to mess with it either though.

rpmguy
08-23-2010, 09:30 PM
Sorry Turbovanman you lost me? Im running a stock 90 2.5 t-1 cal now.

cordes
08-23-2010, 09:32 PM
Sorry Turbovanman you lost me? Im running a stock 90 2.5 t-1 cal now.

The SBECs use a "different" chip and won't allow for the common chips we use for cals in the LMs and SMECs. The chip converter allows you to use the cheaper, electronic erase chips in the SBEC.

The Ostrich is an emulator which allows for flashing a cal from your laptop.

rpmguy
08-23-2010, 09:39 PM
Still trying to learn these cars mechanically , I don't want to throw in cal tuning into my program. Just not yet. cords I will try to get some cruize knock counts tonight, what am I looking for?

cordes
08-23-2010, 09:41 PM
Still trying to learn these cars mechanically , I don't want to throw in cal tuning into my program. Just not yet. cords I will try to get some cruize knock counts tonight, what am I looking for?

The scanner should give you knock volts I believe. Either way give me what values it gives you and we should be good to go.

rpmguy
08-23-2010, 09:44 PM
Will do Thanks