PDA

View Full Version : RIP, one more CSX-T.

contraption22
07-31-2010, 11:00 AM
Jon Genesky's legendary CSX-T.

bakes
07-31-2010, 11:03 AM
pic inop.

badandy
07-31-2010, 11:12 AM
WTF? Why did he let the car end up there? I remember racing him at SDAC13 and man he was moving in that thing!

BadAssPerformance
07-31-2010, 11:25 AM
Ouch :( Looks like its still got some good parts on it too?

Anyone know what number for the RIP log?

cordes
07-31-2010, 11:27 AM
Wow, that is really too bad.

83Shelby
07-31-2010, 12:24 PM
Jon Genesky's legendary CSX-T.
Are you able to get anything off of it?

omni_840
07-31-2010, 12:28 PM
That sucks!

What was wrong with it?

Turbo3Iroc
07-31-2010, 12:49 PM
Rip csx-t #665

turbovanmanČ
07-31-2010, 01:09 PM
Rip...

shadow88
07-31-2010, 03:39 PM
Maybe a little background story? It doesn't look that bad.

BadAssPerformance
07-31-2010, 05:43 PM

+1 I'm with Jamie

contraption22
08-01-2010, 12:26 AM

He's had it since 1999. Bought it then for $200. If I remember, the car was pretty solid, but cosmetically rough. Won the CSX-T class at the SDAC13 car show despite it not having much paint at all. He continued to race it, getting it as fast as high 11's.

This car had that experimental Cliff Ramsdell trans in it with the modified synchros or something like that. I don't know how that experiment turned out.

Not sure how it ended up at the scrapper, but I think rust was a problem in recent years.

mark
08-01-2010, 12:32 AM
the one with every other syncro ground off?

BadAssPerformance
08-01-2010, 01:09 AM
Crash Box?

inplansight
08-01-2010, 02:07 AM
Are we talking WWII British tank trans here ? Simple but short life ?

Crash Box?

mopar-tech
08-01-2010, 07:07 AM
Car was starting to have major rust issues in the back, the floor was pretty much swiss cheese.

Did a lot of cal work with that car, lots of passes down RT85 and pulls on the dyno ;-)

shadow88
08-01-2010, 07:39 AM
^ sounds good. Does anybody know where these parts, and the shelby stuff may be now?

prepared
08-01-2010, 08:56 AM
A moment of silence.

RIP #665

Turbo3Iroc
08-01-2010, 10:21 AM
the one with every other syncro ground off?

Yes

Crash Box?

I think they are called that also in the RWD crowd.

Most of the parts except the trans are on his 8v Spirit R/T.

30 PSI SHADOW
08-01-2010, 11:45 AM
talked to him on phone yesterday. apparently he had been offering the car for cheap($100) and nobody wanted it. He is still looking to dish of parts for it. Now it seems as though that time has passed. Go to the yard and get what you want..

rich tideswell
08-01-2010, 05:10 PM
talked to him on phone yesterday. apparently he had been offering the car for cheap($100) and nobody wanted it...

So does anyone have a link to his "for sale" thread then? Cuz for $100 i would have snatched it up, bought a parts car for another couple hundred and fixed the floors.

DaveSkrab
08-01-2010, 05:39 PM
Additionally, I remember talking to him sometime last year, said you can see light through the roof around the windshield. :(

Vigo
08-01-2010, 07:23 PM
None of that explains why that front bumper cover is in the junkyard...

rich tideswell
08-01-2010, 07:38 PM
Additionally, I remember talking to him sometime last year, said you can see light through the roof around the windshield. :(

That's a bummer. Hack job windshield replacement is usually the culprit for rust like that. Can be fixed though, just more cutting/ welding for those of us who can or have access to a welder.

j4278h
08-01-2010, 08:34 PM
apparently he had been offering the car for cheap($100) and nobody wanted it.

this doesn't surprise me. probably was trying to get rid of it for month or better at $100 no takers. As soon as it hits the yard all the arm chair quarterbacks come out of the wood work.

Aries_Turbo
08-01-2010, 09:01 PM
alot of times people like me dont see the threads till after its too late... or its really far away and i cant muster up a road trip crew.

Brian

83Shelby
08-01-2010, 09:30 PM
this doesn't surprise me. probably was trying to get rid of it for month or better at $100 no takers. As soon as it hits the yard all the arm chair quarterbacks come out of the wood work.

:lol:

Vigo
08-01-2010, 10:36 PM
I buy damn near EVERYTHING (k-car related) that comes up for sale for $100 within about a 70 miles radius of me. You know, seeing as how even a rusted POS shell is worth more than $100 as a condensed cube, and i usually get some parts out of the deal.

If that car was near me, i would have bought it for $100, kept the front swaybar, rear axle, springs, steering rack, front bumper cover, taillights, maybe a few odds and ends depending on what else it had, and then scrapped it for $147 or something like that. At least it doesnt have the grille piece in it...:o

rich tideswell
08-02-2010, 08:22 AM

been there too, i have 92/93 daytona parts that are hitting the scrapper in the next few weeks that i've been trying to sell for over 1 year

30 PSI SHADOW
08-02-2010, 11:12 AM
So does anyone have a link to his "for sale" thread then? Cuz for $100 i would have snatched it up, bought a parts car for another couple hundred and fixed the floors.

You were going to go to boston from detroit, pick up a roller with no motor, for $100, and drive all the way to detroit?

You "are" the SD fan!

contraption22
08-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Should I warn Jon that the townspoeple are showing up with pitchforks and torches?

rich tideswell
08-02-2010, 12:51 PM
You were going to go to boston from detroit, pick up a roller with no motor, for $100, and drive all the way to detroit?

You "are" the SD fan!

i have a truck and i have a tow dolly. if all the shelby stuff was there (looks like it was), it would have been worth it.

Vigo
08-02-2010, 01:25 PM
if all the shelby stuff was there (looks like it was)

I was assuming it wasnt.. add that to me theoretical list.. :p

Should I warn Jon that the townspoeple are showing up with pitchforks and torches?

Nah, just ask him why he couldnt have just kept the bumper cover and thrown it up into the rafters until someone who wanted it wanders by, like the rest of us 'normal' people! :p

Reeves
08-02-2010, 02:10 PM
How's Jon been? Haven't seen or heard from him in years.

"No Lady!"

Vigo
08-02-2010, 05:47 PM
"No Lady!"

She in the junkyard now too??:yuck::p

Directconnection
08-02-2010, 06:50 PM
been there too, i have 92/93 daytona parts that are hitting the scrapper in the next few weeks that i've been trying to sell for over 1 year

Hold off on that for a bit.... a coworker of mine might be picking up a '92 IROC R/T and needing some items for a resto...

Directconnection
08-02-2010, 06:55 PM
How's Jon been? Haven't seen or heard from him in years.

"No Lady!"

I only met Jon a few times over the years (dyno events and NED) and the all time classic TM joke came from him (besides the "all of it" comment) At Wang's dyno in the freeeezing cold Jon mumbles out an improv joke in front of the NESDAC members, along with some people that trekked all the way from Canada: "how do Canadians make more horsepower?" "they turn up the Bee-Yoost!"

It is a total shame how some people let kewl cars go helll w/out fixing the rust before it really spreads.

contraption22
08-03-2010, 07:02 AM
I only met Jon a few times over the years (dyno events and NED) and the all time classic TM joke came from him (besides the "all of it" comment) At Wang's dyno in the freeeezing cold Jon mumbles out an improv joke in front of the NESDAC members, along with some people that trekked all the way from Canada: "how do Canadians make more horsepower?" "they turn up the Bee-Yoost!"

Jon is one of the funniest guys I have ever met. He would do the most random hilarious things. One time at cecil he walked up to me in the staging lanes and put a banana on my dash for good luck. I did beat my previous best on that pass.

I told him about this thread and he replied with. "I can feel the impending hate and discontent brewing. Maybe that explains the flaming bag of "CS" logos left on my doorstep."

csxt665
08-03-2010, 07:56 AM
Well, folks.. It's true - the CSX-T is gone. The original drivetrain was put into my old 8v R/T that I sold to a member on here years back. Who knows where that car is now... The T continued to race for a while longer, doing autocrosses and some more drag racing here and there. The floors were getting rotted out, the chassis was BEAT from years of 6500 RPM launches. The doors didn't like to open or close properly anymore.

That car and it's parts have been for sale for a LONG time at give away prices. I've even told people that if they just wanted it, come and get it. No one would take the offer. I got tired of the car just rotting away in the yard. It had a great run for the past 11 years, but it's past it's useful life with me. I've replaced it with another 8v'd 91 R/T that I picked up from a fellow New England member.

I have more CSX-T parts in my garage already, and didn't need any more stuff, since I'm back into AA cars. The GFX (which were in rough shape) were the only thing left on the car. Everything else was taken out of it. Parts from it have been given to friends for their projects.

Hey Lady, I'm not dead yet!

The Spirit is it's replacement. It will get my treatment of fun parts, with Gary's tuning help.

No more pitchforks and torches! HA!!

Reeves
08-03-2010, 08:11 AM
^ Whoa! He lives!

Pat
08-03-2010, 08:28 AM
Well, folks.. It's true - the CSX-T is gone. The original drivetrain was put into my old 8v R/T that I sold to a member on here years back. Who knows where that car is now... The T continued to race for a while longer, doing autocrosses and some more drag racing here and there. The floors were getting rotted out, the chassis was BEAT from years of 6500 RPM launches. The doors didn't like to open or close properly anymore.

That car and it's parts have been for sale for a LONG time at give away prices. I've even told people that if they just wanted it, come and get it. No one would take the offer. I got tired of the car just rotting away in the yard. It had a great run for the past 11 years, but it's past it's useful life with me. I've replaced it with another 8v'd 91 R/T that I picked up from a fellow New England member.

I have more CSX-T parts in my garage already, and didn't need any more stuff, since I'm back into AA cars. The GFX (which were in rough shape) were the only thing left on the car. Everything else was taken out of it. Parts from it have been given to friends for their projects.

The Spirit is it's replacement. It will get my treatment of fun parts, with Gary's tuning help.

Yay!!!

contraption22
08-03-2010, 08:39 AM

Time to rock out with....er uh... hang out with your.....

Reeves
08-03-2010, 08:42 AM
Jam out with her cl*m out!

rich tideswell
08-03-2010, 09:29 AM
Hold off on that for a bit.... a coworker of mine might be picking up a '92 IROC R/T and needing some items for a resto...

PM'ed about parts

Turbo3Iroc
08-03-2010, 11:48 AM
^ Whoa! He lives!

Yes he does!

Yup, I got a few pieces off of it Sunday. Thanks Jon.

csxt665
08-03-2010, 01:16 PM
Always glad to help a buddy out! The more I look around in my garage, I find more stuff that may end up in yours.

Took the Spirit for a nice ride this morning. Still happy I went with my decision.. Can't wait to run it one day at the "all of it" setting.

It'll be great to get back out and hang with everyone now that I have this car regularly on the road. And with all this time I have on my hands since the dealership I worked for folded two weeks ago, I can totally hang out with.... ya know...

Yes he does!

Yup, I got a few pieces off of it Sunday. Thanks Jon.

Vigo
08-03-2010, 01:25 PM
Lol. Glad to hear you kept most of the good stuff off of it.

Got pictures of the spirit?

Turbo3Iroc
08-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Bring it to Jon's Saturday?

csxt665
08-03-2010, 03:21 PM
I am going to try my best to make it up there.

Bring it to Jon's Saturday?

csxt665
08-03-2010, 03:36 PM
Sure do! Amazing thing is that it is the sister car to my old one. This one was behind my old one in the assembly line. 1 number off in the VIN!

The pic is in my profile info. I am not sure how to post it in the message.

Lol. Glad to hear you kept most of the good stuff off of it.

Got pictures of the spirit?

Vigo
08-03-2010, 05:39 PM
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/image.php?u=759&dateline=1280864266&type=profile

On most things you can right click on a picture, select 'copy image location' (at least in Firefox..) and then when you are posting click the little picture of '2 mountains' :confused2: and then right click; paste into the box that pops up.

mopar-tech
08-05-2010, 06:05 AM

I had a bunch of Shelby Daytona & Spirit R/T parts that were listed for free on the SDACNE list, they ended up going to the Montville transfer station.

Still have the Shelby Daytona hood if anyone wants it, free.

Jon is picking up a dozen alternators and a/c compressors for scrap value, I'm tired of tripping over the stuff.

I need enough parts to support a certain K-car, thats it.

Gary

mopar-tech
08-05-2010, 06:07 AM
I am going to try my best to make it up there.

Wish I could make it, if I'm lucky the new engine in the Plymouth might be cranking over.

Tire smoke to follow.

Need to find some 15" rims so I can hit the valley for a few passes, get a baseline on the car.

30 PSI SHADOW
08-05-2010, 10:22 AM
Need to find some 15" rims so I can hit the valley for a few passes, get a baseline on the car.[/QUOTE]

I have a set of slicks you can use!!

Cinder_gal
02-15-2011, 09:16 PM
Okay. Shelby-Dodge.com gallery will be updating #665 as RIP. What a shame.

DodgeZ
02-15-2011, 09:30 PM

I take it you don't ask before using pictures...

88CSX-T
02-15-2011, 11:17 PM

Whose website is that, anybody on here? When was it last updated, does anybody know?

Cinder_gal
03-30-2011, 08:53 PM
I take it you don't ask before using pictures...

Pictures are obtained through a variety of methods. If I have used someone's picture that they would rather I not, they can contact me at the email address on the Shelby-Dodge.com site and I'll remove it. My intention is not to upset anyone.

Whose website is that, anybody on here? When was it last updated, does anybody know?

It's my site. The WELCOME page shows when it was last updated.