PDA

View Full Version : Custom Alternator Bracket kit

RMEpowerbox
06-17-2006, 09:23 AM
For those of you trying to keep air conditioning, this might help. When putting a front mount intercooler in my van, we made custom alternator brackets that move the alternator 3 inches closer to the engine, allowing the condenser to be mounted on the inside of the radiator support.

http://home.comcast.net/~rawmotorsports/parts/CAI/DSCF2328.JPG
Looking directly down at the alternator, the bracket on the radiator support is for the condenser. Fits with room to spare.

http://home.comcast.net/~rawmotorsports/parts/CAI/DSCF2329.JPG

iTurbo
06-17-2006, 04:32 PM
Cool. I could really use one of those on Omni. The NPR intercooler is damned near touching the alternator. I had to grind off the ground stud and reattach it to the other ground stud on the alt case just for the end tank to fit there.

85_600
06-18-2006, 11:08 PM
Is there someway to have one of these made for me? I need a bit more room on that side to move my radiator over for a stock IC. PM me with details if you can.

Thanks,
Paul

Oh, I have a Dodge 600, all stock for now.

DeckSetter
06-20-2006, 05:24 PM
That

Is

BRILLIANT

iTurbo
06-25-2006, 05:55 PM
Are you selling these brackets? I could really use something like this.

contraption22
06-25-2006, 06:21 PM
I may have mis-read, but are you putting the condenser behind the radiator?

RMEpowerbox
06-26-2006, 10:15 AM
On the minivan, the condenser is in front of the radiator support. I'm not very familiar with other turbo dodges, but I do know that on every turbo dodge I have seen, the alternator comes within a half inch or so of the radiator support. There is no room between the alternator and the radiator support. After close inspection of the alternator and how it is mounted, you can see that there is a ton of room between the alternator and engine to be had. So we made a bracket kit that moves the alternator approximately 3 inches closer to the engine, leaving room between the radiator support and alternator for anything - radiator, condenser, intercooler...

We can make these alternator kits, I posted this thread to see if there was any interest. Please continue to ask questions and let me know what you think.

contraption22
06-26-2006, 08:04 PM
Very nifty idea. Backyard innovation for these cars will never stop.

turbovanmanČ
06-26-2006, 08:14 PM
Great Idea, I would get one IF I hadn't already redone my setup, :nod:

WVRampage
06-26-2006, 11:52 PM
thats a great Idea I dont have A/C but on a L-Body the more room the beter.

Mario
07-02-2006, 03:43 PM
I'd be interested in one.