PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 1986 GLH-S for sale so. cal.

Username
07-16-2010, 07:24 PM
Hello all, Prepare for the book or scroll to the pics...I've recently moved into a smaller house and don't have the space for all my cars so one has to go and since the 1986 GLH-S rarely gets driven, it wins. I bought it about 5 years ago from some guy who had turned it into crap storage after it stopped running on him and it was in BAD condition. I let it sit for about 2 years before I even touched it, but it is now fun to drive and okay to look at and sit in. The guy who owned it before him got in an accident and the rear left door was replaced as well as some body work done...not very well I might add. Well since the crap body work was getting surface rust I had it redone right and the whole car painted black. Not the greatest job, cheap economy shop..they didn't do the body work though, I had a friend do that, and he ONLY repaired the stuff that had been done wrong not the whole car. The seats were so bad they were barely seats so I removed them and found some charger seats for it. Not great, but better. Most of the interior trim was gone, so I've slowly found most of it after numerous trips to the yard, but it could use some work. Since I've owned it, I had the head done, valves back cut, and bowls cleaned up as well as the short side runners smoothed out. Nothing ridiculous just going for efficiency. The crank turned and rings, rod bearings and mains replaced. Installed a new clutch, reman rack and pinion, new master cylinder as well as calipers...just auto zone ones that already look rusty, new pads all the way around and the rotors were either turned or replaced. Energy suspension bushings in the control arms, poly bushings in the sway bar as well as welded end links on the sway bar and a k&n air filter. It has the mini van brakes up front and csx-t discs in the rear. I believe the exhaust is 2.5 inches after the down pipe with an aftermarket muffler(can't remember brand...kind of a flowmaster design though). It shows 130550, but this was all done in the last 10000 miles. Most of the GLHS stuff is there, but the shifter leather could be redone and the steering wheel leather was removed since the old stuff felt like bubble gum. One of the centurions got chewed up on the lip by something(wasn't me) and it has none of the glhs stickers. Also I installed the konis from my old glhs and the front right is messed up, it was leaking a little oil from the top where the adjustment screw is and it was chewed up a little so I pulled it up and put something on it to keep it up. Stopped leaking but feels softer than the drivers side one. I'm a pretty harsh judge, and I'd say the car over all is a 5-6 of 10. It also comes with a box of random crap including the original mobil 1 valve cover some fog lights and brackets, head lights, extra door handles(the 2 rear ones don't open doors) an extra lower intercooler hose with a talon BOV installed, a stage 2 mopar performance computer that works, but I think it makes it overboost even worse which it does now, but I have a simple bleed on it because I don't feel like working on it at this time. Also included is the intercooler rad combo from my old glhs that was wrecked the rad is shot, but the cooler is good as are the rad end tanks so it needs a new core. Also I have an extra 525 that grinds a little if you shift quick but works fine besides that, so if you want it it comes with. Also comes with the old junk konis and glhs springs that were on the car as well as the old mopar struts from the front(konis were DEAD) so you can have them rebuilt or something. There's probably stuff I've missed, so I may ad more later.3,400 obo. Listed locally and going to ebay after a couple days if nothing good comes up. Ask any questions you have or if you want pics of anything else let me know. I'm in Orange, California.-Jarrod

I don't know how to post pics here so go here for pics
http://picasaweb.google.com/enw17331/GLHS?feat=directlink

1984rampage
07-16-2010, 09:53 PM
In your description you made it sound like a total POS! Looks pretty good to me :thumb:

2.216VTurbo
07-17-2010, 12:33 AM
Hold the phone Jared!! You're in Orange now, like the muther F'n OC??:thumb: No more 909 land of the dirt people?? You get a raise at the Happy Place:lol:? Where the house? I work in orange 3 days a week at St Joseph/CHOC hospitals, lets do lunch at Duke's, Main&La Veta

Username
07-17-2010, 02:38 AM
In your description you made it sound like a total POS! Looks pretty good to me :thumb:

It's not a total POS, and I'm sure people would say it's a lot nicer than I make it sound(especially for a 26 year old car that's been abused by previous owners and has seen some hard miles), but I'd rather be as brutally honest as I can and undersell it than have someone from the forum get into something they don't have the worst case scenario of. A lot of people on here aren't close enough to make a trip and check it out so I don't want to waste anyones time.

And yes Allen I live in the OC now. About 3 months now actually, right off Chapman and prospect north of El modena. I've never been to Dukes unless it's the same as the Dukes charbroiled hamburgers right by me. In which case....that's nasty..and overpriced for a fast food joint. Let me know what days you're in town, and I'm sure we can make it happen.

Also the car is number 476 if anyone's curious and in addition to my random crap box that comes with the car, I can throw in a starion intercooler that will continue to be decoration if I keep it.

Username
07-17-2010, 03:32 PM
forgot to mention that the regulator for the charging circuit in the computer went out so since I couldn't find one I wired up an external one(from a carbed omni). The gauge in the car still works, it's just the computer doesn't see voltage so it throws a code ONLY when you check. I installed with cutting as little as possible so It's very easy to swap back if you have a computer with a working voltage regulator.

Username
07-18-2010, 02:00 PM
The more I drive the more I remember, the speedo only runs in the 35-55mph range and I don't even think that's accurate. The trip and odometer still work, but the little winding in the back of the speedo was birdnested when I bought it. I didn't swap it because it has the snazzy 135mph sticker.

Username
07-21-2010, 04:02 PM
It passed California smog today like a friggin prius.

Username
07-29-2010, 07:29 PM
Registration paind until NEXT august..did I mention it comes with some roof racks for snowboards or skis? ehhh? eehhhhhhh? Hopefully it will be gone by saturday if not it'll be on ebay.

Username
07-31-2010, 12:48 PM
The GLH-S has been SOLD.....yay.:)

2.216VTurbo
07-31-2010, 03:30 PM
Local guy? New home with someone we know?

BadAssPerformance
07-31-2010, 05:53 PM
Wow, nice looking car!

+1 anyone here?

Also, hard to make out what number it is?

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_2XRrNaPtw0c/TEDpCOOGhRI/AAAAAAAAAdk/njl73fhkmTE/s800/new%20pics%20045.jpg

Username
07-31-2010, 06:07 PM
#476 and it was to a military guy in san diego, he's gonna make an auto crosser out of it. e already has a carbed omni that he runs but wanted something a bit faster. From the sound of it he's gonna make some heavy investments into the drivetrain and suspension.

BadAssPerformance
07-31-2010, 07:42 PM
Sounds like it found a good home :thumb:

OmniLuvr
08-04-2010, 03:44 AM
where at in sd? does he visit this site often?

Username
08-08-2010, 02:42 PM
He's in the military, so I'm guessin near the base. I know he's been to this site, but I don't think he checks it too much. I know him and his buddy go to the qualcom practice auto x sessions a lot. His buddy runs a 68 road runner so it shouldn't be hard to spot.