PDA

View Full Version : 2 races, 2 losers towed home plus one gets a ticket

Ondonti
08-11-2010, 07:33 PM
So while I have been driving my Dodge Spirit 3.0 for 10+ years, I have never really had anyone race it. It has been turned into my tow car so it rocks a tow which and I always keep the ball installed.
4400 feet of elevation so none of this racing is too crazy in slow cars.

----
The Dodge Stratus
----
2 months ago around midnight, coming into a 2 lane freeway exit next to a riced out Dodge Stratus, I decided to double clutch downshift into 3rd at about 60 MP. The 3.0 let out a roar and helped slow me down for the weird S-turn exit ramp. Got onto the road I needed and the stratus did some sort of ricer flybye on me.
I ignored him but later on we got to a red light. He was beside a car so i got behind him. He took off, and I followed a little behind making sure I had room to get over. Powershifted 1-2 as i changed lanes. After Powershifting 2-3 as I got near his door, his transmission exploded. Being nighttime I was rewarded with being able to see the fire/sparks going everywhere.

He pulled off right away into some random street and I kept going home.

-----------
The DSM
--------
Sadly for a stock turbo DSM, high elevation is not your friend, especially if you don't know how to build your car.

On my way to the junkyard to get a new PS pump for The Junkyard (duster), I got behind a light blue 1G DSM with what looked like a 2.5" exhaust or something like that. His car had a couple stickers. Hand making the shocker gesture, DSM something or other, and "8 hater" (so does he like v6's?).

We were waiting for a freeway onramp. When the light went green he turned left onto the ramp. I had my windows down so I could hear his car making some tire squeals which shouldn't happen if you are driving normally so I decided to pursue after making a less aggressive left. got behind him and as the ramp merged to the freeway I hit the outside lane and put about 2 cars on him up to about 120mph :P

Now why in the world would you want to do that again against a POS grandma car?
He got beside me and made the "money" gesture with his fingers. Now considering I am driving my tow car and not my fun car, I find this completely silly since he probably thinks his car is respectable. I have no interest in this so from about 50mph we go again. He seemed very very mad when he gestured to me before so regardless I didn't want to communicated with him again. I normally would never pass a car while racing but I guess being in super slow cars makes me behave stupid. I had already put 2 cars on him by about 100ish so I was able to change lanes in front of him to pass the car I was coming up on slowly (other car probably going 75 even though the limit is 60). I pull into the right turn lane (high speed turn lane which doesn't require a stop, the freeway just turned into a divided highway) because the junkyard is on the frontage road. DSm follows. This kinda scares me because of how he behaved before and I am in the middle of nowhere. Well I make another quick right without slowing down much because of the following DSM....BUT, he had slowed down a lot and pulled into the dirt beside the road. WOOT. Broke down DSM can't follow me.

Now the scary thing. I forgot the little freeway is right in front of the race track (opposite frontage road) and police sometimes hang out in the parking lot. I have already run into the junkyard walking to the back and hearing police cars. The one with a siren stops near the junkyard parking lot.
Poor Poor DSM broke down right near where the cops hang out to chat right after he was obviously racing someone.
I stayed in the junkyard for quite awhile, met a fellow Utah member and told him the story.

Everything turned out alright for me in the end except....my 8 year old old 4 puck clutch fragged going home. Spring came out.

3Bar_Mopar
08-11-2010, 10:01 PM
Nice, lol...you literally put 2 cars on the trailer.

Ondonti
08-16-2010, 03:55 AM
If it had been my fast car, it might have been everyone towed home :(

Vigo
08-16-2010, 09:52 PM
hahaha an insightful point, good sir.