PDA

View Full Version : Accel Ignition Coil for dodge/jeep trucks...

inmyshadow
06-17-2006, 07:28 AM
Anybody using the Accel coil part number 140021?

I need a new coil for the shadow. I can get the accel coil for a few dollars more then a stock one.

The tip of my coil keeps rusting out. Not a good thing when running 20lbs of boost.

So I figured, whynot get a little bit more insurance. Plus i'll be throwing magnecor wires and new cap/rotor on too.

Later

iTurbo
06-17-2006, 04:37 PM
I had an Accel (oil-filled) coil on my old Omni GLH H.O. and the tip rusted out! I would stick with a Mopar OEM coil. I converted my Shelby Lancer to use the thermostat mounted E-core coil (MSD Blaster) and I'm happy with it so far. Got it at Summit.

mpgmike
06-17-2006, 10:57 PM
I've had nothing but bad luck with the Accel products. My uncle bought a new Accel coil for the 5.2 Jeep and it never made it the first mile before burning out. He bought the supposedly "tried and true" Accel Super Coil for the old Ford truck and it went out around 5k miles. I have many more horror stories about Accel products and will never buy another one again. You're much better with a Mopar coil. Personally, I have an MSD Blaster-2 on my Charger.

Mike

Clay
06-18-2006, 12:14 AM
Ive been using that coil in my Indy Ram since probably 97 or 98 with no issues.

WVRampage
06-18-2006, 10:28 PM
I had the stock replacement yellow coil and it rusted but worked fine,then got the magacor wires and needed to go with the other coil,so I got the MSD blaster.

inmyshadow
06-20-2006, 02:43 PM
Well I got the coil today. Seems to be doing the job, but my OEM coil was pretty much corroded. Awaiting my magnecor wires from FWDP later this week.

Marcus86GLHS
06-20-2006, 04:44 PM
.....gettin closer to that 12 sec. ET bud....looks good.