PDA

View Full Version : black shelby lancer?

shackwrrr
08-14-2010, 11:25 PM
Were there any black shelby lancers? I was at the gas station today and I look over and see a sweet black lancer pull up and I didnt think anything of it untill I saw that it had the awesome upper rear window air deflector. On my way out I got a few pictures and I looked down and seen that it said intercooled turbo on the lip under the door and it had the spirit r/t style lip on the rear too. I pulled back into a parking spot and waited for the guy to come out and I asked him what number his shelby lancer was and he shrugged and shook his head and walked away, I then said that he had a nice rare car and he just turned and smiled and nodded. Never said a word (may have been a mute).

here are some pictures

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e357/shackwrrr/sl1.jpg
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e357/shackwrrr/sl2.jpg

bakes
08-14-2010, 11:32 PM
It's a 89 Lancer Shelby not a 87-88 #ed Shelby Lancer
but even more rare as there was something like 207 -8 made.

shackwrrr
08-14-2010, 11:43 PM
Cool, I didnt know that but I love that air deflector on the rear window. It makes the car look so sexy.

blk86trbo
08-15-2010, 12:15 AM
I'd bet money it's just basic transportation to him and he thought you were being sarcastic. Run his plates and let him know you'd like to be called when he's in the market to sell...might get a good deal since he more than likely thinks it's a run of the mill 4 door sedan.

cordes
08-15-2010, 01:24 AM
Cool, I didnt know that but I love that air deflector on the rear window. It makes the car look so sexy.

That upper wing deal only came on the Lancer Shelbys.

j4278h
08-15-2010, 08:08 AM
That upper wing deal only came on the Lancer Shelbys.

and the 86 lancer pacifica

Juggy
08-15-2010, 09:45 AM

huh? lancer pacifica?

cordes
08-15-2010, 02:02 PM

Thanks. I had never heard that before.

2.216VTurbo
08-16-2010, 12:30 AM

Ha, I'm reading this thread a day late thinking, nope not Lancer Shelby's only, Lancer Pacifica's had that wing too. Of course you were on that one:thumb:

Lancer Shelby's didn't get snowflakes that I've ever seen so the mute guy swapped rims at some point and probably knows more abou the car than you expect.

Shelby Lancer=TI bottom end, cast crank, 520 trans one color choice

Lancer Shelby= TII bottom end, forged crank, 555 trans, 3 colors to chose from.

R/T
08-16-2010, 07:56 AM
Shelby Lancer=TI bottom end, cast crank, 520 trans one color choice

Lancer Shelby= TII bottom end, forged crank, 555 trans, 3 colors to chose from.

If it's a 5 speed yes, the Lancer Shelbys autos were 2.5 T1 cars.

We have an 88 T2/555/IC Lancer Shelby here in the family, one of 168 built.

Being that car has snowflakes, I'd say '89.

ScottD
08-16-2010, 09:00 AM
Lancer Shelby's didn't get snowflakes that I've ever seen so the mute guy swapped rims at some point and probably knows more abou the car than you expect.

Not true.

88 Lancer Shelbys got the eggshell 15" aluminum wheels that the Daytona Pacifica got.

89 Lancer Shelbys got snowflakes. I worked at a Dodge dealer in 1989 and we had one Lancer Shelby in our inventory.

Juggy
08-16-2010, 09:20 AM
Not true.

88 Lancer Shelbys got the eggshell 15" aluminum wheels that the Daytona Pacifica got.

89 Lancer Shelbys got snowflakes. I worked at a Dodge dealer in 1989 and we had one Lancer Shelby in our inventory.

+1 on 88 lancer shelby with the white eggshell rims
have the car to prove it :eyebrows:

2.216VTurbo
08-16-2010, 09:44 AM
Not true.

I guess I've never seen an 89 before, there we used to have a member with a white 88 with the body color rims and i've seen a couple 88's in J yards. Did any of the black cars get body color wheels, 88 or 89's? We have a local guy with an 89 H body GTC, I think it has lace but I'll ask what it had when he got it.

ScottD
08-16-2010, 10:15 AM
I guess I've never seen an 89 before, there we used to have a member with a white 88 with the body color rims and i've seen a couple 88's in J yards. Did any of the black cars get body color wheels, 88 or 89's? We have a local guy with an 89 H body GTC, I think it has lace but I'll ask what it had when he got it.

I think you meant 89 H body GTS. Those did get lace wheels. I *think* but can't be certain that the 89 LeBaron GTS were all in that dark maroon w/ gold trim color combo. Someone else may be able to verify.

Only the white cars got the body color wheels.

blk86trbo
08-16-2010, 11:26 AM
I think you meant 89 H body GTS. Those did get lace wheels. I *think* but can't be certain that the 89 LeBaron GTS were all in that dark maroon w/ gold trim color combo. Someone else may be able to verify.

Only the white cars got the body color wheels.

Yeah Scott I'll have to agree, every 89 GTS I've seen was maroon. I think they shared the same 15" lace wheel as the LeBaron GT?

ScottD
08-16-2010, 11:38 AM
Yeah Scott I'll have to agree, every 89 GTS I've seen was maroon. I think they shared the same 15" lace wheel as the LeBaron GT?

Yup, except the Lebaron GTS wheels the lace was painted gold.

89 was a weird year, the 88 k-body Lebaron was discontinued for 89, so the H-body base car was named the Lebaron and then the uplevel model was the GTS. Then I think in 90 the Lebaron name went on a gussied up AA body, and the H-body was discontinued.

contraption22
08-16-2010, 12:16 PM
I have an article somewhere in my pile of magazines that talks about the Lancer Pacifica and Atlantica Concept cars built in 1986. The Pacifica was white with white Pizza wheels, the Atlantica was all black with regular machine-finished Pizza wheels.

2.216VTurbo
08-16-2010, 02:29 PM
Yup, except the Lebaron GTS wheels the lace was painted gold.

89 was a weird year, the 88 k-body Lebaron was discontinued for 89, so the H-body base car was named the Lebaron and then the uplevel model was the GTS. Then I think in 90 the Lebaron name went on a gussied up AA body, and the H-body was discontinued.

You're right, my bud (PatSVT here but almost never posts:() 89 H body is a GTS, it has gold Lace wheels and is a sweet car.

I think the real reason 89 is a wierd year... Airbags. If the car model couldn't be redesgned to accept them, it got axed. 89 and 90 TC Maserati's are whole different cars. The 90 Omni with the funky dash, airbag redesign. I'm sure the list of funkiness between 89 and 90 is probably much longer but that's all that occurs to me right now.

*Slightly on topic* I have a "Chrysler 1989 Model press release kit" written in late 88 by Ken Jobnlinsky (Michigans press guy at the time) with ALL the stats, measurements, features hig res pics etc etc for every 1989 model including Mitsu imports like the Conquests. It's like 1/2" thick folder. I'm not a scanner guy but I'd be willing to let someone scan it and return it unscathed if they wanted to put in the effort to post the pages/pics here somewhere...

cordes
08-16-2010, 04:58 PM
You're right, my bud (PatSVT here but almost never posts:() 89 H body is a GTS, it has gold Lace wheels and is a sweet car.

I think the real reason 89 is a wierd year... Airbags. If the car model couldn't be redesgned to accept them, it got axed. 89 and 90 TC Maserati's are whole different cars. The 90 Omni with the funky dash, airbag redesign. I'm sure the list of funkiness between 89 and 90 is probably much longer but that's all that occurs to me right now.

*Slightly on topic* I have a "Chrysler 1989 Model press release kit" written in late 88 by Ken Jobnlinsky (Michigans press guy at the time) with ALL the stats, measurements, features hig res pics etc etc for every 1989 model including Mitsu imports like the Conquests. It's like 1/2" thick folder. I'm not a scanner guy but I'd be willing to let someone scan it and return it unscathed if they wanted to put in the effort to post the pages/pics here somewhere...

Send it to me and I'll scan it.

2.216VTurbo
08-16-2010, 07:47 PM
Send it to me and I'll scan it.

PM me the addy of the Cordes estate... It's a whole lot of pages, you can pick and choose what to post up I suppose.

tommyturbo
08-16-2010, 08:18 PM
It is probably an 89, 208 in 89. I have one of them in red with no drivetrain in it waiting for my attention.

Alan, love to get a look at that press kit also, and any luck finding the top guy's info? My tax refund just arrived.

2.216VTurbo
08-19-2010, 07:46 PM
Gotta do a 'drive by' Tommy, couldn't find the card or the little swatch of leather he gave me to compare to the Masi Ginger color.

PatSVT sent me a couple pics of his 89 H body, not the overall shot I woulda taken but Mkay... Pat, fire your camera man;)

J&H Ryan
08-19-2010, 11:18 PM
Not sure if this was covered yet, but not all 89 GTS's were maroon. I had a black/gray one. It was neat because the previous owner converted all the gold wheels/trim to gray. It was one of 8 due to a couple odd options.

bakes
08-19-2010, 11:49 PM
http://www.shelby-dodge.com/

86trbolancer
12-11-2010, 01:47 PM
ha bringing this topic back...

As of today I am the happy owner 2nd owner!!!! of 2 1986 Dodge Lancer Pacificas...

One I bought from my pops 3-4yrs ago he was the original owner, and about a week ago on craigslist i found another one from a guy only about an hr away from me. He is also the original owner...and selling it to me for only 650!!!! has a salvage title but the body is 90% clean and needs a paint job like all 80s cars

Look at my pics for pics of my lancer