PDA

View Full Version : Wacky Fuel Issue

show-off
12-29-2005, 10:24 PM
I am not sure exactly what is going on. I have put all new parts together and I am having some sort of allergic reaction. The car runs fine and boosts good until it gets hot. Then it starts to act up. The only thing that was changed was the SMEC and I was having a code 34 (1&2 injector failure) which we think is a bad power module in this new stock T2 Smec I am using during break-in.

I drove it tonight to test the BOV issue I was having and it boosted to 15psi, but the dawes showed rich up to 12-13 range then start to lean out. Afterwards it got hot it would sputter like a loss of power (not all cylinders firing), and if I put it to the floor it would stay lean (yellow red) and sputter.

Anybody got any ideas or experienced this one? I had +40's in and switched out to stock T2 injectors just to be safe. It is basically a stock set-up for now. Any ideas would be great.

turbovanmanČ
12-29-2005, 10:32 PM
Is the injector code coming back?

Have you replaced the fuel filter? how old is the fuel pump?

Whats the base fuel pressure at?

show-off
12-29-2005, 10:50 PM
I had the accufab & +40's, but now a stock FPR & T2 rail is on it. The code ws there 2 times, but not this time. I didn't drive it long enough. It would throw after driving 20-30 min.

The whole fuel system is new (was on the car 400 miles before the mahles committed suicide on me!). Tank, 255, filter, lines, accufab & +40's. We thought maybe the +40's went bad so we swapped the whole rail out for a stock one.

show-off
12-29-2005, 10:52 PM
Hopefully it will go away when I put the T2 chip in my old smec (known to be good). This is a new SMEC & T2 cal that someone did for me. It runs fine until hot.

turbovanmanČ
12-29-2005, 11:05 PM
Hmmmm, I would be putting on a fuel pressure gauge and see what is going on. Something is wrong, thats probably why you toasted the Mahles.

show-off
12-29-2005, 11:41 PM
Different computers. The mahles was b/c of timiing (my fault) not being right on TU's cal. This is a stock T2 and we are not sure if the board that houses the chip is good. At least that is what we are hoping. Tomorrow I will have my old SMEC back to swap the chips.

Before the rebuild my Fuel Pressure was 55psi and always good. It was always rich. This is something new with the same parts as before that is why we are thinking it is the board...hope it is that simple!