PDA

View Full Version : Fmic install

mr glenn
07-18-2010, 08:06 PM
I have a 90 spirit that I am ready to install my FMIC question is that I have 1 sensor on the side of my radiator I think this is for my Air Bag would like to move this sensor so that I can run my piping can I just Disconnect it any help would be cool do not want any air bag problems

shackwrrr
07-18-2010, 08:20 PM
you can move it as long as it faces the same direction and remains level. If you mount it wrong it either wont go off or the bag will deploy when you hit a bump, Either not good

mr glenn
07-19-2010, 04:48 PM
I will try and disconnect the one the other side has one anyways don't want the Bag popping out

cordes
07-19-2010, 04:52 PM
I will try and disconnect the one the other side has one anyways don't want the Bag popping out

If I'm not mistaken disconnecting one of them will cause the air bag light to come on.

I would try to mount the IC in there so that you don't have to move the sensor at all. I think that should be pretty doable with a spirit.

mr glenn
07-20-2010, 06:17 PM
I will try now to see which inexpensive BOV from ebay to go with for no more than 15 psi

A.J.
07-21-2010, 12:52 AM
If you disconnect the sensor your airbag light WILL come on. Any time your airbag light is on, the airbag is deactivated so wear your seat belt.

A.J.

JohnnyIroc
07-21-2010, 01:02 AM
what do these sensors look like and how many are there?
my airbag light is always on.. LOL

A.J.
07-21-2010, 01:07 AM
I've always seen two sensors in the front of FWD Chryslers. I can't describe what they look like. You'll have to look in a FSM.

A.J.

cordes
07-22-2010, 06:06 PM
I've always seen two sensors in the front of FWD Chryslers. I can't describe what they look like. You'll have to look in a FSM.

A.J.

Same here. They look kind of like two overgrown map sensors to me. They are in the front of the car with some wires running to them. Easiest to view them from below the car looking up toward the sky. Hard to miss them really.

mr glenn
07-22-2010, 06:25 PM
It is one on each side of the radiator I will have to move the one don't want to cut out the core support