PDA

View Full Version : New product at BoostButton.com...

ShelGame
07-24-2010, 02:41 PM
I'm happy to offer a new product at BoostButton.com. I now have SBEC latch adapters for sale. These allow you to use a more 'standard' chip (EPROM, EEPROM, Flash, Etc.) in place of the near-obsolete and relatively expensive 87C257 UV-EPROM.

It also allows the use of the Ostrich or Romulator with the SBEC.

These are now available on my website - www.boostbutton.com - for $30 shipped.

These are very compact, and require removing only slightly more potting compound than a regular socket job. They are designed to be soldered in place (I used pins with a small diameter to make installation easier). They do also fit sockets, but may be loose depending on the type. If you require an adapter to fit a socket securely, please let me know. Also, these come standard with a machine-pin socket for the chip or Ostrich. If you desire a ZIF-socket, that can be done as well - though an extra fee will apply.

http://www.boostbutton.com/latch_adapter_pic_website.jpg

turbovanmanČ
07-24-2010, 03:46 PM
Once again, you da man, :hail:

BadAssPerformance
07-24-2010, 06:22 PM
Nice work Rob! :clap:

cordes
07-24-2010, 07:55 PM
I just put in a similar unit in my Shadow yesterday. Yours is much more compact than mine though.

I can highly recommend this to anyone as I loved being able to flash a chip and throw it in the car. No more UVC light bulb for me!

ShelGame
07-27-2010, 07:35 PM
I forgot to mention - I also offer installation for the same price as a socket job. So, if you want an SBEC all ready to go for your Ostrich, I can set you up.

I still need to add that option to the website. I'll try to get that done tonight...

ShelGame
09-11-2010, 01:57 PM
Well, it looks like I got these going just in time. I'm down to my last 2 87C257's. So, I went to re-order. All of the oulets seems to be out of them, and they are now listed as 'obsolete' on a couple. Didigey has them as orderable with a 200+ piece minimum.

I'm going to take the 87C257 off the website as an oderable part for now. Hopefully, they'll come back in stock eventually...

cordes
09-11-2010, 03:20 PM
Well, it looks like I got these going just in time. I'm down to my last 2 87C257's. So, I went to re-order. All of the oulets seems to be out of them, and they are now listed as 'obsolete' on a couple. Didigey has them as orderable with a 200+ piece minimum.

I'm going to take the 87C257 off the website as an oderable part for now. Hopefully, they'll come back in stock eventually...

Wow. The times are a changin'.