PDA

View Full Version : stud connectors; replacements available?

87glhs
08-09-2010, 02:35 PM
'87 L-body; T2

I'm having some issues with the OEM push-on elex connector that fits onto the stud of the oil pressure sending unit. I've played with it a bit, squeezing the internals a bit tighter, but it's the rubber boot that's had it and needs to be replaced.

Question--does anyone offer a crimp-on, or solder type replacement connector for this style of connector? I haven't been able to find anything locally. I know I could use a standard ring style connector instead, but would rather maintain what's on there as closely as possible.

DevoBuzz
08-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Is this what you are looking for? It's "soldout" at this site but maybe it can give you a lead to one.

http://www.repairconnector.com/products/GM-Ford-Chrysler-Universal-Stud-Socket-Pigtail-.html

there's one on Amazon too.

turbovanmanČ
08-09-2010, 03:51 PM
Just use a round bullet style connector, female side, works fine but doesn't look like stock, of course.

rbryant
08-09-2010, 05:03 PM
Those always seem to cook on the coolant temp sensor.

You could also put a ring connector on it with a nut but once again it wouldn't look stock.

-Rich

87glhs
08-09-2010, 09:05 PM
Yes, that's the one (per link above). I hadn't thought about them being used for cigarette lighter sockets--I'll have to go junking later this week and see if I can scare up a few decent ones. As always, appreciate the advice and info. :thumb:

rbryant
08-10-2010, 05:14 PM
Yes, that's the one (per link above). I hadn't thought about them being used for cigarette lighter sockets--I'll have to go junking later this week and see if I can scare up a few decent ones. As always, appreciate the advice and info. :thumb:

That is a good idea! I never thought of replacing the coolant sensor connector with the one from the cig lighter either... I may do that too.

-Rich