PDA

View Full Version : Datalogger, what to get?

boost geek
07-19-2010, 02:00 AM
I have an AEM UEGO in my car which works great, I use it to supply the 02 signal, buy I have a hard time reading gauges and driving when I'm at the track. I need some way to datalog so I can see what's going on, as my car right now is a whole different animal, running in the 7000+ rpm range. I'd like to keep the UEGO where it is if possible, and just add something extra. Would something like a JAW work? I don't wanna buy something that costs a fortune, anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks...

GLHNSLHT2
07-19-2010, 11:23 PM
hehe should of gone with the innovate :) Car sounds like a lot of fun now. Nice to have an intake that flows huh?

boost geek
07-19-2010, 11:34 PM
I have to learn how to drive this car from scratch now. :p

bakes
07-20-2010, 12:23 AM
I have to learn how to drive this car from scratch now. :p

And the boost is only at 18psi wait till we turn on the high boost switch on to 28psi .

bakes
07-20-2010, 01:13 AM
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42191&highlight=data+logging

boost geek
07-21-2010, 02:02 AM
Has anyone run this logger yet? I just ordered the part from mouser, only $21.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/vbarticles.php?do=article&articleid=95

89ShelbyGuy
07-21-2010, 07:14 AM
Yep...i just ordered the same thing a couple weeks ago. I am actually have problems with that one when i datalog in the logworks 3.....after i punch the gas for a run, it will stop logging for some reason....i am still sorting it out...i don't know if its the sci connection or what...its somewhat annoying...but alot of others used this way to log with no issues...but its really nice when it works..

Tom

boost geek
07-21-2010, 07:03 PM
Do you have a screen shot of it, kinda interested to see what it looks like.:)

kleiner
09-06-2010, 04:05 PM
Hey I got this too was planning on using it then the tranny went, now I'm painting.
Any new info Boost geek, as I will try this after the paint.
Cheers

boost geek
09-06-2010, 09:17 PM
I have the 232 soldered up and running on my netbook, but seeing how computer illiterate I am, I loaded logworks somewhere in my computer, but I have to find it, then figure out how to run it with the 232.

boost geek
09-06-2010, 09:55 PM
I reloaded logworks. I'm running a UEGO, does this wire get soldered to the 232, or does it somehow get hooked to a usb?
Serial data stream included for output of AFR (RS 232)

kleiner
09-06-2010, 09:57 PM
Hummm you are still ahead of me I have just soldered it to the LM and yet to change the wires to put it in the car. Id say in a few months I will start looking into that. Wish I could help you.
I also have an AEM Uego.

risen
09-07-2010, 08:10 PM
I reloaded logworks. I'm running a UEGO, does this wire get soldered to the 232, or does it somehow get hooked to a usb?
Serial data stream included for output of AFR (RS 232)

Hummm you are still ahead of me I have just soldered it to the LM and yet to change the wires to put it in the car. Id say in a few months I will start looking into that. Wish I could help you.
I also have an AEM Uego.

Logworks will not work with a AEM wideband. If you guys want to log with wideband AFR included you'll need to either get a innovate wideband or (if you have a LM) use winlog and see if they have a AEM plugin. Logworks only supports innovate hardware and whatever software has been written to support OEM ecus.

boost geek
09-07-2010, 10:19 PM
We may have to go this route, if we can figure it out...

http://forum.aempower.com/forum/index.php?topic=23299.0

kleiner
09-09-2010, 04:41 PM
Good find boost geek.
I going to have to do a lot of reading to figure this out. In the winter I will be bugging you and reading up on this stuff. Good luck.
If I get a chance i will start up, but way too busy at the moment.

boost geek
09-13-2010, 12:41 AM
I was in contact a couple times now with a rep from Winlog. They are going to try add the AEM to the plug in line, in the process of sorting out the protocol.:D

kleiner
04-24-2011, 12:30 AM
Hey Boost geek you ever figure something out?
My car is almost back together, and the next step is putting in a socketed LM and trying to burn a cal to a chip.
Just curious I read up a lot about this about 1 1/2 years ago. Is this still the way to go? I was thinking it would be a lot easier if I bought an ostrich aswell.
Cheers
hopefully see everybody this year at mission.

boost geek
04-24-2011, 12:35 AM
No progress. Nothing from Winlog. I should have bought an LC1, but I can't turn back the clock. The Ostrich is running though.:thumb:

shackwrrr
04-24-2011, 12:57 AM
I have a techedge that will datalog AFR, RPM, and 2 0-5v inputs. The only problem is that they used a cheap HIN202 serial chip and it flakes out. I just haven't got around to ordering a better one yet. Also I had to use shielded cable for the RPM.

kleiner
04-25-2011, 01:33 AM
I hear ya I should have bought an LC1 too. maybe we can sell ours on craigslist and get one? I thought about doing this awhile ago, but caught up on a few things. I remember that I wouldn't be too far in the whole. just a thought.

Force Fed Mopar
04-25-2011, 02:13 AM
Will it work w/ an NGK wideband?

kleiner
04-30-2011, 01:15 AM
Hey Boostgeek are you running an socket 87 and a cal? if so is how did you start off? did someone burn one for you based on the mods of your car? Then you drove the car watched the Wideband and adjusted the cal with the ostrich, and kept doing this until you were happy?
Thanks for the help as I am going to go through this soon.
Cheers
Shawn

boost geek
04-30-2011, 01:27 AM
Shelgame will make a cal for you that you can tweak to your liking, I just got a new one emailed from him this week, haven't even tried it yet. I ran 12.2@117 last year on a cal that Bakes made without any tuning, but I did have knock issues. I think running without a datalogger makes it harder to tune in your cal, and I find it nearly impossible to read gauges when I'm shifting, looking at the shift light and trying to keep the car straight.
To answer your question, yes, I have a socketed '87 LM, although many recommend running a SMEC. One thing that I like about the LM is that mine is mounted in my glovebox, takes seconds to remove and install a chip.

kleiner
04-30-2011, 03:33 PM
Thanks, I know I am an idiot at times but I'm still learning a lot about these cars. What is the advantage of running an SMEC?