PDA

View Full Version : AN 85 FWDP Cal question.

85_600
06-16-2006, 11:40 PM
Since I have a modified log to be able to intercool my 600, I am considering the FWDP 1985 Stage 3 cal that is for modified T1 cars with an IC.

My question is: I would like to use a G valve to control the boost but I'm not sure if I would really need one, and, IF I did use one, what would this do to the cal's performance, since the boost would be out of it's control.

Or, would using just the stock LM with an IC and a G valve be ok. I will be using a Dawes A/F guage to monitor the fuel.

Thanks!
Paul

BadAssPerformance
06-17-2006, 01:24 AM
The LM can control the fuel / spark up to 15psi with the stock MAP setup. need to run a 3-bar and corresponding calibration to go higher.

You can run 15+ psi on the stock or MP LM's if you add more fuel. It wont know what to do and will still think it is at 15 but it still can work.

85_600
06-17-2006, 01:33 AM
I wasn't sure if the cal would be upset at a G valve being there or not. I was only considering a cal to help keep up with the psi increase.

If I were to upgrade the injectors to say, the 803's, would this be alright to run approx. 15 psi on the stock LM?

Thanks!
Paul

BadAssPerformance
06-17-2006, 01:44 AM
The LM just reads the map if you bypas sthe solenoids an drun teh grainger off the intake, it will never know what is causing the boost to increase. I forget what psi the LM goe sinto overboost at tho.

15psi with an intercooler should be ok on those injectors if they ar 32pph (which is stock 2.2L T2 or 2.5L T1) on 92 or better gas.