PDA

View Full Version : Sdac 21???

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

30 PSI SHADOW
08-10-2010, 01:53 PM
Was it even mentioned, as i dont recall if it was... Possible Location??

sdac guy
08-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Was it even mentioned, as i dont recall if it was... Possible Location??On awards night, I don't remember if I mentioned the sites we are considering or not. But we have not made a decision yet. Craig, Greg, and I will all be at the Mopar Nats this weekend and will probably decide while there.

Barry

SilverShelby
08-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Somewhere in Middle United States
Memphis,TN would be great.....
Or Huntsville,AL:eyebrows::thumb:

j4278h
08-10-2010, 04:07 PM
kalamazoo mi (fingers and toes crossed)

BIG PSI
08-10-2010, 04:14 PM
I would like to see it in Sydney, Australia.

Never been there !!!

SilverShelby
08-10-2010, 04:20 PM
To long a boat ride:confused:

contraption22
08-10-2010, 04:27 PM

Never been there !!!

I heard a rumor it's going to be .6 miles from your place. Sorry it couldn't be closer. Hope you can make it. :)

DodgeZ
08-10-2010, 04:33 PM
Austin TX!!!

sdac guy
08-10-2010, 04:56 PM
Somewhere in Middle United States
Memphis,TN would be great.....
Or Huntsville,AL:eyebrows::thumb: Huntsville isn't anywhere near the middle of the US. We did Topeka for SDAC-16 and it was the worst turnout we've ever had. If you throw a dart at a map of the US and it hits in the middle, it will be very close to Topeka on the map.

We did Memphis for SDAC-12. It was a fun time and a decent turnout, but the track was way too expensive then (though we did it anyways). I can't imagine how much MMP is asking now for track rental.

BTW, we are not looking for suggestions on where to hold an event. We have a couple sites in mind, and pretty much have a plan for the next 2-3 years. But which comes first (next year) is the thing we are deciding on.

You guys can shout out as many sites as you wish, but right now, we are not taking applications. ;)

Barry

DodgeZ
08-10-2010, 05:01 PM
I can't imagine how much MMP is asking now for track rental.

http://www.memphismotorsportsparkforsale.com/index.php

danristheman
08-10-2010, 06:16 PM
Indy has my vote.

Dan Rose

Johnny
08-10-2010, 07:06 PM
Vegas!

sdac guy
08-19-2010, 10:06 AM
Craig, Greg, and I met up at the Mopar Nats and it was decided the Chicago area would be the site for next year.

Same dates as the last few years, it starts the weekend after Father's Day, June 25-29, 2011.

Barry

dodgeshadowchik
08-19-2010, 10:19 AM
Sweet! That should be a good time! :)

Turbodave
08-19-2010, 10:20 AM
Craig, Greg, and I met up at the Mopar Nats and it was decided the Chicago area would be the site for next year.

:clap:

Since I have so many cars we determined it was easier to bring SDAC to me, than bring my cars to SDAC (especially since most don't run:o).

Pat
08-19-2010, 10:23 AM

Since I have so many cars we determined it was easier to bring SDAC to me, than bring my cars to SDAC (especially since most don't run:o).

I can see the shirts now.....SDAC 21, Boost Barn, IL.

Turbodave
08-19-2010, 10:47 AM
I can see the shirts now.....SDAC 21, Boost Barn, IL.

:lol: Get your tetanus shots now.

BadAssPerformance
08-19-2010, 10:54 AM
^^^ LOL, no doubt, and bring tools and parts and paint to fix a dozen or so cars ;)

Woot! SDAC-Chicago hosting SDAC-21! :clap:

We'll start things rolling at our meet saturday! :thumb:

mcsvt
08-19-2010, 11:03 AM
Sweet :thumb: Thanks for the update Barry!

Lotashelbys
08-19-2010, 11:04 AM
Was it even mentioned, as i dont recall if it was... Possible Location??

Bill thats because you were too busy drinking a beer lol

Anyways if its gonna be in Chicago I have a place for the autocross and go kart racing for anyone that dont bring a car to the track. This would be a gauranteed good time for everyone as these are the karts I build that go 50mph and do almost 2G in the corners. We have a computerized scoring system for lap times for the autocross course and we can do actual flagged races for the karts or anything we want.

Barry if this sounds like something we can do get a hold of me:thumb:

sdac guy
08-19-2010, 11:07 AM

Anyways if its gonna be in Chicago sometime in the next few years I have a place for the autocross and go kart racing for anyone that dont bring a car to the track. This would be a gauranteed good time for everyone as these are the karts I build that go 50mph and do almost 2G in the corners. We have a computerized scoring system for lap times for the autocross course and we can do actual flagged races for the karts or anything we want.

Sounds like a cool deal! :thumb:

I'm sure you will hear from one of the Chi-town maniacs regarding this. :clap:

Barry

BadAssPerformance
08-19-2010, 11:10 AM
Jackson ... Can you make it to the CL meet Saturday? Planning begins there... :thumb:

Hmmm... interesting, might, or might not be able to work that into the schedule...

Lotashelbys
08-19-2010, 11:15 AM
Jackson ... Can you make it to the CL meet Saturday? Planning begins there... :thumb:

Hmmm... interesting, might, or might not be able to work that into the schedule...

I will try. There is it at this time?

I already talked to my boss and I would be in charge of whatever we would do that day if we want to use the track for an autocross and go kart race so I hope we can work it in. GAURATEED everyone will love it!

Lotashelbys
08-19-2010, 11:17 AM

lol same here!

Turbodave
08-19-2010, 11:18 AM
My head is swimming with ideas right now. If you take a away the ones that involve bacon or unicorns there might even be a few that are worth talking about.

BadAssPerformance
08-19-2010, 11:19 AM
I heard the Brookfield Zoo was going to trade their Liger for a Unicorn... ;)

BadAssPerformance
08-19-2010, 11:21 AM
I will try. There is it at this time?

I already talked to my boss and I would be in charge of whatever we would do that day if we want to use the track for an autocross and go kart race so I hope we can work it in. GAURATEED everyone will love it!

My house in Des Plaines 4pm - ???

We'll talk. :thumb: ... right now, location is potentially the only downside

cordes
08-19-2010, 11:23 AM
Very exciting news. This will be the closest SDAC to me yet. :)

BadAssPerformance
08-19-2010, 11:23 AM
Weren't you living in Detroit in 1997? or Indiana in 1998? or Detroit in 2000?

Reeves
08-19-2010, 11:58 AM

Never been there !!!

As much as it cost to fly just me there, I couldn't imagine trying to get the OMNI there!!!

We did Memphis for SDAC-12. It was a fun time and a decent turnout, but the track was way too expensive then (though we did it anyways). I can't imagine how much MMP is asking now for track rental.
Barry

And we ended up with MULTIPLE holes in slicks. I remember at least 4.....and I had 2 of them. :mad:

I heard the Brookfield Zoo was going to trade their Liger for a Unicorn... ;)

That's pretty much my favorite animal. ... bred for its skills in magic.

sdac guy
08-19-2010, 12:12 PM
And we ended up with MULTIPLE holes in slicks. I remember at least 4.....and I had 2 of them. :mad:

And when I called that a$$hat track manager to tell him that a bunch of our guys got flats. He said we must have brought the nails/screws with us and dirtied his track. I mentioned that when we had the chapter challenge car push that we found sheet metal screws in the left lane. He brushed that off by saying that the public was in there the next day for a T&T and nobody from them complained. What a jerk.

Barry

22shelby
08-19-2010, 12:55 PM
this is great news!!!!, i too will be all in for making this ANOTHER great SDAC meet!!!! all i know is the drag strip will be SET on DEAD HOOK!!!!! i will personally make sure of this!!!!!:thumb:
!

89ShelbyGuy
08-19-2010, 01:24 PM
Awesome!.....gotta get my shelby goin again... :eyebrows:

cobra2411
08-19-2010, 02:16 PM
Grr... Another communist state... Detroit would have been better IMO... But not my decision so I'll just suck it up...

Hopefully we can get a hotel that's a little friendlier...

contraption22
08-19-2010, 02:16 PM
So multiple Renegade proposals are ok right?

My head is swimming with ideas right now. If you take a away the ones that involve bacon or unicorns there might even be a few that are worth talking about.

I'm interested in the bacon ideas. I wrap my Klondike bars in bacon.

cobra2411
08-19-2010, 02:19 PM

Bacon dispensers maybe?

cobra2411
08-19-2010, 02:33 PM
Overall I had a great time and I'm looking forward to SDAC 21. I just hope that the people involved with setting it up learned from SDAC 20 so 21 can be even better. That should be the goal with any event like this; make each one better then the last.

The karts sound cool though... Maybe a little dual-cross event? 2 drivers racing side by side... That would really be cool.

turbojerk
08-19-2010, 02:39 PM
WoW! 11hr drive. I hope that I can make it out next year. Time will tell....

Hopefully 21 will be the best SDAC EVER!

Reeves
08-19-2010, 02:41 PM
I think most who travelled in had a much happier experience.

:thumb::thumb:

I thought it was great!

Yeah, the parking lot attendance was down, but otherwise, it was awesome!

And generally speaking, the hotels always suck! At least it had a pool that functioned!

cobra2411
08-19-2010, 02:41 PM
Yeah I'm looking at over a 12hr drive... Detroit is 9 1/2hrs...

I'll probably take my truck and trailer just in case anything blows up. Maybe I can get a driver for that and I'll drive the shadow out... Have the truck as a chase vehicle... The planning has commenced...

contraption22
08-19-2010, 02:57 PM
Dashboard bacon.

ATaylorRacing
08-19-2010, 03:28 PM
Are we going to Joliet????? Last time we were going there I asked Brittany Spears if she could set up early to cancel our event...and then I asked her to cancel her concert for a private showing with me......or did I dream that?

Turbodave
08-19-2010, 06:43 PM
I've never been to a bad SDAC, even 16 where we had 1/3 the people and 116 deg heat was still awesome.

After working with Barry planning SDAC-14 I learned that if you don't butt heads with him at least a dozen times in the planning stages then your probably not trying hard enough. It's all good in the end:thumb:

Also, SDAC-20 was great, in my opinion it sets the bar pretty high for us in Chicago next year, it's going to be a lot work to try and top it.

Lotashelbys
08-19-2010, 06:43 PM

I think I can make it.....

Heres some info on the track if it was possible to make a day out of it......
http://www.sugarriverraceway.com/index.html

Turbodave
08-19-2010, 06:49 PM

Cool, and if you can't make it and have to send Tiffany to represent you none of us would be upset.

ljbprrfmof
08-19-2010, 07:21 PM
Okay, I lost track of this thread and I finally found the SDAC 21 location all the way back on the first page.

One question, if I am able to make it, will I return home registered as a Democrat? That would be uncomfortably against my nature.

Johnny
08-19-2010, 07:54 PM
an autocross and go kart race GAURATEED everyone will love it!

Johnny
PolyBushings.com

jaysshelby
08-19-2010, 09:14 PM

we where just talking about this at work. beer batter deep fried bacon:thumb:

cobra2411
08-19-2010, 09:50 PM
Okay, I lost track of this thread and I finally found the SDAC 21 location all the way back on the first page.

One question, if I am able to make it, will I return home registered as a Democrat? That would be uncomfortably against my nature.

I'm hoping at least some of the crooks get voted out before then... There's a reason it's called Crook county...

There are three places in the country right now that you can't video Police... Maryland, Illinois and Massachusetts. So is it Boston for SDAC 22?

Oh well... I'll secretly hope for Detroit and go to Chicago and have fun anyway...

sy2206
08-20-2010, 11:40 AM
Chicago area, June 25-29, 2011.

:clap: Woo hoo!!!!!

I have a place for the autocross. We have a computerized scoring system for lap times for the autocross

Hell yeah!!

slasky
08-20-2010, 12:34 PM
I think I may have to pull an Alan and fly in.

Johnny
08-20-2010, 06:18 PM
I think I may have to pull an Alan and fly in.

Why?...your only a days drive away.

slasky
08-20-2010, 09:34 PM
Why?...your only a days drive away.
I am not one for long drives. I even fly down to NYC when I go there and that's only a 6 .5 hour drive. SDAC seems to be the only long distance driving I do. I really don't feel like putting in all the hours driving there and back. Besides at $107 each way with jet blue it is cheaper to fly than drive.

glhs727
08-20-2010, 10:02 PM

Anyways if its gonna be in Chicago I have a place for the autocross and go kart racing for anyone that dont bring a car to the track. This would be a gauranteed good time for everyone as these are the karts I build that go 50mph and do almost 2G in the corners. We have a computerized scoring system for lap times for the autocross course and we can do actual flagged races for the karts or anything we want.

We went to to Jackson track over the summer. We had a blast!!! even 30 minutes in one of those karts will wear you out, and they even had slower/ smaller carts for the kids. The hotels in WI ought to be cheaper too!

DC Turismo
08-20-2010, 11:59 PM
Havent been to Chi-town in my life yet... lookin' forward to knockin' it off the bucket list with a great SDAC event out there, woot! Maybe I'll track down a Steelers Merril Hoge jersey to bring out there with me and see if anyone pays it any attention? lol...

2.216VTurbo
08-21-2010, 12:17 AM
I am not one for long drives. I even fly down to NYC when I go there and that's only a 6 .5 hour drive. SDAC seems to be the only long distance driving I do. I really don't feel like putting in all the hours driving there and back. Besides at $107 each way with jet blue it is cheaper to fly than drive.

JetBlue rules, nice seats and your own little game screen in the headrest in front of you for $5:thumb:

86seeS
08-21-2010, 12:31 AM
4 hours from me! might bring 2 L-bodys the girlfriend can drive the AC car i guess. cant wait saving my penneys already

chryguy
08-21-2010, 12:49 AM
Any idea which tracks and what part of the state yet?:confused2:

FYI...

#1. Yes you have to register as a demmy-crat at the border or the demmy-nazi's will do horrible things to you. Unspeakable, unmentionable things (shudder)....
Don't worry, when your registered it's not computerized, and the arm tattoo is a washable one...so no one will know. You can rip-up the ID card when you leave...I swear I won't say anything (cough). :thumb:

#2. The demmy-stink washes off, so when you leave no one will be the wiser.;)

#3. Don't hold your breath on the "crooks" getting voted out anytime soon. As a rule of thumb, anybody who WANTS to be a politician should automatically be excluded from EVER holding office. Period. Just thinkin' about it shows a serious lack of morality... :D

#4. :hail: Merril Hoge rocked as a Bear...and that was in the twilight of his career. It must have been BAD to watch him in his prime. I love polite, mild mannered athletes who kick butt on the field, AND, manage to do it WITHOUT 4-5 baby momma's, a golden grill, a bunch of bling, leaving their Ferrari abandoned and wrapped around a tree(or worse), or ending-up with anybody shot in their immediate vicinity(or shooting themselves).
:hail: Heck, he still kicks butt as a commentator on TV.

Welcome to Illinois friends! The only state to have two, YES COUNT 'EM, 2 Governor's convicted of felonies! I wonder if they'll get to share a cozy minimum security cell at the country club (er' ahem) I mean prison. :eyebrows:
:lol:
I feel so dang proud...:clap:

Sniff...'scuse me here, I need a minute :p

CG

black86glhs
08-21-2010, 12:55 AM
But Chicago is 6 hours away!!!! How do you expect me to drive that far? It is an L-body for Christ sake!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

supercrackerbox
08-21-2010, 01:46 AM
But Chicago is 6 hours away!!!! How do you expect me to drive that far? It is an L-body for Christ sake!!!!!

Drive faster . . . :p

Compared to driving to two SDACs in Cincinatti, Chicago will be a nothing commute for me. Not promising that I'll be there, but I'll do my best. Already contemplating which car to start prepping . . .

black86glhs
08-21-2010, 02:09 AM
Drive faster . . . :p

Compared to driving to two SDACs in Cincinatti, Chicago will be a nothing commute for me. Not promising that I'll be there, but I'll do my best. Already contemplating which car to start prepping . . .LOL....I guarantee the throttle will stick at full throttle many times on the trip!:eyebrows:;)

supercrackerbox
08-21-2010, 03:05 AM
Reminds me of the time I drove the GLHS to Denver. Got the needle wrapped all the way around to 10mph for a while. I miss driving that car.

cobra2411
08-21-2010, 11:13 AM
I swear officer! I was only doing 10mph.... :D

86seeS
08-21-2010, 08:24 PM
my gps has top speed settings on it clocked my at 123mph on the way to sdac20 on I-70 racing a GTP....... he had no chance hahahaha

cordes
08-22-2010, 12:27 AM
Weren't you living in Detroit in 1997? or Indiana in 1998? or Detroit in 2000?

I guess I could clarify by saying, closest one to me since I was a teenager, or perhaps closest one since I've actually owned a TM.

Grr... Another communist state... Detroit would have been better IMO... But not my decision so I'll just suck it up...

Hopefully we can get a hotel that's a little friendlier...

IL isn't too bad. I could never live up toward Chicago though. The taxes alone would be the end of me.

JetBlue rules, nice seats and your own little game screen in the headrest in front of you for $5:thumb:

$5 to play a video game on a plane? I'll need to bust out my monocle and smoking jacket to roll with you guys. ;)

csxtra
08-22-2010, 12:42 AM

Why do that, when you can get these?
http://www.sporkandknife.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/mos-bacon-bar.jpg

http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/category/bacon_and_chocolate

They come in Milk and Dark chocolate...and I recently saw them for sale in Chicagoland.:thumb:

All the more reason to have SDAC-21 in Chi-Town :D

Lotashelbys
08-22-2010, 02:36 AM
my gps has top speed settings on it clocked my at 123mph on the way to sdac20 on I-70 racing a GTP....... he had no chance hahahaha

Nice I have 151 on my GPS from a few runs up and down I70......

ljbprrfmof
08-22-2010, 07:49 AM
Do your GPS' have a funtion to show current speed? How does that compare to speed registered on the cars speedometer?

86seeS
08-22-2010, 08:50 AM
Do your GPS' have a funtion to show current speed? How does that compare to speed registered on the cars speedometer?

mine does and its right on

ljbprrfmof
08-22-2010, 10:13 AM
I was expecting the car's speedo would have the error.

BadAssPerformance
08-22-2010, 10:23 AM
That depends on the tire size ... they used 3 speedo gears in our cars for about 9 or 10 different tire sizes, so some are dead on, some are off by 5 mph on the highway.

Turbo3Iroc
08-22-2010, 12:10 PM
Nice I have 151 on my GPS from a few runs up and down I70......

I found out my GPS topped out at 115, wonder where? Haha

cobra2411
08-22-2010, 08:12 PM

I found out my GPS topped out at 115, wonder where? Haha

Glad to see I wasn't the only one doing triple digits on I70... :evil:

86seeS
08-22-2010, 08:29 PM
i live 1 mile from I-70 tripple digits accure weekly hahaha

ljbprrfmof
08-22-2010, 09:35 PM
Dang, don't the cops know about that highway?

black86glhs
08-22-2010, 10:39 PM
Dang, don't the cops know about that highway?That is why I liked my 96 caprice. I used to go around Columbus at 90+ mph and a few over 110. :D

86seeS
08-22-2010, 11:30 PM
they dont really patrol it much arould my exits and a got a few cop friends do you know that a charger patrol car shuts down at 130mph hahaha wierd how i know that lol

R/T
08-24-2010, 12:27 PM
Chicago = TOLL BOOTHS!!!!! :banghead::mecry::yuck::(

( I'll be there.... )

22shelby
08-24-2010, 01:21 PM
if any of you have "EZ-Pass" it works on IL tolls.... just say'n.....and there alt routes for the toll system too.... i live here and dont use the toll roads.....be patient... the plans are in full swing here,
as some really great ideas were discussed at our meeting....that is all....

supercrackerbox
08-25-2010, 03:12 AM
Bah, unless the tolls have increased significantly since I was last there, it's (literally) pocket change.

sdac guy
08-25-2010, 05:47 AM
The tolls in Chicago can't be anywhere near as much at the Ohio & PA Turnpike charges some of us paid a couple times the last few years. It was about $25 one way to SDAC-20 for me.

Barry

ATaylorRacing
08-25-2010, 07:31 AM
Since I sell rims and do my own deliveries I have a loaded up I-Pass so I don't have to stop at any toll booths...that mainly are bothersome due to the time spent at each. I R READY for 21 and will commute from Kokomo, unless the gas costs more than the CHEAP hotels I stay at.

Aries_Turbo
08-28-2010, 12:34 PM
IL isn't too bad. I could never live up toward Chicago though. The taxes alone would be the end of me.

http://www.statepolicyindex.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/freeplot.png

trust me... its bad.... but then again i live in NY which is worse!! at least economically.

ill be there. with lasky the gazer flying, ill have to get a car together to drive!

Brian

Johnny
08-28-2010, 03:49 PM
And I thought Oregon was bad, don't think I could live back east.

cordes
08-29-2010, 07:03 AM
http://www.statepolicyindex.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/freeplot.png

trust me... its bad.... but then again i live in NY which is worse!! at least economically.

ill be there. with lasky the gazer flying, ill have to get a car together to drive!

Brian

What I intended to say was that IL isn't too bad where I live. The authorities tend to not notice or look the other way at many things down here which would have you in the clink near Chicago.

Aries_Turbo
08-29-2010, 07:50 AM
same with me too in NY. i live out in the middle of nowhere where people leave you alone.

brian

minigts
08-29-2010, 08:31 AM
Just move to TN. It's great here.

Aries_Turbo
08-29-2010, 11:21 AM
i want to..... my wife doesnt wanna move away from her family unless i am totally serious and find a job first.

i either wanna move to TN or western VA... near salem/roanoke area. i could transfer to the branch office there.

Brian

2.216VTurbo
08-30-2010, 12:25 PM

I had the time to visit the link and check out this track, this would be something even attendees/GF's/Wives *without* a car:o could particiapate in Barry. We gotta do this:amen:

Plus, we have a guy in the inside here:evil: It doesn't say it on the site but cant we run cars here too Jackson?:eyebrows:

sdac guy
08-30-2010, 12:54 PM
It does sound interesting for sure. Might be better to look at lodging in the Rockford area? That would have a plus of getting us away from the touristy lake area.

Makes the drive to Da' Grove and car show a little longer (about an hour maybe?).

I was also going to check with Phil Wickes to see if, by chance, he has anything planned at Blackhawk Farms again. So far his website only has this year's events and none are near there.

Barry

Lotashelbys
08-30-2010, 05:53 PM
Barry I already talked to the owner of the track here(my boss) and he said if we have have 30 or more paid entries($80) for the go-kart race then the autocross would be FREE!!!! If this were to work we could have either a full private day Monday or Tuesday for the club.

Yes Alan we can run cars. We usually have 2 autocrosses here a year for local sports car clubs. We have a AMB computerized scoring system that we use for the karts and would just mount on the cars for the timed runs for the autocross.

Also if Rockford is a thought for lodging you can look at the Clock Tower Resort area. Its right off I-90 and very easy to get to.

22shelby
08-30-2010, 05:57 PM
hey jackson, i also told you of that other hotel off 90, have u had a chance to check that out???? the brand new Holiday Inn express, theres nothing "express" looks pretty damn nice from what i see.... confrence roons, swimmin pools , movie stars.... well mabye not MS but there looks to be a service road right behind the hotel:eyebrows:

now im not say'n, im just say'n

BadAssPerformance
08-30-2010, 06:25 PM
Yo Jackson.. you got a PM coming...

168glhs1986
08-30-2010, 06:42 PM
Barry I already talked to the owner of the track here(my boss) and he said if we have have 30 or more paid entries($80) for the go-kart race then the autocross would be FREE!!!! If this were to work we could have either a full private day Monday or Tuesday for the club.

Yes Alan we can run cars. We usually have 2 autocrosses here a year for local sports car clubs. We have a AMB computerized scoring system that we use for the karts and would just mount on the cars for the timed runs for the autocross.

Also if Rockford is a thought for lodging you can look at the Clock Tower Resort area. Its right off I-90 and very easy to get to.

Go Kart racing, are you kidding me. That's almost the most fun on 4 wheels you can have. Count me in. The most fun you can have on 4 wheels is the Free Autocrossing. All in.

ljbprrfmof
08-30-2010, 07:05 PM

Do they have a sniper area there?

Twisted Noodle
08-30-2010, 08:10 PM
Jackson, can I bring my own Kart??? lol I dont have a TM anymore so I have to bring Sumthin.

Bucs, I'll have my truck (hopefully) something even you can stretch out in the back seat... I'll have another car by next year so we'll have to plan something. I think the road trip out there is all part of the fun...

Lotashelbys
08-30-2010, 08:31 PM
Jackson, can I bring my own Kart??? lol I dont have a TM anymore so I have to bring Sumthin.

Ya you can run it in the autocross timed runs but not in the go kart race. All the karts in the race will be identically prepared my myself rental karts that we run everyday here in rental races. They go 50mph and pull 2 Gs

sdac guy
08-30-2010, 10:00 PM

Also if Rockford is a thought for lodging you can look at the Clock Tower Resort area. Its right off I-90 and very easy to get to.I doubt if we would get 30 people for karting at $80 each. Heck we only get a few more than 30 for drag racing at less than $80 each. The last two times we've done an autocross we only got 33 people at $25 each.

For an autocross, is the facility self insured for us, or do we need to obtain liability insurance? If we need to get our own, that is a deal killer for sure.

Barry

Dave
08-30-2010, 11:08 PM
We'll try to make it out this time. :thumb:

Aries_Turbo
08-30-2010, 11:11 PM

Bucs, I'll have my truck (hopefully) something even you can stretch out in the back seat... I'll have another car by next year so we'll have to plan something. I think the road trip out there is all part of the fun...

im hammering some other projects out before winter so when spring hits, i can hammer out the daytona. :) im bringing a car. :) really though, i could just toss a trans in the k car and bring it, but i want to start prepping that car for ridiculousness and start driving the daytona. :)

you still have your Pt right?

Brian

Twisted Noodle
08-30-2010, 11:16 PM
Ya you can run it in the autocross timed runs but not in the go kart race. All the karts in the race will be identically prepared my myself rental karts that we run everyday here in rental races. They go 50mph and pull 2 Gs

My car does 60+ on a short dirt track going sideways...lol Not sure how many G's but I have an outlaw flathead 5hp Briggs pulling probably 14-18hp. I sold my dirt kart but I still have my road course kart. I'll just have to knock the dust off it.

86seeS
08-30-2010, 11:44 PM
but me and the GF down for the carts and autocross bringing 2 cars this year!

glhs727
08-31-2010, 08:40 AM
I doubt if we would get 30 people for karting at $80 each. Heck we only get a few more than 30 for drag racing at less than $80 each. The last two times we've done an autocross we only got 33 people at $25 each.

For an autocross, is the facility self insured for us, or do we need to obtain liability insurance? If we need to get our own, that is a deal killer for sure.

Barry

But don't forget, drag racing requires you bring your OWN car and beat the hell out of it, and hope it doesn't break becuase you need it to get home. The go cart racing requires zero investment, don't have to bring anything with you, and who cares if it breaks!!! it's not your ride home:D
Plus the whole family can race, so more potential entries. I know you can count on at least 4 entries just from my family alone, whereas if it were drag racing it would only be one entry....
maybe we shoudl start a list? and see how many would be willing then take that total and divide by 2, just to be safe...

Also how about the Beloit area for a hotel? It is between the go cart track and the drag strip. It is a college town so there should be plenty of lodging, but since it is summer, rates and availability should be really good.

Later,
Cindy

22shelby
08-31-2010, 09:09 AM
haha were only 2 months out from 20.... still WAY too early to plan all this stuff.... our next meeting is the 3rd weekend of sept, we'll be discussing a lil more in detail where, what, and when....

mcsvt
08-31-2010, 09:13 AM
How many people went carting 2(?) years ago? I guess it wasn't an "official" event, but didn't seem like that much turnout. I had a great time though and would do it at $80 and a free auto-x.

Reeves
08-31-2010, 10:00 AM
But don't forget, drag racing requires you bring your OWN car and beat the hell out of it, and hope it doesn't break becuase you need it to get home. The go cart racing requires zero investment, don't have to bring anything with you, and who cares if it breaks!!! it's not your ride home:D
Plus the whole family can race, so more potential entries. I know you can count on at least 4 entries just from my family alone, whereas if it were drag racing it would only be one entry....
maybe we shoudl start a list? and see how many would be willing then take that total and divide by 2, just to be safe...

Later,
Cindy

I don't want to sound negative, but at SDAC-19 we had a karting event that was only $17 for each 8 minute session and we didn't get 30 people I don't think.

How many people went carting 2(?) years ago? I guess it wasn't an "official" event, but didn't seem like that much turnout. I had a great time though and would do it at $80 and a free auto-x.

Right, I would also be willing to do the $80 because of the free auto-cross included. Just not sure how many others would be in. This may have to be a send your money up front type of event.

89ShelbyGuy
08-31-2010, 10:31 AM
Well....i am down for anything at sdac 21...add 2 for cart racing from me.....it will be my first sdac event :clap: and ill be trailering out my shelby and running it full on for the first time...if i blow up the motor, i blow it up..oh well...lol

Tom

22shelby
08-31-2010, 11:07 AM
YES!!!!! thats the spirit!!!!

sdac guy
08-31-2010, 12:06 PM

Also how about the Beloit area for a hotel? It is between the go cart track and the drag strip. It is a college town so there should be plenty of lodging, but since it is summer, rates and availability should be really good.

Later,
Cindy

Cindy,
I don't question your intentions at all, and I applaud your enthusiasm, but I just don't believe you will pop $320 for 4 people to go karting. If you do, I will be the first to admit I was wrong. :D

In general different events in threads like this seem to have a lot of support until the money needs to be collected. The dyno day last year is an excellent example. We barely got 5 people to sign up for it. The 5th one on the day the decision needed to be made (last minute). We only needed 10, we got 5, yet the dyno day thread initially had a bunch of enthusiasm in it.

Surprisingly, the autocross thread for this past year only had 20 people say they would run and we got 33. That is a notable exception to what is the norm for stuff like this. So I won't say it is impossible to get 30 karters at $80 each, but I think it is very unlikely to get even 20.

Barry

BadAssPerformance
08-31-2010, 12:21 PM
After the car show, drag racing, auto cross, and karting, we're gonna have a road course and Carroll Shelby is giving piggy-back rides in the infield! :D ;)

OK, sarcasm is lost on the internet ...

BUT

This a good time to point out that the only things for sure on the schedule are a car show and a drag race, locations still TBD... everthing else TBD...

So... let us do our job here at SDAC-Chicagoland as we start the planning and please use all of this enthusiasm and time working on those beautiful Shelby Dodges and Turbo Mopars so we can have the biggest turnout ever! :clap:

cordes
08-31-2010, 12:48 PM
After the car show, drag racing, auto cross, and karting, we're gonna have a road course and Carroll Shelby is giving piggy-back rides in the infield! :D ;)

BUT

This a good time to point out that the only things for sure on the schedule are a car show and a drag race, locations still TBD... everthing else TBD...

So... let us do our job here at SDAC-Chicagoland as we start the planning and please use all of this enthusiasm and time working on those beautiful Shelby Dodges and Turbo Mopars so we can have the biggest turnout ever! :clap:

Fingers crossed that the piggy back rides end up being free.

ljbprrfmof
08-31-2010, 12:55 PM
Do youever wonder if Carroll monitors this forum?

sy2206
08-31-2010, 12:58 PM
I was also going to check with Phil Wickes to see if, by chance, he has anything planned at Blackhawk Farms again. So far his website only has this year's events and none are near there.

Barry

SWEET!!!!!! Yes, please do!! That would be awesome!!

And yeah, I'd probably be in for a cart race and autox for $80.

blk86trbo
08-31-2010, 01:01 PM
Carting sounds like a good time, and since it's going to be local I intend to do some drag racing...now I just have to find a car hauler to transport my jalopies

cordes
08-31-2010, 01:02 PM

I'm sure he does. That's why he contacted JT to offer the piggy back rides. (still hoping they are free)

Reeves
08-31-2010, 01:04 PM
I'm sure he does. That's why he contacted JT to offer the piggy back rides. (still hoping they are free)

I heard they will be $20. So, we'll probably only have about 5 people sign up.

cordes
08-31-2010, 01:10 PM
I heard they will be $20. So, we'll probably only have about 5 people sign up.

You're right. I'm out on this one. If it's free to watch I'll do that though.

Bozo
08-31-2010, 03:27 PM
Carting sounds like a good time, and since it's going to be local I intend to do some drag racing...now I just have to find a car hauler to transport my jalopies

Paul - Depending on how local you are, I can trailer a few but only one at a time after I arrive!!

This all sounds way too cool. There is no reason the Clown Car SHOULDN'T be running right by SDAC and, I have added some suspension parts so I may partake in the autocross. :eyebrows: At this time, there will only be one from my camp dragging, karting and X-crossing, but if I can get a couple more to travel with me, I will. And, like Tom (89ShelbyGuy) stated, if it blows up, oh well!! I have truck/trailer, will travel!!! This is going to be SO much fun!!!!

Lastly, I was one of the few that expressed interest in the dyno day this year but didn't do it and I apologize. The biggest reason was I didn't have enough vacation days left and had to return to continue making $$$ to dump into the Clown Car!! '11, Good Lord willing, will be different as I have the days saved and ready to go!!

Did I state yet how much fun SDAC 21 is going to be?!?!

ljbprrfmof
08-31-2010, 06:36 PM
Did I state yet how much fun SDAC 21 is going to be?!?!

Yes you did, but I thought you were clowning around. :p

Warren Stramer
08-31-2010, 07:19 PM
Just found this thread and I'm very excited to read about Chicago SDAC! Just might have to rejoin SDAC club. I already told the wifey I will be gone that week. and my car even runs again YOOHOO!!

cordes
08-31-2010, 07:26 PM
Just found this thread and I'm very excited to read about Chicago SDAC! Just might have to rejoin SDAC club. I already told the wifey I will be gone that week. and my car even runs again YOOHOO!!

I'll be very happy to finally see your car and to meet you Warren.

BadAssPerformance
08-31-2010, 08:21 PM

AWESOME Warren! :thumb:

168glhs1986
08-31-2010, 09:49 PM

Caroll doesn't but I know one of his underlings does. He made me take my avatar down. It was a picture of Carroll with his GLHS #001. D-Bag move for sure.

cordes
08-31-2010, 10:09 PM
Caroll doesn't but I know one of his underlings does. He made me take my avatar down. It was a picture of Carroll with his GLHS #001. D-Bag move for sure.

Surly you can't be serious? I'm all for vigorous trademark protection, but jeez.

135sohc
08-31-2010, 10:13 PM
I guarantee you his legal dept keeps an eye on this place. Gotta keep the money flowing somehow...

Aries_Turbo
08-31-2010, 10:18 PM
lame. its just history pure and simple.

Brian

ljbprrfmof
08-31-2010, 10:24 PM
So what would happen if you had a picture of your glovebox door with his autograph on it? Something which he gave you, either for a fee or for free.

cordes
08-31-2010, 10:26 PM
So what would happen if you had a picture of your glovebox door with his autograph on it? Something which he gave you, either for a fee or for free.

Probably a grey area in the law's eyes. I'm sure he has his signature trademarked. However is you paid for it and are representing it solely as your personal belonging it would probably be a waste of his time to go to court over it.

glhs0426
08-31-2010, 10:57 PM
Well the wife has Chicago on the to do list for the kids before they fly the coop. I'm bringing the whole family. Not sure they will ride in the junkyard on wheels, but the 8v C.O.P. Spirit will be there in it's MegaSquirt finest.

Dave
09-01-2010, 07:47 AM

BUT

Make sure to pick a hotel with a decent burnout box. :thumb:

shadow88
09-02-2010, 11:31 AM
Ouch, 9.5 hour drive :mad:

cordes
09-02-2010, 11:49 AM

Oh, come on now. a 9 hour drive isn't too bad at all.

Bozo
09-02-2010, 11:51 AM

If we use that track and the hotel is in the Rockford, IL area, it will be a 14 hr drive for me and that's NOT counting the Chicago traffic :eek:. The only upside is I can stop in the Indy area to see my kids to break the trip up.

Reeves
09-02-2010, 12:58 PM
Not NEAR as far as Topeka, KS in 105 degree heat! ;)

22shelby
09-02-2010, 01:31 PM
If we use that track and the hotel is in the Rockford, IL area, it will be a 14 hr drive for me and that's NOT counting the Chicago traffic :eek:. The only upside is I can stop in the Indy area to see my kids to break the trip up.
we did 14hrs to hagerstown, its not to bad....

BadAssPerformance
09-02-2010, 01:34 PM

AFTER a full day at another event :rockon:

22shelby
09-02-2010, 01:50 PM
AFTER a full day at another event :rockon:
iron man across half the US!!!! yeah dude i figured we were up for at least 40 straight hours, got about a total of 1 hour shut eye in the most uncomfortable truck. it didnt help that my hauler didnt show up till after 11pm either....

ahhh minor set back for timeless memories!!!!

BOOYA!!!!

:lol:

Bozo
09-02-2010, 02:12 PM

Oh, I totally agree! The worst part I think will be going through the Chicago area, otherwise, not a bad trip at all. I can't wait!!!

89ShelbyGuy
09-02-2010, 02:44 PM
Damn...an hour drive for me....what the hell....:evil:

:p

Reeves
09-02-2010, 02:52 PM
Damn...an hour drive for me....what the hell....:evil:

:p

I didn't think you could even get across the street in Chicago in an hour? :confused2:

22shelby
09-02-2010, 09:06 PM
this is a true statement....^^^^^

if yall plan your route to drive thru here after 11am and be for 2pm, and after 7pm to befor 5 am your all good!!!

you come thru during rush hour, well your going to get the best of what chicago traffic is....

BadAssPerformance
09-02-2010, 09:10 PM
Yeah... we'll have construction and traffic pattern updates to distribute before the event for sure!

22shelby
09-02-2010, 09:12 PM
Oh, I totally agree! The worst part I think will be going through the Chicago area, otherwise, not a bad trip at all. I can't wait!!!
interstate 74 to 39 north in IL check it out on the map, come this way and your gold, of course pending on location around here ;)

86seeS
09-03-2010, 12:09 AM
11hour drive (i think) to hagerstown itll be about 4 hours to chicago

rx2mazda
09-04-2010, 12:16 AM
I went to Jacksons place in WI and had a blast at the track!!!!!!! Those carts are badass and so is the coarse. I can see a bunch of us crazy guys battling it out in the carts. I think it would be a great spot for the autoX too. Can't wait to go back and get some more seat time.

I also had fun blasting off the AR-15 and Ak47 too!

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l71/rx2mazda/IMG_20100824_095355.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l71/rx2mazda/IMG_20100824_094339.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l71/rx2mazda/IMG_20100824_094619.jpg

135sohc
09-04-2010, 12:31 AM
Just like home huh ?

2.216VTurbo
09-04-2010, 12:32 AM
Gansta yo!:eyebrows: Jackson's farm=David's farm? Start growing weed and doing crazy stunts with motorhomes and backhoes and it's a push:lol:

Reeves
09-04-2010, 08:02 AM
I went to Jacksons place in WI and had a blast at the track!!!!!!! Those carts are badass and so is the coarse. I can see a bunch of us crazy guys battling it out in the carts. I think it would be a great spot for the autoX too. Can't wait to go back and get some more seat time.

Where's the pics of Chicken Girl? :confused2:

rx2mazda
09-04-2010, 02:03 PM
Where's the pics of Chicken Girl? :confused2:

The pics I took of her are not appropriate for tm.com. :evil:

BadAssPerformance
09-04-2010, 03:21 PM

Wow, does Jackson know? :eek:

168glhs1986
09-04-2010, 10:31 PM
Surly you can't be serious? I'm all for vigorous trademark protection, but jeez.

I wasn't happy for sure, especially when he's the one who sent me the picture in the first place. Said I could use it for personal use and not to profit from it, then he pulls that move. It does make a nice frame with my original window sticker signed by him.

Aries_Turbo
09-05-2010, 01:36 AM
if you have documentation saying that you are welcome to use it for personal use without profit, then post it up like you had it and when the crybabies come in, post the documentation and tell them to hush...

Brian

2.216VTurbo
09-05-2010, 01:50 AM
I wasn't happy for sure, especially when he's the one who sent me the picture in the first place. Said I could use it for personal use and not to profit from it, then he pulls that move. It does make a nice frame with my original window sticker signed by him.

I'm making a call to SAI in the morning concerning you posting for profit the photo that has been restricted from this and other sites...

I have also quoted Brian's declaration that it is permitted to use it here. Our attournies will not rest until this site has been deactivated...

Laywers, The worlds 2nd oldest profession:mad:

ljbprrfmof
09-05-2010, 09:22 AM
Laywers, The worlds 2nd oldest profession

Same as the oldest, just a different division. One is consenting to you boinking rights, and the other is boinking you without your consent.

Reeves
09-05-2010, 01:33 PM

you've got my email :eyebrows:

22shelby
09-05-2010, 01:49 PM
lol i want mail too......lol

86seeS
09-05-2010, 09:12 PM
1985glh@gmail.com

turboshad
09-06-2010, 02:04 PM

Cry me a freekin river. I was thinking I would skip this year after the marathon to MD and wait for it to be in Chicago the year after. Now that it is this coming year I just may have to get out again. That would make it an easy 24hr drive. Stop at Shadow's place and make sure he comes this year and a it's nice 2 day trip. :clap:

BadAssPerformance
09-06-2010, 09:04 PM
Cry me a freekin river. I was thinking I would skip this year after the marathon to MD and wait for it to be in Chicago the year after. Now that it is this coming year I just may have to get out again. That would make it an easy 24hr drive. Stop at Shadow's place and make sure he comes this year and a it's nice 2 day trip. :clap:

You better! :nod:

22shelby
09-06-2010, 10:12 PM
ill second that DJ!!!! your car is too pretty to not have at 21....

86seeS
09-07-2010, 01:42 AM
ill second that DJ!!!! your car is too pretty to not have at 21....

i got to admire it all the way to SDAC 20 mainly the rear bumper

cordes
09-07-2010, 09:54 PM

[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l71/rx2mazda/IMG_20100824_094339.jpg[

[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l71/rx2mazda/IMG_20100824_094619.jpg[/

You lack trigger discipline.

Dave
01-29-2011, 10:48 PM
Do we have an official schedule yet? We're thinking about coming still.

sdac guy
01-29-2011, 11:03 PM
Do we have an official schedule yet? We're thinking about coming still.
LOL

Nope. Not a single event is firm as yet. But we are on time in our plans, hotel should be announced sometime in March, list of events and tentative schedule after that. Be patient, please.

But for those that want to plan their vacations, we are pretty much looking at our "standard" schedule. And that means we start the Saturday of the weekend after Fathers day and run through Tuesday or Wednesday of the following week. On the calendar that is Saturday June 25 through the 28 or 29th.

Barry

86seeS
01-29-2011, 11:12 PM
Im like a kid with a suger high..... I WANT TO KNOW NOW

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Junes gana be awesome I got hot rod power tour 2 weeks before sdac 21!

Dave
01-29-2011, 11:31 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, Barry. Wifey wants to do some sight seeing around Chicage so it sounds like we may be going. I'm a tad skeptical about driving the van 8 hours there though. :(

Shadow
01-31-2011, 03:42 PM

Sounds like a plan!

I have No excusses this year, the wife has already booked 2 weeks off starting 2 days before SDAC and it's only 16-18hr away! So one way or another, we'll be there! :nod:

Reeves
01-31-2011, 03:48 PM
Sounds like a plan!

I have No excusses this year, the wife has already booked 2 weeks off starting 2 days before SDAC and it's only 16-18hr away! So one way or another, we'll be there! :nod:

Woot!

This is going to be FUN!

Can't wait to have some new comers and some old comers. (that don't sound right....but oh well).

Stramer....you still plan on coming out right?

Too bad some people will be in the new Outlaw class this year.... (not street legal)

........lol........
:eyebrows:

Last edited by Reeves; Today at 10:38 AM.

The above statement was meant to be a joke but may or may not have been taken as one. Names have been removed to keep from being offensive. No harm to humans or animals are/were intended. Read at your own risk. Parental advisory - explicit lyrics. Text may contain explicit materials some readers may find objectionable, parental guidance is advised. Keep away from sunlight. Keep away from pets and small children. Limit one-per-family please. No money down. No purchase necessary. You need not be present to win. Some assembly required. Batteries not included.

cordes
01-31-2011, 04:06 PM
Woot!

This is going to be FUN!

Can't wait to have some new comers and some old comers. (that don't sound right....but oh well).

Stramer....you still plan on coming out right?

Too bad Slowe, Stramer, and Pachner will be in the new Outlaw class this year.... (not street legal)

........lol........

There are going to be some really fast folks coming out for sure.

DodgeZ
01-31-2011, 04:12 PM
Sounds like a lot of people are going to be coming at the same time. This could get sticky.

cordes
01-31-2011, 04:17 PM
So long as they are still spelling it c-o-m-e I'm fine with it.

Reeves
01-31-2011, 04:22 PM
Will that make this thread a sticky?

DodgeZ
01-31-2011, 04:54 PM
So long as they are still spelling it c-o-m-e I'm fine with it.

Did sum thing happen where they changed the spelling?

ATaylorRacing
01-31-2011, 06:08 PM
Woot!

......Can't wait to have some new comers and some old comers. (that don't sound right....but oh well).....

Are you talking about me????
Am I considered an old comer considering I am 59 and the kid is only 4?

cordes
01-31-2011, 06:14 PM
Did sum thing happen where they changed the spelling?

I've traditionally spelled what you guys are alluding to cum.

DodgeZ
01-31-2011, 06:19 PM
I've traditionally spelled what you guys are alluding to cum.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnddddd you just killed the joke.

cordes
01-31-2011, 07:40 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnddddd you just killed the joke.

Thanks. It's one of my specialties.

Reeves
01-31-2011, 08:23 PM
Are you talking about me????

Of COURSE we are talking about you! You're kind of a big deal....

BadAssPerformance
01-31-2011, 08:34 PM
Too bad Slowe, Stramer, and Pachner will be in the new Outlaw class this year.... (not street legal)

........lol........

Unless Rob's doing major surgery his car is more street legal than yours ;)

Shadow
01-31-2011, 10:53 PM

Ouch! :wow1:

22shelby
01-31-2011, 10:59 PM
hey we got a few roads a short hop skip and a jump away... we can prove "street car" ... the best part, by june, there will be more hook in it than just about any NHRA track.

Dave
01-31-2011, 11:04 PM

lol Robs car actually seemed to ride pretty nice... granted that was like 4 years ago. ;)

I can't wait for more drunk burnouts. I think the wife is scared...

DodgeZ
01-31-2011, 11:59 PM
lol Robs car actually seemed to ride pretty nice... granted that was like 4 years ago. ;)

I can't wait for more drunk burnouts. I think the wife is scared...

you are married?

moparman76_69
02-01-2011, 12:47 AM

Yeah I feel sorry for that wall.

you are married?

LOL you don't keep up. I think Reeves is gettin' hitched between now and then too. Mine's in a couple of weeks. It'll be her first one. She was with me at 19 but not there for parking lot antics lol.

rx2mazda
02-01-2011, 01:04 AM

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l71/rx2mazda/gayball3.jpg

;)

Dave
02-01-2011, 09:24 AM
you are married?

Ya man. September last year. Where have you been? lol I only really announced it in my build thread for the red minivan.

What are you bringing to SDAC, Kevin? Are the dogs coming to? :D

Yeah I feel sorry for that wall.

LOL you don't keep up. I think Reeves is gettin' hitched between now and then too. Mine's in a couple of weeks. It'll be her first one. She was with me at 19 but not there for parking lot antics lol.

Congrats to both. :nod:

Reeves
02-01-2011, 10:55 AM

Ouch. Burn.

Rob had to concrete his block to keep it from cracking.

And you're actually going to have yours OFF the trailer at SDAC besides at the drag strip?

BadAssPerformance
02-01-2011, 11:11 AM
Ouch. Burn.

And you're actually going to have yours OFF the trailer at SDAC besides at the drag strip?

Wasnt meant to be a burn as much as pointing out the facts... he has glass, you have lexan, etc. Any idea how light your car these days?

A filled block is still street legal, just cant drive as far... but since he did that is he going light weight and lexan? If so, he's in the 9's! :nod:

LOL... just cuz its on a trailer doesn't mean its not a street car, you know that ;)

In that one pic tho, I didn't feel like unloading it at the car show after driving thru the night to get there, plus no room in my little truck for an extra set of tires to cruise it but really, last year sucked after finding the bad oil pump and then running with worn bearings, etc, crossing fingers on every pass... :(

Now that I think the oil pump situation is figured out I'm planning to put a ton of street miles on it this year :nod:

...Still not crazy enough to drive it to the track like DJ tho :hail:

Reeves
02-01-2011, 11:29 AM
A filled block is still street legal, just cant drive as far...

True.... I'll take him off the Outlaw list. LOL.

...Still not crazy enough to drive it to the track like DJ tho :hail:

:hail:

DodgeZ
02-01-2011, 11:34 AM
Ya man. September last year. Where have you been? lol I only really announced it in my build thread for the red minivan.

What are you bringing to SDAC, Kevin? Are the dogs coming to? :D

Prolly why I didn't see it. If I go this year I'll most likely fly. With diesel expedited to be 4 bucks a gallon this summer the 2400 mile trip is going to be a bit too much. 640 bucks in fuel is what I am guessing at 4 bucks a gallon and 15mpg. I want to make it this year, not sure if I can swing it, buying a new house and moving broke the bank. If I haul a car up there the trip is going to be roughly 1300bucks I'd guess. I'll bring the rotts if I drive up there.

Aries_Turbo
02-01-2011, 11:37 AM
why not just drive one of the srt's?

dodgeshadowchik
02-01-2011, 11:40 AM
In that one pic tho, I didn't feel like unloading it at the car show after driving thru the night to get there, plus no room in my little truck for an extra set of tires to cruise it

that's ok. you know you can pile those wheels on my lap. lol... BUT the truck shouldn't be an issue this year since it's local. so no excuses, mister!
Yeah, DJ is insane; but in a very good way. :)

cordes
02-01-2011, 12:06 PM
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l71/rx2mazda/gayball3.jpg[]

;)

That is a very funny photo. Good stuff.

Ouch. Burn.

Zing!

Prolly why I didn't see it. If I go this year I'll most likely fly. With diesel expedited to be 4 bucks a gallon this summer the 2400 mile trip is going to be a bit too much. 640 bucks in fuel is what I am guessing at 4 bucks a gallon and 15mpg. I want to make it this year, not sure if I can swing it, buying a new house and moving broke the bank. If I haul a car up there the trip is going to be roughly 1300bucks I'd guess. I'll bring the rotts if I drive up there.

How are your dogs with other dogs?

DodgeZ
02-01-2011, 12:16 PM
why not just drive one of the srt's?
Because I am trying to keep the miles down on it, plus I don't want to be 1200 miles away beating on my car for a week and there is no way to fit all my crap. I'd prolly bring the CSX again if I go.

How are your dogs with other dogs?

Sabot is good, Shelby is a beeotch. Which reminds me, hopefully we'll have a litter in the next couple of months.

cordes
02-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Because I am trying to keep the miles down on it, plus I don't want to be 1200 miles away beating on my car for a week and there is no way to fit all my crap. I'd prolly bring the CSX again if I go.

Sabot is good, Shelby is a beeotch. Which reminds me, hopefully we'll have a litter in the next couple of months.

So you are breeding her. Sweet.

DodgeZ
02-01-2011, 12:27 PM
So you are breeding her. Sweet.

It is looking like we'll get her fixed once the puppies are gone. I was on the fence with doing it since there is always a risk with breeding a litter. Plus vet bills are going to be roughly 600 bucks up front to do it right and that is if everything goes well. She is just too bad --- to not have at least one litter. Maybe I'll have Rottweiler puppies for sale at SDAC LOL

cordes
02-01-2011, 12:28 PM
It is looking like we'll get her fixed once the puppies are gone. I was on the fence with doing it since there is always a risk with breeding a litter. Plus vet bills are going to be roughly 600 bucks up front to do it right and that is if everything goes well. She is just too bad --- to not have at least one litter. Maybe I'll have Rottweiler puppies for sale at SDAC LOL

I won't buy any, but I'll play with them for sure. This is going to be awesome.

BadAssPerformance
02-01-2011, 02:34 PM
that's ok. you know you can pile those wheels on my lap. lol... BUT the truck shouldn't be an issue this year since it's local. so no excuses, mister!
Yeah, DJ is insane; but in a very good way. :)

I know, you just want to go out cruising in it this year :) :love:

blk86trbo
02-01-2011, 02:36 PM
I know, you just want to go out cruising in it this year :) :love:

I hear ya man...I'm jones'in with my other cars put up for the winter!!!

Pat
02-01-2011, 02:48 PM
It's only February and I'm already getting depressed that I probably will not make it to SDAC this year. I have a business trip that I can't reschedule that same week. :-(

cordes
02-01-2011, 02:51 PM
It's only February and I'm already getting depressed that I probably will not make it to SDAC this year. I have a business trip that I can't reschedule that same week. :-(

Fill me in on a couple of the details, I'll impersonate you and BS the rest. I work for very modest fees.

Reeves
02-01-2011, 02:53 PM

Dang....that sucks!

But didn't you say this same thing last year?? hmmm........

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

Fill me in on a couple of the details, I'll impersonate you and BS the rest. I work for very modest fees.

Reminds me of the end of the movie "Along Came Polly....."

cordes
02-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Dang....that sucks!

But didn't you say this same thing last year?? hmmm........

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

Reminds me of the end of the movie "Along Came Polly....."

I'll have to check that one out.

Reeves
02-01-2011, 03:42 PM
I'll have to check that one out.

Jennifer Aniston! :love:

cordes
02-01-2011, 04:07 PM

She is pretty hot for sure. That combined with the fine tuning of my plan for Pat will be worth the price of admission.

Pat, do you have enough frequent flier miles to get be from my meeting to the drag strip and back to the next day's meeting in time? I don't need to fly first class, but I will need an emergency isle seat. That's nonnegotiable.

Aries_Turbo
02-01-2011, 07:18 PM
pfft, blow off work. work is never as important as hanging out and horsing around with cars. :)

Brian

BadAssPerformance
02-01-2011, 07:19 PM
+1 ... Pat you gotta make it, that race was a blast last year!

contraption22
02-01-2011, 08:45 PM

What company do you work for again? I will sabotage your career. You'll thank me later.

BadAssPerformance
02-01-2011, 09:45 PM
^^^ lol...

forcedfedmopar
02-01-2011, 10:02 PM
Im coming! hopefully getting a trailer hitch for the spirit and dollying the omni out!

Pat
02-01-2011, 11:10 PM

That could work! I've heard people at other SDAC events talking about how we could be brothers!

Dang....that sucks!

But didn't you say this same thing last year?? hmmm........[COLOR="Silver"]

[SIZE=1]----------

Year before. This business trip is unfortunately started landing the same week as SDAC the past few years. Unfortunately, I really can only miss it every other year. I missed PA, made Detroit, missed Cincy, made Hagerstown...will end up missing Chicago.

+1!!!

pfft, blow off work. work is never as important as hanging out and horsing around with cars. :)

Brian

I know....

+1 ... Pat you gotta make it, that race was a blast last year!

Tell me about it! That was the best race I've had in a while, even though I lost. I almost had you man!

What company do you work for again? I will sabotage your career. You'll thank me later.

LOL! I'll have to pass on that one. Appreciate the thoughts though!

contraption22
02-02-2011, 09:30 AM
Tell me about it! That was the best race I've had in a while, even though I lost. I almost had you man!

Sure thing, Spilner. :)

Reeves
02-02-2011, 10:07 AM
Sure thing, Spilner. :)

Granny Clutching, not WOT shifting like you should......

Pat
02-02-2011, 10:27 AM
Me: I almost had you man!

JT: You almost had me? You never had me...you never had your car.

contraption22
02-02-2011, 10:38 AM

Crowd: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

The resemblance to you both is uncanny.

Reeves
02-02-2011, 10:41 AM

Oh snap! I thought those pics were from SDAC last year? Thanks for pointing out that these are from some movie.

"Top Fuel" Bender
02-02-2011, 11:00 AM
crowd: Ooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice !! :lol:

dodgeshadowchik
02-02-2011, 11:43 AM
^^ :lol:

cordes
02-02-2011, 01:00 PM
Pat, if anyone asks I'll just discretely tell them I've started wearing lifts.

rx2mazda
02-03-2011, 03:51 AM
Pat, if anyone asks I'll just discretely tell them I've started wearing lifts.

You gonna beat my push-up record this year?

BadAssPerformance
02-03-2011, 02:11 PM

Crowd: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh snap! I thought those pics were from SDAC last year? Thanks for pointing out that these are from some movie.

LOL! I almost spit out my Ramen Noodles! :lol:

cordes
02-03-2011, 10:06 PM
You gonna beat my push-up record this year?

What is the record? Are you thinking I was talking about lifting as in weights? I was talking about the lifts you put in your shoes to make you seem taller.

Dave
02-03-2011, 10:32 PM
LOL! I almost spit out my Ramen Noodles! :lol:

lol why the hell are you eating Ramen Noodles? DOHC swaps aren't cheap I guess. :thumb:

BadAssPerformance
02-03-2011, 10:36 PM
lol why the hell are you eating Ramen Noodles? DOHC swaps aren't cheap I guess. :thumb:

I call it my HorsePower diet... its cheap so I can offord more HP... and there is no nutritional value in Ramen to it so maybe I'll lose a few pounds too, LOL... :D

But yeah, pretty sure the second oil pump took out the bottom end this time so gotta save up :(

86seeS
02-03-2011, 11:11 PM
Im on the 8valve diet...... Mac & cheese

Dave
02-03-2011, 11:15 PM
I call it my HorsePower diet... its cheap so I can offord more HP... and there is no nutritional value in Ramen to it so maybe I'll lose a few pounds too, LOL... :D

But yeah, pretty sure the second oil pump took out the bottom end this time so gotta save up :(

Ouch. Bummer mahn!

slasky
02-04-2011, 01:09 PM
Unfortunately I still think I will be missing sdac this year. :(

cordes
02-04-2011, 01:14 PM
Unfortunately I still think I will be missing sdac this year. :(

No way. I thought the whole reason you were in teaching is to make SDAC every year?

slasky
02-04-2011, 01:20 PM
No way. I thought the whole reason you were in teaching is to make SDAC every year?

It's kind of a long haul from NY. I was thinking about flying but it is around $400 + hotel + parking + food + car rental; it adds up fast.

cordes
02-04-2011, 01:25 PM
It's kind of a long haul from NY. I was thinking about flying but it is around $400 + hotel + parking + food + car rental; it adds up fast.

That's for sure. I was amazed at how much we spent last year. We were on the road for over three weeks though.

Reeves
02-04-2011, 01:48 PM
That's for sure. I was amazed at how much we spent last year. We were on the road for over three weeks though.

Always worth it though!

86seeS
02-04-2011, 02:23 PM
Sdac and power tour is going to cost me around 2500.00 this year

BadAssPerformance
02-04-2011, 02:24 PM
Sdac and power tour is going to cost me around 2500.00 this year

This guy... he's got some dedication :clap:

Aries_Turbo
02-04-2011, 02:36 PM
lasky is a vag. you just want to stay at home to gaze at dudes.

contraption22
02-04-2011, 02:45 PM

You don't have anybody to hitch a ride with?

BadAssPerformance
02-04-2011, 02:48 PM

Yeah, what about that other teacher guy with the veggie oil truck? ;)

cordes
02-04-2011, 03:00 PM
Always worth it though!

For sure. I actually can't wait to see you this year. I remember exactly where we were in our conversation when I broke it off to leave. Myself and Joy still laugh about your reaction when you saw me walking away rapidly.

This guy... he's got some dedication :clap:

That is some serious dedication for sure

This is most likely true. I heard he bought his own gazing ball and hasn't left the house since.

Free gas!!!!!

Aries_Turbo
02-04-2011, 03:24 PM
yeah he can bum a ride with me. lord knows ive bummed enough rides to sdac with him!

BadAssPerformance
02-04-2011, 03:25 PM
Watch yer nutz... lol

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

...you know he will be, LOL

slasky
02-04-2011, 03:27 PM
Just because you enjoy it doesn't mean the rest of us do.

I don't really want to spend a whole day each way in a car providing nothing breaks. Besides I have the only vehicle in WNY SDAC that was built in the 2000s and could reliably get us there and back without breaking.

See above. Maybe you remember what happened to it on the way back from Detroit.

BadAssPerformance
02-04-2011, 03:35 PM
Nope... White Castle oil break yer rear end?

Reeves
02-04-2011, 03:54 PM
Nope... White Castle oil break yer rear end?

^LOL

Made a mess!

slasky
02-04-2011, 05:16 PM
I don't ever want to have a trip like this again:

From the SDAC 15 files

Re: we broke down coming home from sdac

I just got up and I am still exhausted so will probably go back to bed in a little while. Here is what I can remember at the moment and I am sure sean and I will add to it as our brains start working again.

In the first place we were both a little tired to begin with from only getting a few hours sleep the night before we left. Actually we had little sleep the previous few nights. I think we left around 1 PM. Our first incident was my GPS. I checked it in the hotel to make sure it would follow the same route that we used to get there. It was all set but it must have rerouted itself in the parking lot. We start out and the next thing you know we are going 75 south. Luckily I quickly remembered that 75 was closed in the city. After a u turn we were headed in the right direction. When we stopped for food in Ohio we noticed that sean's fender mount on his car dolly broke. We took the fender off and went on our way.
When we reached the split for 90 from 280 I was zoned out and missed the turn to 90. With in a 1/4 mile, if even that much, I see sean's truck pull over to the side of the road. I can't pull over but I see an emergency pull off up the road so I pull in there. Sean calls and says his car just went into neutral as he was driving it. He gets it into 4wd low and makes it to the pull off area. He has AAA with plus with RV which entitles him to 200 miles of towing for his vehicle and trailer. Within 30 to 40 minutes the first truck shows up and radios his boss that the trailer is a tow dolly with a car on it. His boss tells him that AAA only covers camping trailers. His boss said he would have to charge $1000 to tow the dolly and car along with the truck. I guess he thought that we would not have any other choice. We spent the next hour or so calling a bunch of other companies until we found one that was interested in looking into towing us. The company calls AAA but the first company blew us in and informed AAA that we had a car dolly and not a camper. Sean's car that he was towing did not run so he could not even drive it. Even if he could we still had his tow dolly. We decided to pull my car off my tow dolly. We took my tow dolly apart and put it in the bed of the truck. I hooked my truck up to sean's dolly and was going to tow his car. Sean was going to drive my charger and AAA was going to tow sean's truck 200 miles to the Angola rest area on the NYS thruway. So about 3 or so hours of breaking down the Tow truck driver shows up and it starts raining on us. He was dicking around for about 40 minutes and we were soaked by the time we left. I did not care since we actually were back on the road again. When we stopped for gas we noticed that the other fender on the dolly was loose. We had to tighten up some hard to reach bolts and do some bending. Of course it starts to rain again while we are doing this. We make it to the rest stop ahead of the tow truck driver. I call AAA for my 100 mile tow so we can get sean's truck the rest of the way home. The tow truck finally gets there and then a state trooper shows up. He starts hassling the driver while he is trying to unload the truck. We go over to explain what is going on and then they start hassling us. It starts raining again. I finally get it through his pompous a$$ that Every vehicle, except the tow truck will be leaving the thruway exactly in the same configuration as we entered it. They leave and the driver starts to unload the truck. My driver shows up when sean's driver is almost done. He is a big guy and looks really pissed. He said what you are doing is illegal. I thought he was talking about the AAA stuff. He thought that the other driver was picking up the tow not dropping us off. Once he found that out he was great. We give him directions and he heads out as well as us.
Right after we make it to buffalo sean calls and says he smells tire smoke. I start to pull over and then I hear a loud explosion and bunch of noise. Somehow I manage to keep the truck under control and not SH!t my pants while I pull over to the side of the road. It starts raining again too. We put the spare on and rip the fender off. The explosion put a dent in the back part of my Vue. I think one of those paintless dent removal places should be able to take car of it.
We finally make it to Rochester and even after two Monster drinks I am really fatigued. I get confused when the road splits for 590 and I miss the exit. So I pull off and turn around We finally make it to work which is where we are planning to leave sean's truck and car. It starts raining again. As the tow truck is dumping sean's truck I am trying to unhook the dolly from my truck. I only chocked one of the car's tires and we were turned a little. As soon as we get the hitch up it snaps to the side. Amazingly we did not get hurt and nothing got damaged. The driver said he was over on mileage but was able to take care of it.
I am headed home finally! When I get there I need to swap the cars in the driveway so My wife can take the srt to work and I can unpack the Vue. I was so exhausted I had a hard time moving the cars around and of course it started to rain again.
I finally made it to bed around 5 AM. I have never been so exhausted in my life before.

cordes
02-04-2011, 05:28 PM
I don't ever want to have a trip like this again:

From the SDAC 15 files

This year you could use that wall of text as a sail to get you home.

BadAssPerformance
02-04-2011, 06:14 PM
jeeze Slasky, better sell all your cars and get a bus pass ... never gonna leave town again?

Aries_Turbo
02-04-2011, 06:44 PM
lasky is getting old. :)

Just because you enjoy it doesn't mean the rest of us do.

of course i enjoy vag. duh! :)

slasky
02-04-2011, 10:53 PM
jeeze Slasky, better sell all your cars and get a bus pass ... never gonna leave town again?

We still went to 19 and 20. I am also planning on making it to 22 if it is where I think it is going to be. Who knows, I might even make it to carlisle for the first time ever this year.

86seeS
02-04-2011, 11:11 PM
This guy... he's got some dedication :clap:power tour leaves this year in cocoa beach, FL and ends for me in Indy 6 days later should be a blast. I got a week between then to sdac 21

BadAssPerformance
02-05-2011, 10:40 AM
We still went to 19 and 20. I am also planning on making it to 22 if it is where I think it is going to be. Who knows, I might even make it to carlisle for the first time ever this year.

...liek Brian said, hitch a ride :thumb:

2.216VTurbo
02-05-2011, 09:38 PM
I'm trying to figure out what to do for SDAC thais year. Nitrous thing was fun in the 300C, kinda pointless in the Northstar Caddy tho:ballchain:. Last year buying a 'local' car and getting it there with Butch's help was cool, but a stock IROC RT is only so much fun at parking lot hyjinx and track events. I'm parking cars OUTSIDE the shop now cause it's full already:( by the tape measure it would hold 12 cars but add tools, washer/dryer/fridge/benches/racks etc and 7 cars just fit:confused: So Buying another toy to play with at SDAC is out:mecry:. That brings me back to renting something, when I was with the family in Hawaii this summer they had BRAND NEW Chally RT's for rent:eyebrows: Prolly a snowballs chance in hell finding one of those to rent anywhere near SDAC tho. I think the Hertz yellow Vette deal is over now, I tried to find one on a business trip a couple months ago and couldn't. Sooo, whats a guy like me to do for SDAC transportation? Don't bother suggesting dragging any of my crap that far, that's just too much time and effort:(