PDA

View Full Version : honing

psi2hi
06-18-2006, 10:10 PM
my motor only has 86xxx t1 sc orignal miles on it and i was wondering if i could put my t2 pistion in there with a fresh hone job if i will have piston slip with a std bore piston lmk asap

Directconnection
06-18-2006, 10:50 PM
my motor only has 86xxx t1 sc orignal miles on it and i was wondering if i could put my t2 pistion in there with a fresh hone job if i will have piston slip with a std bore piston lmk asap

Not without alot of work. The T-II piston is for a floating type of rod, where as your's are pressed and not floating. Why change pistons that are of the same bore dimensions?

turbovanmanČ
06-19-2006, 01:53 AM
You have a few choices, if you keep the rings in the same bore and swap pistons, you'll be fine or if you want to rering-then if the cross hatch is still showing, you can just install new rings, put it together and go beat on it or if the cross hatch is gone, hone and put new rings in.

psi2hi
06-21-2006, 07:21 PM
cool there is still cross hatches in all the motor so thats what i was going to do u is std t2 piston fresh rings and go have some fun with it.so do i have to hone it since it's got cross hatch?

Directconnection
06-21-2006, 08:25 PM
I don't understand... why do you want to remove the low mileage pressed pin turbo pistons and replace with full floating used turbo-II pistons? Sounds like your bores are ok to me and not needing any work since you didn't mention blowby or any oil burning issues.

turbovanmanČ
06-21-2006, 09:00 PM
Maybe he has some cracked pistons?

Directconnection
06-22-2006, 12:31 PM
I am guessing he thinks maybe he needs new fresh rings and pistons even though there are no symptoms, and while at it, upgrade to the T-II pistons.