PDA

View Full Version : PRO STOCK Driver

BIG PSI
06-15-2006, 06:01 PM
I just wanted to get your HONEST opinion of one of my young friend's resume that is trying to get into PRO STOCK. I called Don Schumacher today (NHRA VIP OWNER) and talked to him for about 10 miuntes. He wa very interested in a number of things that we talked about. One was my friend, Vic Ellinger. He is the one hoping to become the Pro Stock Driver. So if you would loook over his resume and let me know your thoughts.

We also talked about another idea I had. That was for Don to photo copy all his Pro Driver's ET SLIPS and sell them at their pit area for $1.00 with the driver's name printed on the top or $5.00 and the driver will autograph it in front of you. Your opinions on that idea would be appreciated as well.

Regards
Chuck

kingofvenus
06-15-2006, 08:34 PM
The big rumor flying about is that Greg Stanfield will be in the red DSR car soon.

Turbo Joe
06-15-2006, 10:07 PM
resume' looks good to me but nowhere does he mention his average attendance, or reaction times average. Also what tree does he run currently, and tree's he ran when he was r/u or event winner so on so forth. Other than that i wish him good luck and I would believe that he is genuine saying he wants to go pro.

turbovanmanČ
06-15-2006, 10:13 PM
I would believe that he is genuine saying he wants to go pro.

We all say that, I have wanted to be a PRO Superbike racer for years but it will never happen, :(

Captain Chaos
06-16-2006, 11:59 AM
Thats all I aspire to do is race a Pro Stock car. If I could afford it I would go to Roy Hills school an obtain a license just to drive one. Hell I'd cut my "member" off for payment to drive pro stock. Its such a tough competitive field. I love it!

Directconnection
06-16-2006, 12:25 PM
We also talked about another idea I had. That was for Don to photo copy all his Pro Driver's ET SLIPS and sell them at their pit area for $1.00 with the driver's name printed on the top or $5.00 and the driver will autograph it in front of you. Your opinions on that idea would be appreciated as well.

Regards
Chuck

That is a bad idea. Today, we have enough people capitalizing off of everyone. Baseball players charging $ for signatures at card shows, etc? The big attraction to me in NHRA/IHRA is the fan interaction. Let's not ruin this last sport who doesn't charge for every idea they have... somethings in life should be free.