PDA

View Full Version : How much boost can I use safely?

3Bar_Mopar
06-15-2006, 01:14 AM
With the alky kit, I'm looking for close to 300 WHP or at least W/TQ....

I have a 2.5 T1 with Garrett T2 style turbo, ported and polished compressor housing and larger wheel....A413 auto trans.

I'm still non-intercooled at them moment. I have an intercooler and it will be installed....the alky will hold me over until it is.
I want to be running over 20 PSI on 94 octane.
Will I be safe doing so with just alky injection and no physical "intercooler" in the nose?

What kinda improvements will I see?

Ground Rat
07-28-2006, 10:53 PM
With the alky kit, I'm looking for close to 300 WHP or at least W/TQ....

I have a 2.5 T1 with Garrett T2 style turbo, ported and polished compressor housing and larger wheel....A413 auto trans.

I'm still non-intercooled at them moment. I have an intercooler and it will be installed....the alky will hold me over until it is.
I want to be running over 20 PSI on 94 octane.
Will I be safe doing so with just alky injection and no physical "intercooler" in the nose?

What kinda improvements will I see?
I would like some info on this too. I'm no expert, but I think with that setup you will be short of your goal. Nitrous will get your there though. :thumb:

zin
07-28-2006, 11:44 PM
Here's a link to another thread that might be helpful: http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4733

Hope it's helpful.

Mike

Tony Hanna
07-29-2006, 03:14 AM
Depending on how fast you intend to do this, I may be able to give you the results on how mine worked out. With the move and the house remodeling, I haven't had the time to fool with it yet, but as soon as we get the floors done so we can move our crap out of the garage, I plan to get started.
Everything I plan to do is in the link Mike posted. I think I'm going to be shooting for about the same ammount of boost, so if my engine will survive that much hot boost from a mitsu, then yours should be fine with the cooler boost from the Garrett.