PDA

View Full Version : infinity display won't work

cordes
08-03-2010, 06:08 PM
I picked up an Infinity CD player today at the yard for $5. It works, but the display doesn't. Everything lights up on it except for the part where the stations should be displayed.

I have already cleaned the contacts on the back of the display. They look fine now, but still no workey.

Any ideas?

TurboRon25
08-04-2010, 03:12 AM
Like a 2000ish infinity?

If so, take off the top panel. In the corner near the dark gray multi connector there should be a couple of resistors that have "150" on them. Re-flow the solder on those.

Ron

cordes
08-04-2010, 09:13 AM
Like a 2000ish infinity?

If so, take off the top panel. In the corner near the dark gray multi connector there should be a couple of resistors that have "150" on them. Re-flow the solder on those.

Ron

Thanks Ron. If Joy ever finds the camera I will post some pics. I'll look for those resistors and report back.

raccoon
03-07-2011, 12:45 PM
any luck ive got 2 of these with the same problem. I turned the laser up on both units and they play cd-rs now but still no display, if i bang on it, it will light up sometimes. I cant locate these resistors did you ever get a picture of thisÉ

ive reflowed half the freaking board, ive been thinking about just taking a heat gun to it.
someone point it out.

cordes
03-07-2011, 12:48 PM
I was never able to fix the last one I had. I ended up destroying it in the process of fixing it. I have another one of the same type and the display will work every other blue moon.

plymouth
03-07-2011, 01:07 PM
I had the display fail on one I had I just tossed it and junkyarded another.

raccoon
03-07-2011, 01:13 PM
I grab every factory CD unit I see, about 80% of them have one problem or another. its not a bad idea to know how to fix it. especially since its just a bad joint somewhere and they all have the same fail.