PDA

View Full Version : 91+ Daytona Fuel Tanks

TurboDan
07-18-2010, 10:50 PM
Is it true that the 1991+ Daytona fuel tanks that use the fuel pump module have no type of "slosh bowl" in them to keep fuel around the pump? Is there some type of recess in the tank or is it just completely flat? Also, is there any reason that I shouldn't put a 1991+ style turbo pump in a older tank that has a bowl. I have an older tank but a new style pump on hand haha. ;)

Thanks!

Dan

TurboDan
07-21-2010, 10:01 PM
So I'm thinking of trying the module I have just to see how it will work. Any idea where I can find a connector pigtail that will work with the newer pump?

turbovanmanČ
07-22-2010, 01:29 AM
IIRC, the newer pump won't fit in the older gas tanks.

Connector, go to a wrecking yard.

135sohc
07-22-2010, 01:34 AM
Its been awhile since I've looked down that direction but if the fuel pump connector looks like any of these you can buy them new from the dealer.

http://starparts.chrysler.com/starlibrary/marketing/conkits/connectorkits_2pin_page1.htm

TurboDan
07-22-2010, 01:52 PM
Is the module longer than the old style hanger or is it physically larger so it wont fit in the hole?

turbovanmanČ
07-22-2010, 02:14 PM
Is the module longer than the old style hanger or is it physically larger so it wont fit in the hole?

Can't remember but something tells me they are different.

badandy
07-22-2010, 08:40 PM
Like Simon I can't remember either but I did put an 88 hanger in a 91 Shelby Daytona...don't know if that help but for what it's worth ;)

thefitisgay
07-23-2010, 02:43 AM
the holes are different sizes and yeah my 91 tank didnt have a slosh bowl in it you can tell by the ones with a slosh bowl have a ovalish resess that just basicly forms a crease for the plastic bowl to snap onto

my 91 pump had like a plastic can that the pump was inside of and the return line emptied into this can so it was like a self feeding slosh bowl mounted on the pump itself

edit i did put an older pump on my hanger/flange but the fuel pressure would cut out around turns and my car would die for a second