PDA

View Full Version : where can I get L body LM cal'd

spoolinhard
07-27-2010, 09:59 PM
I have a glhs stage II LM and I need it socketed and cal'd, where can I go to have this done?
thanks
-Kaleb

OmniLuvr
07-28-2010, 12:02 AM
if i were you, i would buy an already socketed lm then sell your stage II, its worth about a 100 bucks (a little higher maybe) and a socketed one couldnt be over 150 with a cal?

shelgame sockets lm's and burns custom chips for your needs, his website is www.boostbutton.com

ShelGame
07-28-2010, 08:45 AM
I actually have (well, had) his LM. But, I can't do anything with the GLHS cal. My code is '87 T2 compatible only :( The GLHS is 2 separate bins, the code is different, the cal is different, etc. Unless someone knows for sure that the GLHS LM will run '87 T2 code. It sure didn't look like it to me. Anyone tried it?

tryingbe
07-28-2010, 10:19 AM
Convert the car to TII and run TII cal.

OmniLuvr
07-28-2010, 11:28 AM
bummer, my friend succesfully burned a cal on his glhs computer, but it was the dual chip cal, and he had trouble with the cal he chose so he ended up running a stage II glhs cal.

so i may be able to trade my glhs stage II for my friends socketed glhs stage II, but i dont know how to do cals, so i guess your still on your own there?

spoolinhard
07-28-2010, 04:17 PM
Convert the car to TII and run TII cal.

Define TII status? Already running 2 piece intake/intercooler.

OmniLuvr
07-28-2010, 04:36 PM
tII status would be 87 tII big body cars, shelby lancer, daytona, and csx. they have external map sensors (l-bodys have internal in the lm), and the computer program is different (slightly). with one of those computers you only have to burn one chip and your good to go. but to run the 87 lm in your l-body, you need to convert your wiring harness to external map, i think you swap a couple pins and add two or three wires, i havnt done it myself, so i cant tell you what pins?

spoolinhard
07-28-2010, 04:41 PM
tII status would be 87 tII big body cars, shelby lancer, daytona, and csx. they have external map sensors (l-bodys have internal in the lm), and the computer program is different (slightly). with one of those computers you only have to burn one chip and your good to go. but to run the 87 lm in your l-body, you need to convert your wiring harness to external map, i think you swap a couple pins and add two or three wires, i havnt done it myself, so i cant tell you what pins?

But I have already done this. Running 3 bar map underhood. Which is why i am confused that my setup is not already TII.

spoolinhard
07-28-2010, 04:42 PM
so do I need an 87 shelby daytona LM?

x.Gen
07-28-2010, 04:52 PM
I can do it for you. I have the same setup in my first gen G - 2.5 with +20's, right? got an exhaust on it yet? I have a cal that will make that setup rip. PM me your contact info.

86Shelby
07-28-2010, 05:07 PM
tII status would be 87 tII big body cars, shelby lancer, daytona, and csx.

The only thing that is different between Spoolinhard's Shelby Charger and any other 'true' TII car as far as wiring is a couple pin locations at his LM. It is a TII car, nuff said.

turbovanmanČ
07-28-2010, 06:04 PM
I have a glhs stage II LM and I need it socketed and cal'd, where can I go to have this done?
thanks
-Kaleb

What year is your computer?

Aries_turbo knows alot of about LM's, get him to chime in.

OmniLuvr
07-28-2010, 09:28 PM
so do you have a "GLHS" computer or a shelby daytona, lancer, csx computer in it now?

glhs727
07-28-2010, 09:42 PM
thanks
-Kaleb

www.fwdperformance.com

sdac guy
07-29-2010, 12:07 AM
so do I need an 87 shelby daytona LM?
What everyone is saying but not being very specific is that if your car is set up for the TII electronics, it only makes sense to modify an 87 TII logic module. The 86 module you have is not the correct module for a true TII setup. A couple pins would need to be moved to make it so. It sounds like you want to socket the 86 module just because it is convenient (an extra or spare module).

But, and this is a big condition, if you get an 87 TII module to socket and make certain all your TII wiring is up to date for it, then any 87 cal you want to run will be able to be loaded into it. The 87 cals are sort of the defacto standard for logic module DIY.

If you go with the 86 module, you will always have that special setup for it because it spreads the cal over 2 chips. So if you want to change it in the future, your options will be limited.

Go with the 87 box and save yourself future headaches. It will be fairly easy to sell the 86 box to someone that wants a spare for their GLHS.

Barry

Keito
07-29-2010, 07:56 AM
PM mw6886 on here.
Did mine a few years ago, 18psi, 3 bar map, +20's.
Runs awesome.