PDA

View Full Version : 2 different LMs, still won't post codes with 3 key turns. Suggestions?

minigts
07-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Well I thought maybe the LM I originally had in the car was keeping it from posting codes, but after going to ANOTHER LM, I'm still having problems. Is there a wire or a couple of wires that could be keeping the car from posting codes? Not sure what else to do other than trying a 3rd LM, but don't have a spare laying around.

Thoughts?

mw6886
07-07-2010, 02:59 PM
Is it a converted L body, or is it all stock electronics for the year?

<M>

minigts
07-07-2010, 04:43 PM
One computer was "87" stock GLHS electronics, the other is an 87 LM socketed running an 87 CSX stage II setup. Both are responding the exact same. Makes me think there is something in the wiring that isn't working as it should. And just to note, the issue with no codes flashing happened before and after adjustments made to the electronics, so it seems to be related to SOMETHING with a wire or two that has been there from the get go.

86Shelby
07-07-2010, 11:51 PM
Could it be as easy as the PL light bulb burnt out?

86seeS
07-07-2010, 11:57 PM
my S shows codes on the 4th key over not the 3rd try that

minigts
07-08-2010, 12:01 AM
Well teh light works, but the fuel pump is still priming after three turns. From my 85 LM electronics and the 89 SMEC electronics, you should only turn it three times and with the third turn the pump won't prime and the codes start. I'll try 4, but I think I did that already. Just doesn't make sense! I'd like to know what is going on with my car because now I have an issue where the car acts like it's shutting down when driving about 70 and almost no throttle. If I go to give it throttle once it slows down it start jerking and bucking. I think it's the TPS, but I can't see if any codes are posting.

exciter101
07-08-2010, 12:39 AM
Mine is 4th turn too, don't know why.

minigts
07-08-2010, 12:55 PM
I tried tons of turns, no luck. Not sure what I can check. This is frustrating. It has to be something in the wiring. I guess I'll look at the pins on the LM and see if anything is out of order. :(

turbovanmanČ
07-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Sounds like a wiring issue, probably a bad ground somewhere, use the headlight trick, :thumb:

minigts
07-08-2010, 03:07 PM
Sounds like a wiring issue, probably a bad ground somewhere, use the headlight trick, :thumb:

Yeah well I didn't see the headlight trick in the KC. Care to elaborate? :)

86seeS
07-08-2010, 03:10 PM
well jon hope its not like my headlight trick HAHAHA got that fixed by the way

1FastCSX289
07-08-2010, 03:43 PM
Try going through and checking all the power supply and grounds to the logic module. Pins 7 and 8 on the red both receive a 12V key on power from the same source.....not sure why, but that might be a good place to start. You can also check your direct battery feed at pin 20 on the blue connector.....if its not a direct feed the computer might be resetting itself each time you turn the key off.

minigts
07-08-2010, 03:53 PM
well jon hope its not like my headlight trick HAHAHA got that fixed by the way

WOW Glad to hear that! What was causing the issue with the switch, btw?

Try going through and checking all the power supply and grounds to the logic module. Pins 7 and 8 on the red both receive a 12V key on power from the same source.....not sure why, but that might be a good place to start. You can also check your direct battery feed at pin 20 on the blue connector.....if its not a direct feed the computer might be resetting itself each time you turn the key off.

Thanks Sean, I'll look into this and see if that is causing an issue. Maybe there is something weird they did with my electronics or something cooky. :$

turbovanmanČ
07-08-2010, 03:58 PM
Yeah well I didn't see the headlight trick in the KC. Care to elaborate? :)

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/vbarticles.php?do=article&articleid=173