PDA

View Full Version : Installing Larger Injectors on 87 TII Daytona

89spirites
07-20-2010, 06:51 PM
I'm looking to install some larger fuel injectors on my 87 TII Daytona. Now, If I upgrade to a 36lbs or 42 will I have to get a MP computer?? What problem will I run into if any. thanks

89ShelbyGuy
07-21-2010, 08:00 AM
You wont need a mp computer, put if you do put in say like +20 injectors, you will need to have a adjustable fuel regulator installed inorder to turn down the pressure..i put +20's in on my stock tune and on cold starts it was VERY rich....also, if you went to time the car, when you unplug the coolant temp sensor, it would basicly flood out the car with gas and die...so, i turned the pressure down to about 47-48 psi......now i have a custom cal scaled for my +20 injectors.

1FastCSX289
07-21-2010, 08:33 AM
|I dont know why you would want to install larger injectors and not have the computer scaled appropriately. Its going to run like garbage under a wide variety of conditions and not give you any more power (unless youre cranking the boost and using a hack map clamp or zenier). Its so easy to come up with a basic +20 or +40 cal, it just simply doesnt make any sense to do it other than the correct way......for the cost of having a computer socketed and a chip burnt, you will be all set. There are plenty of guys who can help you out with either job.

BadAssPerformance
07-21-2010, 09:51 AM
The 87 T-II Mopar Performance Stage II cal works very well with the 36pph injectors. It works with the 42pph injectors too.

Are you wanting larger injectors due to raising boost? The Stage II LM will raise boost from stock ~9psi to ~12psi without a bleed or g-valve and it will let it run up to 15psi w/o overboost cutout, heck mine used to let it spike to 18psi for a couple seconds before cutout.

With that said, the stock LM can be used as well, but like Tom mentioned need to have an AFPR for sure.

GLHNSLHT2
07-21-2010, 07:38 PM
|I dont know why you would want to install larger injectors and not have the computer scaled appropriately. Its going to run like garbage under a wide variety of conditions and not give you any more power (unless youre cranking the boost and using a hack map clamp or zenier). Its so easy to come up with a basic +20 or +40 cal, it just simply doesnt make any sense to do it other than the correct way......for the cost of having a computer socketed and a chip burnt, you will be all set. There are plenty of guys who can help you out with either job.

Make the motor flow 20% more air over stock, add +20's and run a stock cal :)

I've got FFV's (+21%) on my 2.2 with stock 89 fueling. Runs 10:1 on cold start in the winter (0-32 degrees out) for about 60 seconds, runs 14.7 at warm idle and cruise and a nice 12:1 in boost from 5-18lbs :)