PDA

View Full Version : help with turbo magnum 360

76 duster
08-20-2010, 07:05 PM
hey guys i was wondering what i should do for a remote mount single turbo setup on my 2001 dodge ram 1500 sport with a fi 5.9l 360 magnum. im going to use the stock crank, rods and pistons right now. im also going to have to replace the intake plenum under the manifold as the gasket is blown. I have seen a couple setups from sts turbos but i wanna make my own. i already have a intercooler and turbo timer. im going to reuse my cool air intake so im going to need alot of pipe. i also need the name of a company that makes vband intake plenums. any help is use full

Bardo
08-20-2010, 07:15 PM
I called sts about a turbo system for my 09 silverado. the base system was around $5k.

Bowtie316
04-05-2011, 12:16 PM
I would scour e-bay, I just ordered a ton of stuff for my build from there. On a remote mount setup, I would probably have an exhaust shop bend up some exhaust tubing for the charge piping to get you up close to the engine bay, then aluminum from there.

Vigo
04-07-2011, 11:02 PM
How exactly do you intend to re-use your cool air intake plumbing if you're remote-mounting the turbo? Run an intake pipe all the way from the front to the turbo? That would be a huge waste, as the air the turbo would suck underneath the truck is already as cool as the air in your fender or wherever else.

Also, i hope you mean you are just going to replace the gasket, or the plate that seals to it if there is a better one. There's no need to replace the entire intake manifold. That gasket is cheap.

As for what turbo to use, the ones STS is using should be a good place to start to give you an idea what size of turbo you'll need.

BadAssPerformance
04-07-2011, 11:30 PM
hey guys i was wondering what i should do for a remote mount single turbo setup on my 2001 dodge ram 1500 sport with a fi 5.9l 360 magnum. im going to use the stock crank, rods and pistons right now. im also going to have to replace the intake plenum under the manifold as the gasket is blown. I have seen a couple setups from sts turbos but i wanna make my own. i already have a intercooler and turbo timer. im going to reuse my cool air intake so im going to need alot of pipe. i also need the name of a company that makes vband intake plenums. any help is use full

Welcome to Turbo-Mopar.com :thumb: Sounds like a fun project.

Many companies out there sell V-band accessories that can be welded onto manifolds or pipe, just need to search yahoo or google.

What do you plan to use for exhaust manifolds/headers? What size turbo are you looking at, or a better question, how much power?

Bardo
04-14-2011, 08:47 PM
Sorry jt, he hasn't been on since his first post

Orangetona
04-14-2011, 08:53 PM
Bowtie BAD lol